SiouxSports.com Forum

WCHA Final Five Brunch

MafiaMan

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey if you're picking people up in St Paul, can I ride too? I can walk over to where Goon is staying or he can walk over to where I am. I don't want to drive alone.

I can clean up my Suzuki XL-7 and seat 5 comfortably, so, yes, if you want a ride, let me know. YaneA will be the first pick-up, so she'll probably call 'shotgun,' though.

Just an FYI to rider-requests...I'll be going from the Hoggsbreath straight to the 2:00 pm UMD/Denver 3rd place game on Saturday. I park about 1.5 blocks from the X.

I posted my cell number on an earlier thread so I may as well do it now. Unlimited texting too, and that's a good way to get ahold of me. 612-386-8207.

1. MafiaMan

2. Siouxman

3. Mrs. Siouxman

4. YaneA

5. Siouxmama

6. Bob in Wisconsin

7. Sioux-cia

I have some friends who will probably come out (not SiouxSports.com members, but they're the guys I go to the Final Five with every year) so that'd around 10 people. There was a pretty good crowd last year, I want to say 15-20?

Unfortunately I probably won't know for sure until Sat morning. We are staying in downtown Minneapolis Friday night, and I know I will have to take the light rail at least once to the MOA, hopefully Friday afternoon. Is there any shuttle/bus service from the MOA to DT St. Paul?

Unfortunately I probably won't know for sure until Sat morning. We are staying in downtown Minneapolis Friday night, and I know I will have to take the light rail at least once to the MOA, hopefully Friday afternoon. Is there any shuttle/bus service from the MOA to DT St. Paul?

Bob, we are at the Homewood Suites by Hilton - Mall of America on Killebrew Drive. There is a bus of some sort that goes from there to the X about every 30 minutes. Last bus is at 10:30 pm. I am going to call the hotel tomorrow to confirm the schedule and pick up places.

I'll post it here, in case there are any other MOA people.

Metro Transit route 54 goes from the MOA to downtown StP

http://metrotransit.org/

Oh, yes, thank you, Mafia Man, for setting up the brunch. A good time was had by all and it was a great chance to meet like-minded Sioux fans to talk hockey and life. Those of you who missed it, well, you should know we talked about you behind your backs. Not really.

Thanks also for texting me the brackets for the Shiverin' 16 so the 42 of us riding west on Al's bus would have the selection show info. Now that we're in it, let's win it! Go, Sioux!!

I said it before, the Gophers' only chance to get to D.C. is beating Al Franken in a recount. Didn't realize how prophetic my little joke would be.

I wish I could have been there but I had to move a piano. What a fiasco (sp). Barely made it to the game on time. Next year that will learn me to not pay attention to the caller id when my phone rings.

Handcuffs. Hum... :lol:

Thanks to everyone who came out to the Hoggsbreath for brunch. It was nice to see repeat-fans again and nice to meet Ice Arena Man and our guest siouxsports.com "lurker" who came out as well. I hope you all enjoyed the meal and conversation and come back next year.

Tom was disappointed that he confused Sioux hockey with Bison basketball and thought we were going home on Saturday. He PROMISES to have something up on the marquee outside of the restaurant next year.

Thanks for arranging the brunch and get together. It is always fun to meet other Sioux fans and talk Sioux sports with people who have a common interest. Lets hope we can make it to DC and have another get together. Thanks for helping to get a good parking spot on Saturday.

Thanks for arranging the brunch and get together. It is always fun to meet other Sioux fans and talk Sioux sports with people who have a common interest. Lets hope we can make it to DC and have another get together. Thanks for helping to get a good parking spot on Saturday.

No problem, Ice Arena Man. Glad I could save you a few bucks. :D