SiouxSports.com Forum

Fireworks in Fargo

redwing77

Hi!

Would anyone know which place is the cheapest place to buy bottle rockets?

So far, TNT weighs in with the most expensive of the least expensive bottle rockets at $3.33 a gross and Starr comes in at $2.10 a gross.

Anyone know if any of the others beat that?

Hi!

Would anyone know which place is the cheapest place to buy bottle rockets?

So far, TNT weighs in with the most expensive of the least expensive bottle rockets at $3.33 a gross and Starr comes in at $2.10 a gross.

Anyone know if any of the others beat that?

If you want the best quality head to Memory Fireworks. They are the former owners of TNT. Go in and tell them that you found it for $2.10 (or whatever is the cheapest) and they will match it. Worked for me!

Neighborhood kids is one of the reasons why they are being banned.

The other reason is they are too stupid to know how to use them safely.

I've shot off fireworks since I was 8 years old. Until I was 16, I did so under adult supervision. I was taught that everything that goes up, must come down and that everything that comes down must be picked up and thrown away.

If I couldn't find it, or it went into a neighbor's yard (our neighbors in our backyard have it all fenced in so I couldn't get into some of the adjacent yards, I'd have to wait until July 5th and then go to each person's home and ask if I could go into their yard to pick up any fireworks I didn't pick up the night before.

It's amazing what kind of tolerance that built amongst our neighbors. When we accidentally set off something a little to big for our setting, the neighbors didn't complain. We apologized for the noise anyways though.

The point is: Fireworks are fun, but responsibility comes with them. Too many people can't handle the responsibility, so everyone gets punished.

For the past 5 years, my friend and I have put on a sort of show for our family and friends in Grandin, ND on the 4th. We do it right. We usually start during the day slowly and finish after sundown. NO ONE goes home until all of the spent fireworks are loaded into the bed of my friend's pickup truck to be sent to the burn pile or dump depending upon the make up of the trash.

It's call responsibility.

Now I'm going to have to spend a lot more than I want to this week because of people's lack of responsibility. That doesn't make me happy.

Goon- I like Memory Fireworks. They're good people. Starr Fireworks' either owner or store manager is a nice guy too, despite they're having the second most expensive set up in town (TNT is just outrageous).

So we can put you in the column as not a fan of Bottle Rockets? :)

That would be the column; these kids also started a grass fire in a hay field next to their backyard. It hadn't been hayed yet, and the fire department had to put it out.

Meh. We used to have "bottle rocket wars" when I was a kid. Those plastic tipped rockets could left a pretty decent welt or bruise ...

/good times

Old hockey glove with small pvc pipe duct taped to the back or the fingers. One rocket at a time or the five at a time shotgun effect. :)

And we're wondering why ND would ban bottle rockets?

Minnesota already has. So has Nebraska.

I don't know if Iowa or Montana have.

Without knowing that for sure, SD will be the only state next year where you can buy bottle rockets.

I doubt you'd be allowed to bring fireworks into the US from Canada, but again, I don't know the rules on that.

Whoa whoa whoa. When did this come about?

They were banned in the last legislature and this is supposed to be the last year you can buy them.

Bottle rocket lovers may no longer be able to buy them in North Dakota during the Fourth of July holiday.

The North Dakota Senate voted on Wednesday to ban fireworks stands from selling bottle rockets. The vote was 35-11 in favor, and there was no debate.

Senators approved a similar ban two years ago, but it was defeated in the North Dakota House.

Eye doctors have pushed for the ban. They say bottle rockets can cause devastating eye injuries. Grand Forks Sen. JoNell Bakke says most states don't allow them to be sold.

The North Dakota legislation says fireworks stands cannot sell or give away bottle rockets. The bill does not make it illegal to have bottle rockets or shoot them off.

The bill is SB2366.

That would be the column; these kids also started a grass fire in a hay field next to their backyard. It hadn't been hayed yet, and the fire department had to put it out.

Yeah I might not be a fan as well if that happened to me.

So what you're going to see is SD fireworks revenues skyrocket.

Whatever is the first exit in SD on I29 will have a fireworks stand now. They'll probably be called "Bottle Rocket Emporium" and charge an arm and a leg to ND residents and get it.

At least that's what I'd do.