SiouxSports.com Forum

Sioux scheduling Bison

Matt

SIOUX SCHEDULING BISON  

37 members have voted

1. 1. Faison wants to play every year. Taylor doesn't. Who blinks first?

• Faison
    • Taylor

Talyor will have to and here are my thoughts on why:

1) Both will have to give a little bit. Niether will get exactly what they want.

2) Both have put together pretty good schedule's for the next couple of years. I have no doubt Faison can't put together a schedule for 2011 that looks just as nice as 2010(which I really like by the way.)

3) UND obviously has a tougher time filling thier schedule as they have more games to schedule since they are in a smaller conference. This also benifits them as NDSU seems to take the Montana route and try to schedule cupcakes for non-conference the last few years since the Missouri Valley is a very tough conference. Gotta get a few wins. UND definately is not a cupcake.

4) Taylor can no longer use his old excuses. The nickname will soon be resolved, plus the baseball game. The transition is almost over. People don't really care about ndsu's transition and UND not scheduling them, even though at the time it would have hurt playoff chances to do so. Now that time is up on these excuses he can no longer avoid UND. All the advantages, mainly marketing and head to head recruiting will be gone the second the game is scheduled. When UND wins, Taylor and Bohl (if he is still around) can kiss those goodbye and things will be similar to the end of DII days. Taylor knows this and thats why he's avoiding the game but even bison fans are getting restless for the game so his strong stance against UND and ndsu's motto of "anyone, anywhere" will be viewed as bull$%!# if he doesn't schedule it. People want the game and will start to see right through him and his excuses. They already easily could if the media pushed hard enough and he was ever asked the right questions. Every state has their major rivalry games and North Dakotans don't expect theirs to be any different. For this reason, Taylor blinks first but Faison gives a little to help him out.

This is even funnier than the other thread you have on us. Oh and this poll will really be scientific on a sue board. Yeah we all know NDSU and Taylor will blink first :D because you guys have all the advantages ;) Boy you guys are infatuated with NDSU. You guys have all been drinking the DaveK koolaid ;)

Talyor will have to and here are my thoughts on why:

1)will have to give a little bit. Niether will get exactly what they want.

2) Both have put together pretty good schedule's for the next couple of years. I have no doubt Faison can't put together a schedule for 2011 that looks just as nice as 2010(which I really like by the way.)

3) UND obviously has a tougher time filling thier schedule as they have more games to schedule since they are in a smaller conference. This also benifits them as NDSU seems to take the Montana route and try to schedule cupcakes for non-conference the last few years since the Missouri Valley is a very tough conference. Gotta get a few wins. UND definately is not a cupcake.

4) Taylor can no longer use his old excuses. The nickname will soon be resolved, plus the baseball game. The transition is almost over. People don't really care about ndsu's transition and UND not scheduling them, even though at the time it would have hurt playoff chances to do so. Now that time is up on these excuses he can no longer avoid UND. All the advantages, mainly marketing and head to head recruiting will be gone the second the game is scheduled. When UND wins, Taylor and Bohl (if he is still around) can kiss those goodbye and things will be similar to the end of DII days. Taylor knows this and thats why he's avoiding the game but even bison fans are getting restless for the game so his strong stance against UND and ndsu's motto of "anyone, anywhere" will be viewed as bull$%!# if he doesn't schedule it. People want the game and will start to see right through him and his excuses. They already easily could if the media pushed hard enough and he was ever asked the right questions. Every state has their major rivalry games and North Dakotans don't expect theirs to be any different. For this reason, Taylor blinks first but Faison gives a little to help him out.

What does Faison give Taylor? Play almost every year? 3 out of 4 years with an opt out if one of the big boys wants to play on that date?

This is even funnier than the other thread you have on us. Oh and this poll will really be scientific on a sue board. Yeah we all know NDSU and Taylor will blink first ;) because you guys have all the advantages ;)Boy you guys are infatuated with NDSU. You guys have all been drinking the DaveK koolaid :lol:

:lol: oh the irony.

Have you checked your own fanbase board? Places like Bisonville is littered with threads related to UND.

Thanks for giving me a chuckle though.

Besides get real. Everyone knows UND is infatuated with Minnesota. :D

What does Faison give Taylor? Play almost every year? 3 out of 4 years with an opt out if one of the big boys wants to play on that date?

Nope, game will be every year when its scheduled. As far as your question I don't know what Faison will have to give. Maybe just giving Taylor a little more time is enough. I just think Taylor has too big of an ego to just field the phone call and say "oh, thats what you want and when you want it. Ok, lets do it". If it was up to Faison, the game would have been scheduled yesterday. UND is definately ready to play and this would have been a perfect year to play the bison.

This is even funnier than the other thread you have on us. Oh and this poll will really be scientific on a sue board. Yeah we all know NDSU and Taylor will blink first :D because you guys have all the advantages ;) Boy you guys are infatuated with NDSU. You guys have all been drinking the DaveK koolaid ;)

Again, your a bison fan on a sioux board and you are calling us infatuated. Plus all you do is repeat yourself and your quotes and don't respond when someone calls you out on the !@#$ you write.

Nope, game will be every year when its scheduled. As far as your question I don't know what Faison will have to give. Maybe just giving Taylor a little more time is enough. I just think Taylor has too big of an ego to just field the phone call and say "oh, thats what you want and when you want it. Ok, lets do it". If it was up to Faison, the game would have been scheduled yesterday. UND is definately ready to play and this would have been a perfect year to play the bison.

I really don't see Taylor locking into an every other year road date in perpetuity. Faison blinks first, and it will be home-and-homes on an ad-hoc basis, as RD17 has suggested.

I really don't see Taylor locking into an every other year road date in perpetuity. Faison blinks first, and it will be home-and-homes on an ad-hoc basis, as RD17 has suggested.

I think the answer is neither: Taylor has to be job hunting now or he'll be stuck in Fargo forever with no upside. Taylor doesn't want to play UND and he'll likely have to leave town and NDSU for a UND-NDSU match to occur.

I think the answer is neither: Taylor has to be job hunting now or he'll be stuck in Fargo forever with no upside. Taylor doesn't want to play UND and he'll likely have to leave town and NDSU for a UND-NDSU match to occur.

You have come up with some pretty ludicrous notions or ideas but this one has to be at the top of the list. Taylor will have to leave Fargo for this game to be scheduled and being in Fargo has no upside? What happened to who will blink first?? Do you not read the newspapers?

You have come up with some pretty ludicrous notions or ideas but this one has to be at the top of the list. Taylor will have to leave Fargo for this game to be scheduled and being in Fargo has no upside?

Is it possible for you to even comprehend someone else's dreams aren't all wrapped up in Bison Green & Yellow? Talk about low social self-awareness.

Has it ever occurred to you that Taylor might actually have some ambition? Like being AD at an FBS school that actually has basketball facilities. He's got three major +'s on his reusume: reclassification to DI, an FCS upsetting a Big Ten school, and a ticket to the Dance. He's done all he can in Fargo, except for delivering a basketball arena (which is so far a failure). The longer he stays, the less shot he has at a more meaningful job. If he has any real future, he has to leave soon. More than seven years at a low DI school is a career killer. But then again, he doesn't seem to have the fundraising ability or the charisma that is needed at a higher level school.

you guys ever get the impression that you are very arrogant? what have you guys ever done? after being on this board i'm starting to favor NDSU ???

What was said that was arrogant? All you ever do on this board is critisize our fan base but still you call us arrogant. I like how you come on another teams board and call fans arrogant for talking about thier team. WTF?? Would it be better if we just talked about the badgers? I don't think it will be any better for you over on bisonville but.....................BYE.

i've got a heavy dose of this junk on both boards. why can't you guys just be like UW-GB and just be humble

If you think the comparison of UND versus NDSU is anything close to a comparison of UW-Madison versus UW-GB you have absolutely no comprehension of the situation. And if you don't like reading about it you might find it less of a problem if you just visit other websites. But you might not want to go some place like Any Given Saturday either, sometimes it bleeds over into their discussions.

you guys ever get the impression that you are very arrogant? what have you guys ever done? after being on this board i'm starting to favor NDSU :glare:

On the football field at Div 1 absolutely nothing. Lost to an NAIA team..almost lost to another one.

We did beat UNI!!!! That's something to hang our hats on.

What we need to do it support the team better, win some more games, and actually beat someone worth while.

Until that happens our football program will be average like this year at best.