SiouxSports.com Forum

What's Wrong with Fighting Sioux

GeauxSioux

Glen Beck flat out called our President a racist and said he has a "deep seeded hatred for white people." It doesn't get any dumber than that. Unless we're talking about Hannity...and...Limbaugh...and...Levin...and...Coulter....idiots all.

So you're saying you're a Liberal? :lol:

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I had to check, but it turns out this thread has the subject of "What's Wrong with Fighting Sioux".

It needs to stay ON that subject, and off of politics. I think there's a thread in the community section for politics if you want to have that discussion (or IS there???)

Anyway. Let's be done with politics in this thread and get back to it's regularly scheduled programming.

I'll try to start things back up:

"I don't see anything wrong with it."

I'll try to start things back up:

"I don't see anything wrong with it."

I'll help.

"I really hope that we can remain the UND Fighting Sioux. If that turns out to not be the case, may I suggest the UND Fighting Evening Grosbeaks...they are green, black and white and there's one out the window right now."

How about UND Fighting anything except Bison and Gopher.

Fighting Norwegians?

Fighting Mosquitos?

Fighting Flatlanders?

Fighting Flyovers?

Fighting Sugar Beets?

Fighting Frostbite?

Fighting Cutbacks?

Fighting Wheatfields?

Fighting "anything" is a dangerous thing to wish for. :lol:

As we're getting to the end game of the Fighting Sioux controversy, does anyone have any last-ditch, hail-Mary, efforts we can use to convince the Powers That Be that this name is worth keeping? I'm open to any suggestions... I don't live in North Dakota anymore, unfortunately, but my heart is still with the Sioux!

As we're getting to the end game of the Fighting Sioux controversy, does anyone have any last-ditch, hail-Mary, efforts we can use to convince the Powers That Be that this name is worth keeping? I'm open to any suggestions... I don't live in North Dakota anymore, unfortunately, but my heart is still with the Sioux!

If the tribes don't approve of the name there is nothing left to be done. Everything is up to Standing Rock right now. The only question is how much time they will have before the decision has to be made, with November 30th the absolute bedrock, drop-dead date. But a decision will be made before that date, we just don't know when.

If the tribes don't approve of the name there is nothing left to be done. Everything is up to Standing Rock right now. The only question is how much time they will have before the decision has to be made, with November 30th the absolute bedrock, drop-dead date. But a decision will be made before that date, we just don't know when.

The thing that scares me about this whole thing is that the SBoHE could tell UND retire the name as of now, and that lawsuit did its job it bought time but maybe not enough time. Come on SR give us some hope. :(