SiouxSports.com Forum

Sweater Changes

redwing77

How do you think the WCHA (or powers that be) should handle the home/away jersey situation?  

51 members have voted

1. 1. How do you think the WCHA (or powers that be) should handle the home/away jersey situation?

• 1. Black-Home/White - Away
    • 2. Green- Home/ White - Away
    • 3. Black or Green - Home/White -Away
    • 4. Black or Green - Home/ Black or White - Away
    • 5. They should stay the way they are currently
    • 6. Don't know/ Don't care

I'd like a sweater change, but not from light at home and dark on the road. I'd like the boys to go to a more 'old school' style. Have the road sweaters a non-shiny green with a bigger new Sioux logo and no 'Sioux' lettering on the front. Horizontal not diagonal stripes. An interlocking 'UND' on one shoulder and a 'S' or maybe an outline of the state with crossed tomahawks or maybe one tomahawk and one arrow crossing. Laced collars. Home would be the same except on white. Uni's like that would be like spotting the Sioux two goals each game. :D

I don't really care if they change or not, there are much more important issues the WCHA should be dealing with. If they do change things around (darks at home, whites away) maybe they should wear green on Friday and black on Saturday at home and the whites away.

Better yet there are three different colors and three periods! :D

I would love to see the tomahawks back but I sense they are gone in an effort to be sensitive to the name change crowd.

I'll tell you what sweater I'd like to see.

Take the sweater from the 1987 team. Past on the new logo where the old one was.

Very minimalist. The longer I have thought of it the more I like it. I also like the classic stripe on the bottom vs. the diagonal slashes.

I agree with getting rid of the shiny ones. I don't know what kind of material it is, but my high school JV team had pretty good fabric that was comfortable made by CCM.

I'd also like to see the UND logo with the flame in the D on the shoulder instead of that ND. I also think that they should put white or black in the bottom of the green sweaters, instead of green like the other two.

Just my opinion....

I'd like to see more of the black uniforms--black's an intimidating color, imo. Dunno, maybe we could ask Christopher Lowell of the Discovery channel to assist us as he seems to have good fashion sense. :D

What about the idea of putting symbols on players' helmets to reward them for good games or plays? Like some of the

college football teams do. Florida State puts little tomahawks on helmets to reward their guys. I think it would look cool & it might give players an extra incentive to try a little harder. After all, no one would want to be the guy with a blank helmet :huh:

I would love to see the tomahawks back but I sense they are gone in an effort to be sensitive to the name change crowd.

To heck with the name change crowd, they'll whine anyway, short of total capitulation on the issue. Make 'em the sharpest sweaters period. Aim to please those that pay the bills and vote by putting their butts in seats.

All I know is that since adopting the black helmets and breezers at home, the Sioux have had a couple of their most dissappinting seasons in a long time, especially the year before last. It is high time they go back to the green helmets and breezers and white jerseys of 3 years ago with the new logo taking over for the old. We all know the success they had with that ensemble.

DG

I think It should be like in the NFL- The home team decides what color jersey they want to wear and then the visiting team has to wear a contrasting color. Keeps things interesting and changed up.

It all good.

He's baaaack. Missed ya bud.

Might be interesting. I like the green ones the best though.

BTW...congrats on your CFIA ride!!, let the job hunting begin (just don't forget me when you're flying right seat for your pop :D )

What about the idea of putting symbols on players' helmets to reward them for good games or plays? Like some of the

college football teams do. Florida State puts little tomahawks on helmets to reward their guys. I think it would look cool & it might give players an extra incentive to try a little harder. After all, no one would want to be the guy with a blank helmet :D

ERF! Can you say HIGH SCHOOL? It is bad enuf that college FB has that crap going on. By college it should be noted that it is a TEAM sport and all those stupid stickers are dumb (look at me, I made a good play, look at me!). Besides a few players would end up with so many that their mellon protector would end up looking like a grade school girls notebook! Not a good way to build team raport IMO.

WPoS