SiouxSports.com Forum

Luke Beaverson

schmidtdoggydog

I would *guess* that Schneider and/or Jones would be likely candidates to leave after this season if their games both improve and the Sioux make some noise deep into March-April. My understanding is that Beaverson has been working hard on his skating and offensive skills to become more a well-rounded threat.

Yeah, it really sucks to have a few talented d-men ... :angry::D

The thing I'm wondering is who DOESN'T play next year? With names like

Schneider

Jones

Fuher

Greene

Smaby

Radke

Beaverson

not to mention Marvin and the two freshmen, who is going to sit? They're all top tier D-men.

I agree that Schneider and Jones would be key early departures, but what about Greene? Oilers camp saw him skate very very well, and since the Oilers could use dmen, there is a possibility that they will ask Greene to sign early. Also, if the refs are hard on him like they were for part of last season, that could factor in as well.

As far as I know, Rosehill is not coming to UND. It was a mistake by the reporters. Maybe he's looking at UND. WHo knows.

If it comes down to it, Marvin can play offense. In fact, if there are too many dmen next year, I'd expect Marvin to play primarily forward on the checking line.

Also, Look for Ribbie Bina to be a sacrifice if they don't leave. I hate to say that about the kid, but he's the logical player to dismiss or scratch.

The general consensus in the professional ranks is that there is going to be a strike next year. It will be a long, tough negotiation. It might take several months because of the radical overall the compensation framework needs.

Therefore, you may not see them leaving as in years past.

there you boys go again...ANOTHER Minnesotan on your roster! Pretty soon it will look like Wooger is helping you recruit! :angry:

Sounds like a big guy! Hopefully for your program he fulfills all the talk about him! Then we can have our forwards score on him! :D

WPoS

He is. Someone had to take over for Herb. :D:0

Hey PCM . . . . Now that is funny. Irreverent, yet respectful to Herbie's legacy. Very funny. Alot of thin skins over at the U of M wouldn't think so, mostly because they are still crying over Herbie pushing Zach in the direction of all of the Tradition.

Woog is a good guy. Saw him at the Sioux practice for the West Regional. The guy, like me, is not afraid to ask a stupid question.

there you boys go again...ANOTHER Minnesotan on your roster!  Pretty soon it will look like Wooger is helping you recruit! :D

Sounds like a big guy!  Hopefully for your program he fulfills all the talk about him!  Then we can have our forwards score on him! ;)

WPoS

Nah. It's Herbie :D

edit: Ah. PCM beat me to the punch. :)