SIOUX vs UMD BULLDOGS

AZSIOUX

• Replies 318
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Worst two periods of hockey to watch.

Playing a high school type of hockey in a college playoff game.

Very frustrating to watch. Just no intensity....they're giving up on almost every rush to the net...and are just plain lazy in the defensive zone.

Just no positives in these periods....

9 minutes of PP time that period and couldn't find the twine once? Not looking good for the Sioux. Not the type of hockey you want to be playing in March. Stalock all in the head of these guys. Only down by 2, so if we find the net in the first half of the 3rd, we're still in it. If Duluth scores one more, we'll be playing a matinee game tomorrow.

haven't really noticed duluth 5 x 5 but we aren't doing much better.

I find it odd that we don't have one blue line shot during a PP. Gotta score ugly on Staloch.

Isn't that Sandy's style of hockey? Defense first, especially with a 2 or more goal lead? They take their chances when they get them, but they'll protect their own end first.

EDIT: I agree with having to shoot from the blue line, or whereever in the offensive zone. They don't have to be pretty goals. 4 shots on a 5 minute PP is not good!

haven't really noticed duluth 5 x 5 but we aren't doing much better.

I find it odd that we don't have one blue line shot during a PP. Gotta score ugly on Staloch.

In this PP funk the past few weeks that has been the norm. Lots of trying for the perfect "cute" pass. Just shoot the damn puck!

I'm trying to put this game in perspective...it's a college game and, as such, is sloppy and full of mis-steps. Consider that through two periods UND has at least 8 giveaways and Duluth has at least seven. Who can watch that???

So we have the weaker team jumping out to a lead on a couple of very untimely and lucky goals and then just plays the trap for the rest of the game...boring...the style UMD is playing is making the sioux look ineffective because they are...it is well known that if you want to beat the sioux, just play the trap...nobody but genoway can carry the puck thru the neutral zone...