SiouxSports.com Forum

Other Game Score Updates (Feb 27/28/Mar 1)

brianvf

UMD is the only WCHA team I haven't seen this year. Anyone have an opinion on them?

Solid passing, good goaltending, decent speed.

A couple defensive breakdowns led to UMN breakaways or excellent chances, but they are a solid team. Stalock made 3-4 saves that kept it a 1-1 game.

I'm not sure what they were doing for awhile, but at the beginning of the period they were pretty aggressive offensively, and then toward the end of the period they had 4 skaters back at times.

• Replies 234
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Solid passing, good goaltending, decent speed.

A couple defensive breakdowns led to UMN breakaways or excellent chances, but they are a solid team. Stalock made 3-4 saves that kept it a 1-1 game.

I'm not sure what they were doing for awhile, but at the beginning of the period they were pretty aggressive offensively, and then toward the end of the period they had 4 skaters back at times.

Remember them being a pretty physical team last season, but were definitely defensive-minded.

I know we're "supposed" to be cheering for UMN due to PWR implications, but can we really cheer for the Gophers??

:D

You can cheer for the roof to cave in. That's what I do.

VT beat Maine.

Newton College beat PC.

NU beat Lowell.

And UNH beat Merrihack 4 - 3

BU damn well better have tied that game . . . angry Matt Gilroy is not fun to be around, seriously, he'll choke a *****.

WOW!

The CCHA has again pulled a WCHA official screw up. An AR (I think) blew the whistle on a Too many men on the ice penalty... only to discover Miami had pulled their goaltender.

Seriously... I thought there were 4 on the ice? Are none of the aware?

BTW - I'd love it if they knew how to properly set the zoom. Or are they purposely trying to give the viewer the feeling of being in the nosebleed section if the game were held in Cleveland's NFL stadium (forget what it is called)

WOW!

The CCHA has again pulled a WCHA official screw up. An AR (I think) blew the whistle on a Too many men on the ice penalty... only to discover Miami had pulled their goaltender.

Seriously... I thought there were 4 on the ice? Are none of the aware?

That happened in HE this season too . . . in a BU - UNH game in October or November.

All the officials suck. :D