tboneund

69 members have voted

1. 1. Who would you start?

• Jake Brandt
    • Jordan Parise
    • Nate Ziegelmann
    • Marc Ranfranz
    • Other

As much as I don't want to say it, I think it is going to be Brandt. Blais goes with streaks. Brandt's streak is pretty good going back to last season despite the losses. So, I think, unless this criminal thing says otherwise, Brandt's opening day starter.

Another poll to consider is: Which Sioux goaltender will end up playing in the most games? Or Which Sioux goaltender has the best chance of being named #1 regardless of class in school?

One other question. What's with the "other"? Are we suiting up Matt Greene with pads to play on the off chance or are you actually saying this in case Siembida or Sofie should return?

I'd *guess* that the job is Brandt's to lose at this point, which may be a moot point if Blais benches him for an extended period for his "sticky fingers" episode. Ziggy seems to have a cocksure attitude that reminds me of Karl G by basically walking on, especially where goaltending hasn't been a strong point on this team for a while. I don't know much about JParise, except he had pretty solid numbers in the USHL. Whoever gets the starting spot on a reliable basis is going to have to earn it and want it. Moreover, I hope Blais doesn't start playing "musical goalies" right off the bat. Otherwise, we might be stuck with a bunch of minders with little confidence and less experience.

That said, the rest of the team has to work hard in front of these guys and not sit on their asses leaving the goalie facing a 2-3 man rush or otherwise stuck on a limb. :huh::glare:

Same old topic :glare: what new for 03-04, nothing DB will be playing musical goalies from day 1. Jake(1),Jordan(2) , Ziggy and Ranfranz will battle for dressing home games. I willing to bet most of the vote for Ziggy are from GF. Jake is give us the best chance to win and thats not saying much. We are in big trouble in net. Before christmas you will all be asking for DB to call up Lammy.

I think DB jump the gun on his goalie problem, only time will tell.

WPoS-

Maybe I'm just bored or maybe just curious, but I like your point about the MN players and the out of staters on the UM roster. Now, question is: How much goal scoring and defensive might does UM have if you take those out of staters out of the lineup? Still 3 peat material? Oh, I know the Gophers would be competitive. They usually always are. Just curious where the flame would be burning if you didn't have the ND boys and the Austrian Sensation to guide the puck.

I am amazed at the lack of confidence in Dean Blais' coaching ability. The season hasn't even started and people are already saying he will play musical goalies. Jake seems to be the best choice if he can continue the good work that we saw during the post-season last year.

If there's more than one good goalie this year, and I think there will be, would anyone be opposed to goalies splitting time ala the Minnesota Wild?

What would be wrong with that?

WPoS-

Just curious where the flame would be burning if you didn't have the ND boys and the Austrian Sensation to guide the puck.

I think the absence of Vanek, G. Potulny, Harrington PLUS recruits R. Potulny & D. Irmen (don't know if I forgot any but there's a Hobey candidate & a couple ROY possibilities in there) would definitely effect their chance of 3 repeating. Of course this is a "what if" scenario & MN would just replace those players with others of similar, but probably not equal, caliber.

I think the absence of Vanek, G. Potulny, Harrington PLUS recruits R. Potulny & D. Irmen (don't know if I forgot any but there's a Hobey candidate & a couple ROY possibilities in there) would definitely effect their chance of 3 repeating. Of course this is a "what if" scenario & MN would just replace those players with others of similar, but probably not equal, caliber.

SFIP, you took the words out of my mouth.

I'm just giving you guys a little grief.

In all honesty I really don't know where we would be. I LOVED having all MN players under Wooger, but I also realize that it is darn near, if not impossible to have ALL the talent stay in-state and win the big game with all MN boys. It is nice to know that MN boys play a large part of almost every school's hockey program, and that the Gophers will always prolly have a mojority of MN players to root for. Beyond that there are always "what if's".

WPoS