SiouxSports.com Forum

State Board

siouxper_tex

Don't sit here and say you love it when you know you don't. If you did you wouldn't be on here gloating. If you love someone or something it stings when you lose it. I have more respect for someone who comes on here and says they hate the name then the little hit and runs people like you do. It's pathetic.

• Replies 282
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Don't sit here and say you love it when you know you don't. If you did you wouldn't be on here gloating. If you love someone or something it stings when you lose it. I have more respect for someone who comes on here and says they hate the name then the little hit and runs people like you do. It's pathetic.

You don't know me, but my closet is filled with Sioux apperal and I've been at every hockey game the last 4 years. Nothing will change but the name and logo, the games will still be just as fun. How am I gloating? How is this a hit and run? I'm just stating what we all know, its pretty much gone. Sorry for being down to earth. Just because I like the nickname, but realize that it probably won't be around much longer you attack me personally? I think we've all lost more important things in our lives than a monkier.

Listen, all I'm saying is that if the few who wan the the nickname gone want it gone, well farewell. I've always liked the nickname and supported it, but now its out of our hands. Things are the way they are, I said in an earlier post, its not the name that carries the tradition its the people who come through the university and the people who support our academics and athletics. Are you saying you won't support the university as much just because we're not the Sioux anymore? Just because we're not the Sioux anymore doesn't mean our football team isn't as good or our basketball still won't continue their success. It's just a name, I think a lot of people have lost sight of that, if they want the name gone let them have it. Since we're not the Sioux anymore should they still get their tuition help, in my opinion.... NO. It goes both ways. With all that being said there is still a small chance that it will be kept, but that's not likely.

See this is the kind of BS that put me on the side of getting rid of the name/logo. Native don't get free tuition or help with tuition anymore than a southeast asian, black or any other minority. Look at the stats, only a small portion of the cultural diversity waivers go to NA's.

See this is the kind of BS that put me on the side of getting rid of the name/logo. Native don't get free tuition or help with tuition anymore than a southeast asian, black or any other minority. Look at the stats, only a small portion of the cultural diversity waivers go to NA's.

How many even attend UND? I don't see many around campus

I have always believed the settlement was a sham.

http://forum.siouxsports.com/index.php?s=&...st&p=323587

http://forum.siouxsports.com/index.php?s=&...st&p=350388

http://forum.siouxsports.com/index.php?s=&...st&p=350419

They are now holding out the Summit as the reason to act quickly. Look, the Summit already knows that the nickname issue will be resolved based on the surrender agreement with the NC$$. If they really want UND then UND will be in the Summit regardless of rushing or waiting till 2010. It wouldn't suprise me if there was a plan between the Summit and UND to use the issue of conference membership to get the nickname retired. The urgency now is that one tribe voted and overwhelmingly supported the Sioux nickname. The other tribe is working on getting a vote and the results would in all likelyhood be the same.

My take has always been that UND admins want to get rid of the name. They are just looking for some cover on the issue so they don't take the blame. The first was to blame the tribes (by way of the surrender agreement requiring both tribes to approve). Now that there is a slight chance that this could occur (thru referendums and new elections this fall) they are in a panic and have decided that we have to get into the Summit and if we don't act quickly we may never get in.

Great leadership on this from UND. :silly:

As I have said before, give it the entire three years. If, at the end of three years, we still don't have an agreement then begin retiring the name. We don't need to have the name retired prior to that. At worse we will be banned from hosting or using the nickname in the post-season for the next year while the nickname is retired. There would not be one sport affected by this since we are still going thru the D1 transition.

Well the SBE would be in essence wasting that money that was raised to fight the NCAA in court. I wonder how those donors feel today? It appears that some of us were right when we said that money was waisted when the Ag's office reached the settlement with the NCAA.

I believe the major donor has died, so I doubt he feels anything either way.

What did I say? No matter the vote was on the SLT the name/logo was still going to be changed. It's a good day to be Native!! Hoka hey!!! OK, let me have it!

On the plus side, ...

We never have to listen to the "wind" from this one, BRIDGES, et al, ever again.

Better?

Now Leigh Jeanotte has no leverage.

Leigh wanted equal.

Hope he likes it. :silly:

On the plus side, ...

We never have to listen to the "wind" from this one, BRIDGES, et al, ever again.

Better?

Now Leigh Jeanotte has no leverage.

Leigh wanted equal.

Hope he likes it. :silly:

What are those people going to do with all their free time now?

I'm sure they will find another "battle" to fight for someone. :D

I'm sure they will find another "battle" to fight for someone. :silly:

Hey, I've asked this which windmill he was going to tilt at next.

It was a warning of what to expect.

I really tried to help.

Not. My. Fault.

I'm sure they will find another "battle" to fight for someone. :silly:

Like I said in another post Look out Bison they are coming after you next.

I think the PC doorknobs will wait a little bit and then try to get the faculty or student senate to make a statement that sioux jerseys on campus are no different than a swatiska. It will be a "hate crime". I know it sounds ridiculous, but I honestly think it will happen.

As far as the Bison goes, I would not be shocked at all. It's why that line in the sand is so important. If you give an inch to these people, they will take three.

Liberals and that's what Robert Kelly and many of the professors, the board, and some on here who want the name changed and they will probably get it. Then it's on to the next cause. They aren't happy unless they complaining and destroying. It's sick. The good ol' days in Berkely (where Kelly attended for awhile). I will never respect these clowns.

Like I said in another post Look out Bison they are coming after you next.

I hope that's a joke. If not, that's incredibly foolish to even think that. It's an animal, no direct association with any tribes or anything. The Sioux/Bison names are completely different. If you're going to talk symbolism, then there's always going to be someone offended. The line is drawn between direct correlation (Sioux) and symbolism/representation (Bison)

No, if someone goes after NDSU I won't be one of them.

Isn't this the same guy who complained that he was apparently treated differently at a Target in Grand Forks? Why even listen to this tool, who cares. Clearly unable to be reasoned with, don't try.

October 1 is well into the football season. Would the name be dropped mid-semester? I wouldn't think so. It is going to have to go this summer--in order to market the athletic teams. Right?

Also, how long do I have to buy a Sioux jersey before they are dust?

I hope that's a joke. If not, that's incredibly foolish to even think that. It's an animal, no direct association with any tribes or anything. The Sioux/Bison names are completely different. If you're going to talk symbolism, then there's always going to be someone offended. The line is drawn between direct correlation (Sioux) and symbolism/representation (Bison)

Wrong! Gong! The Buffalo or Bison are considered a sacred animal by the Native Americans of the Dakotas.

October 1 is well into the football season. Would the name be dropped mid-semester? I wouldn't think so. It is going to have to go this summer--in order to market the athletic teams. Right?

Also, how long do I have to buy a Sioux jersey before they are dust?

Get them while you can.

So the Hockey Jerseys are gonna be changed by next year? :silly: This whole thing pisses me off!!!!! It had to happen when im in college! The only apperal i have has the logo on it. The other nickname better be good!! We probably wont even get a say in it and the Frat boys will come up with something stupid like the green Pandas or something. Stupid NCAA!!!

So the Hockey Jerseys are gonna be changed by next year? :silly: This whole thing pisses me off!!!!! It had to happen when im in college! The only apperal i have has the logo on it. The other nickname better be good!! We probably wont even get a say in it and the Frat boys will come up with something stupid like the green Pandas or something. Stupid NCAA!!!

They can't ban you from wearing the logo. Fraternity members are active on campus, so if you are not, then yes they may have more of a say than you. Personally, I liked 'Force of the North.' Stupid Fargo!!!

I think there will be a fan poll on the site and the Herald (which if you like the Sioux name, I urge you to never buy that paper again for their role in this thing). The name will have already been decided but they'll let us play along and vote between

A. An animal name

B. A weather related name.

C. A totally idiotic name that they know we won't like (like North Dakota Sand Devils or North Dakota Moonwalkers)

D. Force of the North or one of the more commonly heard "rumor names".

I used to live in a city that saw a WNBA team and an Arena team come in. Same crap, the newspapers ran their little poll with the weather name, animal name, etc etc. One time they screwed up and the Arena name had leaked before the poll. It'll be a sham, but it'll be UND's way to make us happy again.

Also, watch for a gift or something from Ron Thunder. Some kind of peace offering so he can "rise above." It's all from the liberal playbook.