SiouxSports.com Forum

Plenty to discuss on the bye week...(Let's move on!)

01grad

Caution, positive thinking ahead!!!

I hope the players can use this time to get healthy and sharpen up. I know other fans are as frustrated as I am, but we need to stick with the boys and pull through this. Hopefully we can still make a run, but if not we know we have the talented players that will click very soon and into next year. Our league is very tough this year and we do have younger players, but we still need to adjust to how different teams play and can't make excuses. We need to step it up and somebody needs to emerge as a leader through play on the ice and who can carry the team on their back . Vandevelde started to take on this role this past weekend, but things just didn't work out.

I know that we will have many Sioux fans in attendance for St. Cloud and the team better play with some life and an edge to their game. We need to get back that swagger, confidence and heart that Sioux teams have shown over the years. We need to check Marvin and the rest of the husky puppies hard and frequently to show that we mean business.

As always, go Sioux and us true fans are with our coach and team through thick and thin!!!

On a side note, does the announcer bother anybody else when he says old time Fighting Sioux hockey? I think this is too much of a stretch to bring back the history and just sounds a little odd. I also preferred the way that Hennen used to do the goal announce and now it sounds too much like nah, nah, nah, nah, boo, boo, stick your head in doo, doo for the Scooooorrrrring. I guess I just like remembering the way things used to be when we would beat the old red and yellow Denver team by about 8 goals and frequently hear Panzer from Panzer combo and everybody chiming in and saying the names with the announcer.

Oh well, Go Sioux!!!

Maybe we need to bring back the lucky green helmets and then a championship will come. We should have a throw back jersey day soon with the geometric logo. I don't think that has been done yet.

not sioux related, but it's an off week :lol: don't know if there are any leafs fans out there, but since they traded away 4 starting forwards to create a $20 million plus blueline and an expensive goalie duo, and the kessel contract (and burke is a genius i guess??)... they now have no money for any starting centers, a minor inconvenience i know :D and i know there will be offseason moves to accomidate this, but for the rest of this season, it looks like ex-collegians tyler bozak and christian hansen will get a chance to prove their medal with the big club. interesting to see how some guys finally get their opportunity, be interesting to see if either of them will make a case to stay there. don't suppose davidson will trade away four starting forwards before the deadline so porter will get a chance to shine :lol:

Good. All of those crappy titled threads are finally starting to move down towards the bottom of the first page.

Can't wait for St. Cloud! Is there some sort of gathering place before the Saturday game? I have seen talk of this in other threads, but nothing really for sure yet.

Marvin first and foremost. Roe is right behind him.

I am fine with positivity, but the blanket statements that True fans are behind our coach and players through thick and thin is a little too Polly Anna for me.

This is one of the most prestigious amateur hockey clubs in the world, not Saturday morning ice mites. I'm not here to bring a rain cloud on this thread, but criticism is warranted given the current situation.

I support the Fighting Sioux program year in and year out. I also believe that second place is the first loser. Athletics are by nature all about competition. The purpose of competition is to prove who the best is. Best players, best coaches, best teams. Again, this is very different than little kids or rec sports. This is the Fighting Sioux Hockey Program.