SiouxSports.com Forum

ICH rankings for freshman

Siouxhockey03

Does anybody think Ziggy or Jordan will be on this list. Where is josh playing this year?

I doubt either of them come with the credentials to make that list.

That doesn't mean they can't be great goalies. Just don't think they come with the junior hockey pedigree that others do...

Stafford may just be the most pleasant surprise this year. I think most Sioux fans expect Murray to do well & put up decent #s but will be willing to cut Stafford a little more slack as he's not quite as highly touted.

He should shine, though. It's not too often you can get a player who's both big & strong and has a deft scoring touch. Heard he's quick, as well, but don't know if he has breakaway-speed ability for frequent oddman rushes.

I'm no expert nor am I familiar with all of the names on that list. But most of them I have at least seen some info on over the past year or so and seems to me they are mostly of an offensive nature.

Therefore, I wonder if the defensemen's defenseman just didn't make that list.

That would be normal. Isn't INCH out of MN?

It was created by a former defensemen from Michigan State who was skating with the Thrashers. The two individuals that run it now both worked in the athletic department at Michigan State.

It does seem to have a Minnesota slant at times, but don't most college hockey websites?

As for Smaby, he was the 41st pick overall (second round - TB) in the most recent draft so I was also surprised not to see his name listed.

It was created by a former defensemen from Michigan State who was skating with the Thrashers. The two individuals that run it now both worked in the athletic department at Michigan State.

It does seem to have a Minnesota slant at times, but don't most college hockey websites?

As for Smaby, he was the 41st pick overall (second round - TB) in the most recent draft so I was also surprised not to see his name listed.

I am not sure that I would give this site a lot of credence. Its more of a editorial type web page, I mean look at their rankings from last season there were a joke.

I like INCH; they spare no one when taking shots. I appreciate another college hockey site that is more than just rival fans spitting at each other. Check out their "cocktail napkin" list throughout the year, as it's often very funny.

Pretty high ranking for the Sioux from a source not many here seem to care for.

"2. North Dakota

The best incoming forward and two more Shattuck grads highlight another great class headed to Grand Forks. Impact players: Brady Murray, Matt Smaby, Drew Stafford"

Ranked ahead of Gophers, DU and UW. High praise for kids yet to step on the ice in the Green and White.

I'm excited to see what these additions can do for a club that was very, very close to making something happen last season.

4 weeks, 1 day, 8 hours, 55 minutes to go.....