SiouxSports.com Forum

2009 NHL Draft

USA Hockey

I figured we could start a draft thread, there are only three sioux players that are ranked this year, here are their profiles on NHL.com,

Danny Mattson

http://www.nhl.com/ice/draftprospectdetail...;sort=finalRank

Corban Knight

Mike Cichy

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

nice, yeah will be interesting where they go. also couldnt rodwell be a suprise late rounder?? i think ive read that a few places.

ill guess cichy,mattson and knight all go late 2nd to 4th round and then rodwell a 5-7 guy if drafted. all it takes is 1 team to like a specific player so i think its a crap shoot on these 3 and where they go late 2nd to 4th.

nice, yeah will be interesting where they go. also couldnt rodwell be a suprise late rounder?? i think ive read that a few places.

ill guess cichy,mattson and knight all go late 2nd to 4th round and then rodwell a 5-7 guy if drafted. all it takes is 1 team to like a specific player so i think its a crap shoot on these 3 and where they go late 2nd to 4th.

Rodwell, Rowney, Fink, and Dell are all eligible but not rated so any of those guys have a chance at going.

Rodwell, Rowney, Fink, and Dell are all eligible but not rated so any of those guys have a chance at going.

Not understanding the Draft thing very well, the 4 mentioned players are they elgible next season if they are not drafted this season?

Following the NHL Draft and player's status' isn't one thing I do, but I would have to imagine it will help Rodwell's chances seeing as he's coming here.

I'm not sure on the draft rules either, I just heard that those four are also eligible through a source.

yeah depends on their age. usually it seems players arent drafted after being passed up their 1st draft year but cichy will be the exception to that after getting passed last year which i still dont get but oh well. ide say rodwell and maybe rowney get draft out of the 4 not ranked. maybe

Here's my thoughts:

Knight: Late 2nd/early-mid 3rd at latest

Mattson: 3rd Round

Cichy: mid to late 4th round -- This might be high. I've seen him ranked as a 5th or 6th rounder but his performance this year in the playoffs and internationally...

Rodwell: 7th round... may not be drafted at all.

I don't see any others drafted.

Then again, I'm way off for sure. I didn't see Bruneteau getting drafted either.

yeah depends on their age. usually it seems players arent drafted after being passed up their 1st draft year but cichy will be the exception to that after getting passed last year which i still dont get but oh well. ide say rodwell and maybe rowney get draft out of the 4 not ranked. maybe

Cool thanks guys. :)

Not understanding the Draft thing very well, the 4 mentioned players are they elgible next season if they are not drafted this season?

Next year's cutoff date is January 1, 1990, so Fink and Rodwell would be eligible and Rowney and Dell wouldn't.

Another article on Knight,

http://www.hockeysfuture.com/articles/1130..._corban_knight/

Also, if anyone wants to try and help me find them, I'm looking for the NHL Central Scouting videos of the players which have been posted the last few years. I'm not talking about the nhl.com prospect profile interviews but the ones where they have footage of random shifts during a game so you can get a feel of the players skating ability and hockey sense. I haven't seen them posted anywhere, but if anyone has a link to them that would be great.

You know, I don't care where the UND players are drafted provided none of them are drafted by Calgary or the Islanders.

I really don't care where they come from, all I care is they want to be here and want to win.

I really don't care where they come from, all I care is they want to be here and want to win.

he meant where the kids get drafted to. not where they are from as calgary seems to not be high on the college scene and garths situation plucking okposo out of minny mid year

he meant where the kids get drafted to. not where they are from as calgary seems to not be high on the college scene and garths situation plucking okposo out of minny mid year

Now that I think about it I don't care where they get drafted to because I know that the coaches will prepare them for the next level and when they are ready to move on they will make the right decision. You have to wonder if Garth would do that if they were a UND hockey player? I dunno? It's the off season

nothing else going on.

Now that I think about it I don't care where they get drafted to because I know that the coaches will prepare them for the next level and when they are ready to move on they will make the right decision. You have to wonder if Garth would do that if they were a UND hockey player? I dunno? It's the off season

nothing else going on.

AZSioux is right.

And I don't care if they bolt early either but both situations I refer to are unique.

Why?

Because Garth Snow (with Okposo) and Calgary (with Chucko) tried to convince their respective players to BOLT DURING THE SEASON. Remember, Chucko was contacted during Christmas break.

Seriously.... I don't give a damn if they stay for 2 years, 3 years, or whatever. I just don't want them going to a team that harbors no respect for where their drafted players develop.

Someone brought up this question on Brad's Blog and I was wondering about it as well. Does anyone think that Aaron Dell could possbly get drafted? Is he draft eligible? I know that goalies aren't drafted all that often, but is there even a chance?

He's eligible but not ranked.