SiouxSports.com Forum

Sioux on TV next week against UW?

undchris

So does this mean Sensor's can get the game? I thought someone on this board might know more about the satellite feed Sensor's has or I guess I could pick up the phone and call Friday.....

Yes, if Sensors does not get the coordinates from the REA, take these to them, and they can get the FSSN.

So does this mean Sensor's can get the game? I thought someone on this board might know more about the satellite feed Sensor's has or I guess I could pick up the phone and call Friday.....

Yes Sensor's should have the game if it is on a satellite feed. I will check with Cheesemover to verify.

Here it is, from Jamie at the REA:

Echostar 9 - 121 w

Ku Band - Downlink Frequency: 11840.1250 V

L Band - Downlink Frequency: 1090.1250 V

Symbol Rate 4.88

FEC 3/4

Hope you're all motorized :lol:

If you scan prior to power up, you'll find quite of few scrambled dishnetwork channels on this satellite.

I should have taken PSP's advice and purchased the motorized system. Looks like I will be listening on the radio or watching on the web if there is a webcast. I'm not crawling out on the roof to try and point just for this weekends games then have to try and get it back again.

I should have taken PSP's advice and purchased the motorized system. Looks like I will be listening on the radio or watching on the web if there is a webcast. I'm not crawling out on the roof to try and point just for this weekends games then have to try and get it back again.
Why not? If you're in Dallas, there's not ice and snow up there to worry about, is there? Where's your sense of adventure? :lol:

Why not? If you're in Dallas, there's not ice and snow up there to worry about, is there? Where's your sense of adventure? :lol:

If he falls off the roof, he hits bare ground. We'd just land in a deep layer of soft snow. On the other hand, pointing a dish with warm hands sure beats pointing during winter in ND.

It's never too late to add a motor; mine was initially installed fixed.

If he falls off the roof, he hits bare ground. We'd just land in a deep layer of soft snow. On the other hand, pointing a dish with warm hands sure beats pointing during winter in ND.

It's never too late to add a motor; mine was initially installed fixed.

It was a miracle I even got it pointed in the first place!

Sat Name Sat Lng Az(t) Az(m) El Skew

----------------------------------------------------------------

EchoStar 9 /galaxy 23 121.0W 217.1 216.5 31.3 25.3

Galaxy 17 91.0W 177.3 176.7 38.3 -1.9

www.VisionPlus.US

So from behind the dish you need to move 20

• Upvote 1

Here it is, from Jamie at the REA:

Echostar 9 - 121 w

Ku Band - Downlink Frequency: 11840.1250 V

L Band - Downlink Frequency: 1090.1250 V

Symbol Rate 4.88

FEC 3/4

Hope you're all motorized :lol:

If you scan prior to power up, you'll find quite of few scrambled dishnetwork channels on this satellite.

Is there anything else there? I think I found it but when I search I just come up with about 160 channels listed as no name.

Is there anything else there? I think I found it but when I search I just come up with about 160 channels listed as no name.

I didn't get near that many, you may be picking up scrambled SD channels from next door 119w, which sends all of dishneworks sd channels to the central US.

Check out this transponder and channel: 12014 V 20002

It's a dishnetwork pointing channel on 121W, you'll see a dishnetwork picture that reads, "Congrats, you've pointed your superdish system at 121W long.". That's the sat you want.

I have the fixed dish and live in the Minneaoplis suburbs....can anyone tell me which way (and how much) I need to move that bad boy to get the new signal?

I like this site: http://www.dishpointer.com. Enter your address, select the satellite you want to point to and hit the "Go" button. It brings up a satellite view of your neighborhood with the site-line to the selected satellite. Zoom-in and then drag the little satellite glyph to the location of the dish on your house.

This will give you a pretty-good idea of where to point. I use references to the neighbor's house, landscaping, trees, etc. to know approximately how to position the dish once outside. Then it's a matter of hunting and fine-tuning.

Good luck.

Can someone verify game times so I can set VCR before leaving for Madison? Herald says 7:07 both nights; USCHO schedule page say 7:05 Friday, 8:05 Saturday. But then again, on UND's page in the USCHO website, it says Tom Buning is still AD.

I didn't get near that many, you may be picking up scrambled SD channels from next door 119w, which sends all of dishneworks sd channels to the central US.

Check out this transponder and channel: 12014 V 20002

It's a dishnetwork pointing channel on 121W, you'll see a dishnetwork picture that reads, "Congrats, you've pointed your superdish system at 121W long.". That's the sat you want.

Thanks. Yeah yesterday right after I posted that I saw that transponder info when it brought me back. I'll see if I can find that today.

So will we be able to enjoy viewing the games at Joe Sensors in the Twin Cities this weekend???

This is Cheesmovers response:

"We are preparing to show the games this weekend at all four Joe Senser's locations (Roseville, Bloomington, Eagan and Plymouth.

We will attempt to tune the game in on satellite and if we are successful we will show it. No guarantee until right before the game when the university starts the broadcast.

We appreciate all the Sioux fans coming in to Joe Senser's to watch Sioux sports. "

Seeing as Sensors has been able to get all these types of satellite feeds in the past, the odds are very high they will have it.