SiouxSports.com Forum

How Many Years Will Haks Be Sioux Coach Poll?

siouxcool

Correct me if I'm wrong but isn't this a very young Sioux Team with lots of freshman and sophomores? Also what impact do you think losing Genoway has had on the team?

By the way any discussion on "payback" at the St. Cloud series?

Correct me if I'm wrong but isn't this a very young Sioux Team with lots of freshman and sophomores? Also what impact do you think losing Genoway has had on the team?

By the way any discussion on "payback" at the St. Cloud series?

Payback? Dude we can barely muster a win at home how can we be worried about payback.

Who cares if we want to bring Blais or someone else in to the coaching job. Tell me other then 4 straight frozen four appearances and some extremely embarrassing losses or yeah and the McNaughton Cup what has hak done in six years. He has had some pretty good players come through and still we haven't gotten it done. Hakstol just doesn't get the team mentally prepared well enough. No more status quo. If I was Hak I would start looking at benching some of these players who aren't getting it done. I mean half of our guys look like they need to practice shooting on the net cause they sure can't hit the broadsde of a barn right now. This team sucks right now and it kills me to say that. I am no fly by night type of fan. I have loved the sioux ever since I was the sioux stick boy back in the day. This season has really ticked me off. Every week we hear oh this team is due and they should really get it going they are just having some bad luck. The funny thing is we keep saying that every weekend but nothing changes. Our leaders don't step up and our goalies aren't playing very well. Ok Eidsness has made some good saves but he has looked not very good on a number of occassions. Don't even get me started about Dell. All I can say is this season is more likely then not Lost.

Our epic failure at last year's Final Five and vs NH combined with this year's poor showing is not going to bode well with the alumni. Blaiser will not come back...Maybe for $400k per. He'll go to Minni before GF :sad:

Blais will never coach Minny. He has turned them down once before, that is how they got Lucia.

Blais will never coach Minny. He has turned them down once before, that is how they got Lucia.

I think because Minny rarely recruits anyone from outside of Minny that Blais knows you can't get it done by just recruiting players in Minny. I mean look it finally took them to recruit some Nodak players before they finally won some National Championships. Blais likes to recruit Canadians and other players from around the country. Minnesota is to stupid to recruit outside of minny.

Payback? Dude we can barely muster a win at home how can we be worried about payback.

Correct...we need to focus on getting wins, not sawing Marvin in half.

As for this thread, Hak is a good coach and will be here for a long time, which is fine by me.

My concern is last night was the first time all year, I saw only a handful of guys "show up". There were a lot of passangers out on the ice last night. This is a young team that is obviously frustrated by the recent string of games and outcomes, but last night was the first time I started to wonder if Hak and his staff might be losing a few guys mentally. I'm not going to throw any player under the bus, but it was obvious that some guys didn't come to play last night.

I call 4 straight Frozen Fours, a MacNaughton Cup, a Broadmoor Trophy, Coach of the Year, 142-77-23 record (from wikipedia, not the best site but was easy) a helluva coach. How many teams in this country would give anything for that? Winning a national championship isn't something you just wake up one day do. It would seem there are some newcomers that joined only to piss and moan about Hakstol, being Sunday morning coach is easy, I'd like to see those of you do any better. I've heard of so many former players of Hakstol saying how great of a coach he is. I'll take their word for it over some moron, who just discovered the internet and decided to shoot their mouth off about something, in which, they have no first hand experience. Have any of us played for him? My guess is no. Since I don't either, I'll stick to the numbers which satisfy me right now. Sure like anyone I want an NCAA title too, but I know how hard they are to win. This is one "less than stellar" season which isn't even over yet. Name 1 coach, any sport, with credentials like that who was fired after one season of mediocracy. I'm done posting in this useless, idiotic, waste of time thread.

In Hak I trust.