SiouxSports.com Forum

SIOUX vs UMD BULLDOGS

AZSIOUX

AMEN to that! I was already pissed leaving the arena tonight after the game and walking back toward Tom Reid's and headed to the car some asshole Gopher fan sees my Sioux jersey and says "go back to the prairie" in a really sarcastic manner right to my face. Boy that threw me over the edge. I got right in his face and said listen here asshole, I am not from the prairie, I am from Minneapolis. I just left it there and flipped him the bird and walked away...what a jerk. Man was I pissed. Gopher hockey fans are the biggest pricks in sports. Never ever had a problem with Dogz fans at all. My blood is finally below the boiling point...

We have four Sioux fans sitting close to us and they were being A-Holes all night. They were swearing and taunting opposing fans constantly. ALL fan bases (including Minnesota's) have great fans and bad fans. This is a great tournament but the reality is is that it brings out the best of fans and the worst of fans.

• Replies 318
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

My cousin and I watched the game last night via the Rug and Doug. Just for fun, because we all know how much they love the Sioux, we decided to count 1) digs against UND, 2) positive mentions for UND, 3) digs again UMD and 4) positive mentions for UMD, during the broadcast last night.

4) positive mentions for UMD = 24 (not counting Stalock = 8)

3) negative mentions against UMD = 5

2) positives mentions for UND = 5 (all via Woog)

1) drum roll . . . negative mentions against UND = 19

:silly:

Keep track of today's game too please! I think the digs will be much closer this time around.

Maybe if UND comes out to play they'll have some more positives. Just like us fans sitting on our hands, there wasn't a whole lot of good things coming out of the "X" for the backers in green.

i agree, very well could be as a 2 seed but i guess you never know with the ncaa. would be sweet if so as the sioux fans would pack that mofo especially if the gophers dont make it there will be tons of ebay/craigslist and tickets on the street

It's already started. for the fun of it I saw several West Region tickets on ebay already.

We have four Sioux fans sitting close to us and they were being A-Holes all night. They were swearing and taunting opposing fans constantly. ALL fan bases (including Minnesota's) have great fans and bad fans. This is a great tournament but the reality is is that it brings out the best of fans and the worst of fans.

I witnessed some Sioux fans being totally disrespectful as well. I hate it when I see that and that it was started by our fans. The usher came down and threaten to boot them out if their swearing continued. We were in a section with a lot of Sioux fans and there is no need to belittle anyone from another team because they are fans of that program. I have had tickets when I was surrounded by other teams fans it really isn't very entertaining to be hassled during the whole game.

On another note Staalock played well, we had many chances and didn't finish it on many shifts. Let's get one today, get this loss behind us and roll into the REgional. 5 more wins for the season is what I want.

As mentioned above, EVERY fanbase it's share of a holes. I've seen some pretty bad behavior by some of us Sioux Fans. I just look at it as 2 teams, states, players etc that really hate each other. Both sides have so much passion for their teams, that oil and water NEVER mix. I am surrounded by Gopher Fans. The couple next to me are respectful and we have great conversations. I cheered for UMD on Thursday, and they cheered for UMD on Friday. No hard feelings. But others around us yelled %^% the Gophers on Thursday, and others yelled %^% the Sioux on Friday.

I was surrounded by Gopher fans chanting "racist Sioux" and saying things like "why couldn't you find an animal name." Also had guys mocking Bina's injury. Unbelievable. These people know nothing of the game of hockey they just go to get drunk and be asses. Don't know what Eidsness was thinking on that first goal, but I guarantee he turns it up today. We need a big win to gain some momentum!

well i guess we didn't really win the most games in the WCHA. They were "overrated" wins...

We"ll the McNaughton cup does looks like a cheap piece of tin at the moment..?

The Sioux will hopefully bounce back this afternoon and play a much more consistent effort and go into the tourney on a positive note. I just hope Hak didn't let the boys go out and celebrate like he did after the 1st winconsin win...as we saw how they played the second game of that series.....so here's another chance at redemption

Is this my first post this season? Hmm. It's been awhile.

I want to know if the guy/gal with the test decided to study or to go to the game! I am sitting in the Augsburg library after finishing 1 test and awaiting 1 more today and 1 tomorrow, and there was no question in my mind between game and studying. Hope you made it down.

Thanks to the sioux fans who helped take away the home ice advantage on thursday night (which Gopher fans assisted with last night), and I hope UMD can count on your support tonight? There is history to be made. Remember, our fans haven't had a lot to cheer about in the past 4 years. Making the NCAAs and the FF championship game is old hat to you guys, but it's still pretty special to us. Help some long-suffering fans out and cheer for the Dogs to bring the Broadmoor back to the Midwest!

There is history to be made. Remember, our fans haven't had a lot to cheer about in the past 4 years. Making the NCAAs and the FF championship game is old hat to you guys, but it's still pretty special to us. Help some long-suffering fans out and cheer for the Dogs to bring the Broadmoor back to the Midwest!

I can handle that but it will be a tall order for UMD. I hate DU

Is this my first post this season? Hmm. It's been awhile.

I want to know if the guy/gal with the test decided to study or to go to the game! I am sitting in the Augsburg library after finishing 1 test and awaiting 1 more today and 1 tomorrow, and there was no question in my mind between game and studying. Hope you made it down.

Thanks to the sioux fans who helped take away the home ice advantage on thursday night (which Gopher fans assisted with last night), and I hope UMD can count on your support tonight? There is history to be made. Remember, our fans haven't had a lot to cheer about in the past 4 years. Making the NCAAs and the FF championship game is old hat to you guys, but it's still pretty special to us. Help some long-suffering fans out and cheer for the Dogs to bring the Broadmoor back to the Midwest!

Donna, was that you on DanceMania the other night? Yeehaw!

I'm cheering for Duluth tonite. Probably my second favorite WCHA team.

after the jersey popping crap afther the ENG I'll be rooting for denver.

screw gwoz and DU, i dont care that the umd player did that. it was one of the biggest wins in yumd history solidifying their ncaa birth. huge win for sandy and those guys. puck the pioneers :lol:

He's a 4th round draft pick of San Jose in the 2005 draft.

What will be interesting is to see if Stalock comes back for his senior year.

i highly doubt it. hes on top of his game right now and san jose could put him in the AHL right away

He's a 4th round draft pick of San Jose in the 2005 draft.

What will be interesting is to see if Stalock comes back for his senior year.

I think it's too early to tell. If he has a stellar performance tonight, he may have to do some serious decision making when it's all done. He may have to have some great performances next weekend to as well though. Right now, I'd predict he's back for his senior year.

I think it's too early to tell. If he has a stellar performance tonight, he may have to do some serious decision making when it's all done. He may have to have some great performances next weekend to as well though. Right now, I'd predict he's back for his senior year.

i think he has shown he is ready. he won the goaltender award for the wcha and has shown in the final 5 that he deserved it. all depends on san jose and who they already have in their ahl system