SiouxSports.com Forum

McFeely Resigns

GeauxSioux

McFeely resigns post from The Forum, plans to take new job

Longtime Forum sportswriter, columnist and WDAY radio personality Mike McFeely resigned today to take a position with KFGO AM radio as an afternoon talk show host.

McFeely’s resignation was announced by Editor Matt Von Pinnon in an e-mail to Forum newsroom staff.

“Mike has been a great employee for us and this was a very difficult decision for him. Please wish him well,” Von Pinnon wrote.

KFGO announced in a press release that “The Mike McFeely Show” will debut on 790 AM on May 26.

Love him or hate him, he did stir the pot.

Good luck, Mike. :D

Oh goody he is taking Ed Schultzes old spot on AM 790. More reason I listen to XM Radio.

Yeah, but Ed Schultz is now Nationwide.

Well, now it's even keeled. Rush Limbaugh spewing filth for the Republicans and Ed Schultz countering it with crap of his own coast to coast.

Yeah, but Ed Schultz is now Nationwide.

Well, now it's even keeled. Rush Limbaugh spewing filth for the Republicans and Ed Schultz countering it with crap of his own coast to coast.

People Actually listen to Rush Limbaugh, Ed Schultz is probably one of the biggest and the most sucessfull of the unsecussful left leaning

talk radio. I still think Schultz is a blow hard cry baby. I guess his new show on MSNBC is barely even registering in the ratings.

People Actually listen to Rush Limbaugh, Ed Schultz is probably one of the biggest and the most sucessfull of the unsecussful left leaning

talk radio. I still think Schultz is a blow hard cry baby. I guess his new show on MSNBC is barely even registering in the ratings.

Nielsen Ratings?

Fox News > CNN + MSNBC

Yeah, and I'm thankful for that.

I feel both sides should be heard, but the approach each side seems to take is that of almost to full blown extremism in their selected bias. Limbaugh has been good at times and downright extreme at others. Schultz... well... I only listened to one of his shows before and he's quite an idiot, political views or otherwise.

Anyways....

I think Fox's success has nothing to do with their bias. I think it has to do with the way they started up. They were continuously beating every other news agency to the story, even CNN. From there, they got their viewership because we live in a "NOW" generation. Murdoch injects a republican bias into their stories and CNN, still trying to recover from being sluggish and selective, overreacts and goes left.

CNN could have recovered if they just did what they've always done, just tried to employ more of Fox's tactics in terms of story retrieval.

Now, it's bias at every turn of the dial. I honestly don't watch much, if any, 24 hour news programming.

I rely mostly on newspapers, internet, and the local news.

They barely register against Fox.

We all know that the media is 90% to the left, I don't think FOX wants that to change anytime soon...FOX rating numbers are through the roof right now. I can't believe other media outlets don't change their ways.

I think it is funny and a little bit ironic that the guy who replaced the idiot Ed Schulz is coming from the Forum. Ed was very persistant on blasting the Forum towards the end of his time on KFGO. McFeely is just another weenie to fill the slot on KFGO. He is the same guy that totally ripped on the UND hockey program for not suspending players for longer amounts of time after the Judy's and elevator incidents. This move gives me more reason not to support KFGO!!!

I think it is funny and a little bit ironic that the guy who replaced the idiot Ed Schulz is coming from the Forum. Ed was very persistant on blasting the Forum towards the end of his time on KFGO. McFeely is just another weenie to fill the slot on KFGO. He is the same guy that totally ripped on the UND hockey program for not suspending players for longer amounts of time after the Judy's and elevator incidents. This move gives me more reason not to support KFGO!!!

Since I got an XM radio about 4 years ago the only time I listen to local radio is if there is Sioux hockey on.

That is it.

• 1 month later...
Since I got an XM radio about 4 years ago the only time I listen to local radio is if there is Sioux hockey on.

That is it.

Same here. I got XM about 2 1/2 years ago and had to drive my wife's car a while ago without XM, I didn't even know what to listen to anymore. Like you, the only time my truck goes to FM is when Sioux hockey or football is on and I cannot be there.

Same here. I got XM about 2 1/2 years ago and had to drive my wife's car a while ago without XM, I didn't even know what to listen to anymore. Like you, the only time my truck goes to FM is when Sioux hockey or football is on and I cannot be there.

I too LOVE my XM radio. Bought a second one 2 Christmas' ago so that both cars now have it. The Sirius merger and deal they gave to XM listeners was awesome. All 4 major sports now available anytime plus all the college stuff. Wish I had it in my home.

I too LOVE my XM radio. Bought a second one 2 Christmas' ago so that both cars now have it. The Sirius merger and deal they gave to XM listeners was awesome. All 4 major sports now available anytime plus all the college stuff. Wish I had it in my home.

I was wondering if there were going to be anymore changes, to the XM dial?

I was wondering if there were going to be anymore changes, to the XM dial?

I've been on board for about two and a half years and have been happy for the most part. They did sneak a $2 per radio price increase in, as well as wanting $3 more a month for online access, which I told them to forget it. And now we have DJ's that won't shut up since the merger. To get the NFL games is another $4/month for "Best of Sirius". With all that said, I'd never go back to commercial radio, especially in the vehicles.

I've been on board for about two and a half years and have been happy for the most part. They did sneak a $2 per radio price increase in, as well as wanting $3 more a month for online access, which I told them to forget it. And now we have DJ's that won't shut up since the merger. To get the NFL games is another $4/month for "Best of Sirius". With all that said, I'd never go back to commercial radio, especially in the vehicles.

Yeah on the extra three dollars a month I decided to decline it. They don't have the talk channels I listen to on line.

I am not paying money to listen to Howard Stern either. But you're right I like XM radio it's way better than Commerical.

I updated my account in March and they threw in the online stuff at no charge. For a guy who works 45 hours/week in an office, that is a nice perk. I thought the $4/month charge for "Best of Sirius" was worth it for the amount of driving I do chasing kids around the state and going to and from work.