SiouxSports.com Forum

Less use of Sioux name / logo

jimdahl

Allow a contrarian point of view for a second (even though I don't believe it myself):

Uniforms without a Sioux logo/moniker on them are acceptable at NCAA tournament venues.

That's certainly a valid point: but I think the signed agreement takes precedence over all of that.

I will also point out that this could be the beginning of the "no nickname" era.

Death of the sioux nickname? Sure looks like it. I think the jersey's look junky and boring. With the Sioux logo its worn with pride.

Do you really think that the guys on the football team won't wear their jersey with pride just because the logo isn't on there?? I seriously doubt that. I'm not sure what I think of the change yet. Guess I'll have to see them on the field celebrating a win over Texas Tech before I can truly weigh in on it!

Do you really think that the guys on the football team won't wear their jersey with pride just because the logo isn't on there?? I seriously doubt that. I'm not sure what I think of the change yet. Guess I'll have to see them on the field celebrating a win over Texas Tech before I can truly weigh in on it!

Perhaps that means that the poster personally wears a
Sioux
jersey with pride but can't muster up that same feeling for a jersey that just says
North Dakota

I can understand his feelings. I think that nicknames evolved for a reason.

I like clean/classy uni's.

Examples of ugly football uni's:

NE Patriots

Seattle Seahawks

Examples of nice uni's are:

Penn State

Indy Colts

Bears/Packers/(Old) Vikings

It seems SI agrees with you. College Football's Best UniformsThe classic looking uniforms are considered to be the best.

I hope the piping or striping isn't on the uniforms. It looks too much like spiderman.

• 4 weeks later...