SiouxSports.com Forum

Chay says he's staying

choyt3

Uhmm ...

... let me think about that ...

... uhmm ...

... NO!

uhmmm....yes....to a point. I agree with HG...Chay hurts us when he rushes in to far and gets caught at or behind the net leaving Finley hanging out to dry. But the other side is that when he pushes the puck he creates so many opportunites. I don't think he should move to forward but I think he needs to try and minimize his rushes or give him a partner that can move fast like a Marto. Joe was to slow to react with all the 2-1's or 3-2's he faced.

Thank you Chay, for staying.

Yep, Chay may make some mistakes sometimes, but I don't care that much. He's the most dynamic player on the ice most games. Incredible skater and just so much fun to watch. I love watching him play. Cringe sometimes? Sure, but love watching him.

Don't know if someone addressed this somewhere, but VanDevelde said he is 50/50. I obviously would like VanDevelde to stay and work on the one thing that would make him dominant -- consistency. Should he start his senior year the way he has finished each and every year he has played, and remain as dominant as he has been the second half, he would no doubt have a great chance to become an All-American and have a chance to win the Hobey. What a bargaining chip that would be, especially since he would have the opportunity to become a free agent. Whatever he decides, I will say thank you because not every player will play hurt like he did.