SiouxSports.com Forum

UMD @ UND

dakotadan

Duluth scores 1:59 into OT to win it. Another disappointing loss for the ladies. This program just can't get things turned around.

UMD 4

UND 3

FINAL in OT

Is anyone else worried about the lack of progress with this program - I thought we'd be much better this year. Are we going to get the Twins and have nothing to go with them next year? How long will this go on?

Is anyone else worried about the lack of progress with this program - I thought we'd be much better this year. Are we going to get the Twins and have nothing to go with them next year? How long will this go on?

Yes. The resources are there such that we should expect better.

I look at it this way, girls&womens hockey is still pretty young. There isn't alot of places where players can develop with good competition and players around them that contribute to that development. It's like when women's basketball first got started, there just wasn't alot of players out there. There were a few high end talent players, a few mid talent players, with a large pool of low end. I just look at women's hockey right now. Let's there are 30 top end players out there in the world today currently and Minnesota was able to get 6, Wisconsin 3, UMD 3, A couple teams out east get a few, pretty soon there are few high end players left and even if you do get a couple(UND w/ the Lamarouxs), there isn't alot there to compliment there skill on those teams. That's why a team like Minnesota (who may only have 5 to 6, high end players) can stay ahead of the pack. imho