SiouxSports.com Forum

Non Conference Team Poll

redwing77

Of these non conference teams, which of these would you like to see the most play at the Ralph?  

53 members have voted

1. 1. Of these non conference teams, which of these would you like to see the most play at the Ralph?

• 1. Michigan
    • 2. Ohio State
    • 3. UNH
    • 4. UNO
    • 5. Cornell
    • 6. UMass, UML, or any other DI UMass Campus
    • 7. BU
    • 8. Maine
    • 9. Ferris State
    • 10. Other

For me, it would be any of these, but I chose Maine. The reason for this is simple. Nostalgia. I remember watching the semi finals in 2000 where a freshman named Spiewak shot the puck past a goaltender with an all white mask. Don't know his name, but he was interviewed before the game saying that his mask was to make him appear one with the ice or most "ghostlike." It was hilarious because Kevin was just clearing the puck into the Maine zone coming off a penalty or just before a penalty expired against the Sioux. The shot was from the boards near the blue line.

:D

I vaguely recall that Michigan seldom plays NC games away from home due to the fact they are a "marquee" name, except for certain tourneys. That said, I'd love to see the Wolverines and UND schedule a 2-2 deal some day in the future.

Other teams ... any of the Ivies, BU, Michigan State, Notre Dame, UNO and/or Ohio State.

Michigan and BC followed closely by BU, Maine, Michigan State and New Hampshire. These are the perennial powers in NCAA hockey along with UND, Minnesota, Wisconsin (except the last 3 years) and CC. I would rather see any team from Hockey East or the CCHA over the ECHA, with the possible exception of Harvard. Occasionally, RPI, Clarkson and Cornell are good, but generally, the ECHA is like Division 1AA in football.

Oh, and yes, I'd like to kick Ferris' a** around the rink.

I think the last time Ferris showed up, we beat them pretty soundly and Jason Blake saw the error of his ways. :0:D

And quite frankly, I doubt too many people would put themselves out to see Ferris, unless they were coming off a Title season.

Sorry to post again right away, but i really can't believe Ferris State hasn't gotten a single vote yet... Don't you people hold grudges?

Who? Oh them. Besides the revenge factor, I don't think anyone cares to see those wankers again.

I chose Michigan State--we can't seem to lose against those guys--always seem to have their number.

I'd like to see Duluth play in a holiday tourney. They're off from Dec 15-Jan 2. I think the Ralph would be a great atmosphere and provide a nice tough mid-term for the Dogs. Maybe grab two (or three) teams from another conference and let the good times roll!!

I agree with everyone so far. Anyone please! Brown, Manitoba, whatever. We need it to be a tourney where there is a possibility anything could happen. Not a possibility that the opponent's defense will be able to keep the Sioux under a dozen goals.

Hell, with Manitoba, I could have looked good on the ice and I can't even ice skate! Heh. Maybe I should just grow my hair long and go join Canisius.