SiouxSports.com Forum

UND v Texas Tech

SiouxMD

Texas Tech loses Batch to arm injury - 12AUG2009

Texas Tech coach Mike Leach does not release information about either the nature or severity of players' injuries.

His loss would be significant because the eligibility of Shannon Woods, the team's second-leading rusher from last season, expired after last season. Woods and Batch shared the Red Raiders' featured back role during their 11-2 season in 2008.

If Batch isn't ready to go for the Red Raiders' Sept. 5 opener against North Dakota, he likely would be replaced by either sophomore Aaron Crawford or redshirt freshman Harrison Jeffers.

Crawford rushed for 26 yards and a touchdown last season, but has been hampered by a shoulder injury he sustained in spring practice.

The rumor mill at www.raiderpower.com indicates an "arm dislocation". Until the exact nature of his injury is known it is difficult to speculate on recovery time. I doubt that UND will see him in the opener. I'm guessing that TTU figures they can win this game without him and would rather give him an extra week to recover even if he was ready to go.

GO SIOUX

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sources: Batch out 3-6 weeks - ESPN

Texas Tech Red RaidersTexas Tech Red starting running back Baron Batch is expected to miss three to six weeks after sustaining an arm injury in practice, two people familiar with the injury said Thursday.

Batch most likely will miss one month, one source said, which would put his target date for a possible return Sept. 19 in Week 3 against Texas.

Hopefully, a speedy recovery for Mr. Batch. I see that we lost a starter today as well...for the season.

Cripes.

Sources: Batch out 3-6 weeks - ESPN

Hopefully, a speedy recovery for Mr. Batch. I see that we lost a starter today as well...for the season.

Cripes.

Not that it makes Wayne's injury any less unfortunate, but he wasn't projected as a starter this year. He did start last year at the nose, but was moved to end in spring ball, where he was projected as a backup to Nick Nolte.

all I want to see from this game is early on where Landry hits Bamba on a deep pattern that goes for a 60 yard TD with Ish blowing by the Tech secondary and for a brief, shining second...the TT radio and tv guys go..."WHOA! What was that? Who are these ND guys?"...a little momentary nervousness! (sweet!) Sure we'll get roasted probably 70-7 but if we made a mark - it would be SO SWEET!! Hopefully Coach Muss has that in the gameplan...what do we have to lose by putting all our cards on the table early? (plus we're walking away with a huge check so this is really a win/win situation for us!)

I know this doesn't belong here but if anyone else hangs out at sbnation, texas tech has a blog there that i've read a couple times and anyone who frequents westerncollegehockey that is there new site. I'd like UND to have a blog at sbnation but I don't know of an all und bored other then this that would be good enough to join sb just a tidbit i wanted to say.

Batch is good to go for the game. He's an outstanding person who overcame multiple surgeries on a badly injured ankle to play again. A class guy all the way.

oh boy! ;) well UND will probably know what UMC felt those few years we beat them like a rented mule in the late '90's. :D Thanks for coming on and being a class act RaiderMan! I'm sure our guys will have a great time down in Lubbock - it's an experience most of our older players could never have imagined when they first signed on at UND...and will never forget regardless of the outcome. Thanks!

T. Tech's opening game last year was against Eastern Washington. Tech beat Eastern 49-24 and in that game Eastern gained 364 yards.

Eastern and UND had a common opponent last year in Idaho State. The Sioux won in Idaho and Eastern beat Idaho State 45-31 with the game

tied at halftime 21-21. I believe that game was in Washington. I'd like to think UND's program is as good as Eastern'n. As you all know the ?

for UND is do we have any firepower on offense and has the defense improved. Should be fun let's roll.

T. Tech's opening game last year was against Eastern Washington. Tech beat Eastern 49-24 and in that game Eastern gained 364 yards.

Eastern and UND had a common opponent last year in Idaho State. The Sioux won in Idaho and Eastern beat Idaho State 45-31 with the game

tied at halftime 21-21. I believe that game was in Washington. I'd like to think UND's program is as good as Eastern'n. As you all know the ?

for UND is do we have any firepower on offense and has the defense improved. Should be fun let's roll.

That's the spirit!

ROLL THE RAIDERS

I'm going to be in Vegas on Saturday and was hoping to place a bet on UND to cover the spread.

I can't seem to find the odds anywhere and am a little worried that it won't be on the board.

Anyone know what the odds may be or seen anything about the odds yet?

I'm going to be in Vegas on Saturday and was hoping to place a bet on UND to cover the spread.

I can't seem to find the odds anywhere and am a little worried that it won't be on the board.

Anyone know what the odds may be or seen anything about the odds yet?

I don't think that the UND/Tech game will be listed due to the wide spread. I doesn't look like the SU/ISU game will be listed either - I thought that would be.

Tech also had 639 yards offense and Eastern ran for 23 yards in 22 carries. There is going to be a big mismatch of talent on the line of scrimmage.

If North Dakota gets a couple of turnovers, a few big plays on offense and special teams it will be a relatively competitive for a while.

If Tech gets a couple turnovers or big plays early it will get ugly quickly on the scoreboard.

Tech is breaking in a new QB and Leach will want to give him plenty of snaps with Texas game in two weeks. It won't be to run up the score, just giving him as much game experience as possible.

UND +46 at Texas Tech

NDSU +10.5 at Iowa State

Some offshore books have them but they will be hard to find in Vegas.

Two things I tell my girls every morning before school...1) respect your elders and 2) when in doubt take the home underdog! :D

Both these games will be blow-outs...UND just taking a bigger beating!

Two things I tell my girls every morning before school...1) respect your elders and 2) when in doubt take the home underdog! :D

Both these games will be blow-outs...UND just taking a bigger beating!

Tech would probably be favored by about 24-28 over Iowa State right now.

Hope North Dakota beats the spread, but in case you are tempted to bet the house and take the points

Other Tech scores against 1-AA division teams

2006 SE Louisiana 62-0

2007 NW Louisiana 75-7

2008 Massachusetts 56-14