SiouxSports.com Forum

Midco adding ESPNU

RedFrog

Just got a card in the mail today stating that Midco will be adding ESPNU to the preferred cable lineup starting August 1st!

Now I'll be able to watch ALL of the Regional games through my cable instead of having to find alternative methods of watch them through the internet.

Just watch, they'll lease the rights out to the regional sports stations (such as FSN) so they can air them and ESPNU will be a moot point.

Just got a card in the mail today stating that Midco will be adding ESPNU to the preferred cable lineup starting August 1st!

Now I'll be able to watch ALL of the Regional games through my cable instead of having to find alternative methods of watch them through the internet.

Just watch, they'll lease the rights out to the regional sports stations (such as FSN) so they can air them and ESPNU will be a moot point.

This would be very good news and a good christmas present in July. Yeeeaaahhhhh.

Edit: I had to call Midco for something else and it is confirmed. Yessssssss.

I bet you thought I was going to take that bait, didn't you? :glare:

Sorry to disappoint you, but I won't let you lure me into yet another pissing match over this topic. You love HD, I don't. Get over it.

Looks like you took the bait, DK. All of us like HD, you do not, you need to get over it.

Unfortunately, when ESPN does the sport we love and puts it on ESPNU, they've yet to use an HD epuiment for the telecast, so even having ESPNU HD, I"ve yet to see an HD telecast on the station, and I'm force to watch in the rather crappy SD. Beats not having it at all, but not by much.

BTW, DK, I can tell immediately that my HD station is broadcasting in SD, it's so obvious.

Sorry to disappoint you, but I won't let you lure me into yet another pissing match over this topic. You love HD, I don't. Get over it.

If you think that someone is baiting you it is best to not reply at all. That prevents the drawn out arguments that get repetitive and can often turn personal.

You did by making a comment, couldn't leave well enough alone could you.

Looks like you took the bait, DK. All of us like HD, you do not, you need to get over it.

Unfortunately, when ESPN does the sport we love and puts it on ESPNU, they've yet to use an HD epuiment for the telecast, so even having ESPNU HD, I"ve yet to see an HD telecast on the station, and I'm force to watch in the rather crappy SD. Beats not having it at all, but not by much.

BTW, DK, I can tell immediately that my HD station is broadcasting in SD, it's so obvious.

I would bet it's going to be in HD as well...

last year ESPNU did have HD games because I saw them

They had the West regional and the East regional in HD.....I have the UMD games on DVD and the source was HD

Northeast & Midwest were SD Only

East Regional @ Bridgeport, CT

Friday 3/27

(4) Air Force vs. (1) Michigan- 3:00 PM (ESPNU-HD)

(3) Vermont vs. (2) Yale- 6:30 PM (ESPNU-HD)

Saturday 3/28

Regional Final- 6:30 PM (ESPNU-HD)

West Regional @ Minneapolis, MN

Friday 3/27

(4) Miami (Ohio) vs. (1) Denver- 5:30 PM (ESPN2-HD)

(3) Princeton vs. (2) Minnesota-Duluth - 9:00 PM (ESPNU-HD)

Saturday 3/28

Regional Final- 9:00 PM (ESPNU-HD)

• Upvote 1

It was just a joke, I thought you would have caught that... :ohmy: You are one funny character :ohmy:

last year ESPNU did have HD games because I saw them

They had the West regional and the East regional in HD.....I have the UMD games on DVD and the source was HD

Northeast & Midwest were SD Only

Correct, I'd forgotten that a couple regions had HD equipment. Unfortunately the frozen four did not, although I could be forgetting (especially since the Sioux were missing.

If I had taken the bait I would have been ranting and raving, stating yet again exactly how passionately I feel about the subject. I merely made a short but directly to the point statement to let it be known that I understand a certain reaction was desired, and that I made a choice not to give that reaction. Having already made it perfectly clear my feelings on the topic, I don't feel the need to go down that road again. Therefore, I think it is pointless to even bring it up. That was my point, which could not have been made by saying nothing.

A more mature approach would be to make a post about anything else without even mentioning the subject. That way you acknowledge the fact that you have read the thread (and the post in question) and not deemed it worthy of even responding in any way at all.

Most excellent. I knew there was a reason I hadn't cancelled my "extra" channels. :glare:

I must have missed this somewhere but how could you not like HD-you get a much clearer picture than non HD tv? HD is the only way to go.

I must have missed this somewhere but how could you not like HD-you get a much clearer picture than non HD tv? HD is the only way to go.

Please don't get him started again. Dave doesn't see a difference between SD and HD. He believes that it's a scam. He says that SD on his television looks as good as any HD he has seen. This turns into a debate that lasts for pages as others try to convince him that HD is better. Just let him believe whatever he wants to believe.

Please don't get him started again. Dave doesn't see a difference between SD and HD. He believes that it's a scam. He says that SD on his television looks as good as any HD he has seen. This turns into a debate that lasts for pages as others try to convince him that HD is better. Just let him believe whatever he wants to believe.

got ya. I'll just leave it at he probably needs to get his eyes checked then.

I hate HD. Not the actual product itself, but the way it has been overhyped and force-fed to the public. I'm happy with digital satellite reception in SD, and for the record there are audiophiles out there who still prefer the sound of vinyl albums to CDs. Give me a break and don't persecute me for my preference.

Put a ring around him and charge admission! :glare:

Good god, this is the kind of BS I was referring to. Mock and ridicule somebody just because they have different likes and dislikes than you have... sheesh, didn't they teach us not to behave this way back in like 1st grade? You must have skipped that day. :glare:

The guy is a genius when it comes to comedy!

:ohmy::ohmy::lol:

I repeat:

If you think that someone is baiting you it is best to not reply at all. That prevents the drawn out arguments that get repetitive and can often turn personal.

And:

A more mature approach would be to make a post about anything else without even mentioning the subject. That way you acknowledge the fact that you have read the thread (and the post in question) and not deemed it worthy of even responding in any way at all.

Comprender? (Understand?)

It's my opinion, I'm entitled to it, and I don't feel that I should have to defend it.

If you don't feel you have to defend it, why do you, EVERY TIME! I've said it before and I will say it again, whether or not you truly believe everything you so stoutly defend isn't even the point, you post them to get reactions and start arguments. And, of course, it usually ends with you claiming how all of us are childish and are making personal attacks and should just let you have you opinion you are entitled to... but you are just defending yourself and/or having a mature, adult debate on a topic (be it the 25th time). To those who are on the opposing side of DaveK's argument here (which I will make an educated guess that it is about 99.9% of us), just leave it be. He wants to antagonize and be antagonized. We get it, he doesn't like HD, whatever turns his crank.

GO SIOUX!

To those who are on the opposing side of DaveK's argument here (which I will make an educated guess that it is about 99.9% of us),

GO SIOUX!

I think it's higher than that, on all subjects he chooses to argue :glare:

Dude, seriously... why the condescending attitude? Just because I'm not sold on one particular product, is that really a valid reason to treat me like crap? :ohmy:

You don't see me going around belittling all of the old-school music lovers who prefer the sound of vinyl to CDs. I'm better than that. I respect each individual's right to their own opinion. Apparently you don't, or at least it seems that way.

I am, honest-to-God, laughing every time you write something in this thread. Please, do not stop.

:glare::ohmy: