SiouxSports.com Forum

SIOUX @ SCSU HUSKIES

AZSIOUX

I honestly don't think Kangas is the problem in Arrogantland right now, it's that their defensemen don't know how to play defense. The Mavs had all kinds of room to operate tonight; their goals were too easy for this level of hockey. The Don had better figure out somthing or it could get ugly in Gooferville.

hes not the main problem but he is a problem, just look at the numbers and ive watched the games to see. their D is the main problem as you know. tissue soft and not producing much either way. very easy goals tonight in front of the net. good point

• Replies 437
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Honestly didn't think they played that bad either, Goon. Didn't have the big jump, but didn't get outplayed at all. Huskies just had a couple make it into the net. That's hockey sometimes. 9 saves on 12 shots through 2 periods tells a bit of the story. The CFB hurt because it burned up 5 minutes when they had been pressing pretty good to start the third.

He did say something about the team not getting any bounces. :glare:

oh gawd, please i hope he didnt and also hope he didnt say we ran into a hot goalie :ohmy:

or..............just didnt give a full 60 minutes of hockey tonight and thats not gona get it done in a tough league like the wcha......... :)

Goon, you f***in hypocrite!!!

Nice attack. No I am not being a hypocrite. For one if SHACK (I don't give an F' how to spell that clowns name) was going to fight the guy let him man up before you attack him and then you hit him as he laid on the ice, that is pretty bush league in my opinion. That is pretty close to what the Kid at Yost did.

If your referring to Jones, Lucia agreed to fight him so Jones got ready, then bush league lucia turtled, not the same thing.

Honestly didn't think they played that bad either, Goon. Didn't have the big jump, but didn't get outplayed at all. Huskies just had a couple make it into the net. That's hockey sometimes. 9 saves on 12 shots through 2 periods tells a bit of the story. The CFB hurt because it burned up 5 minutes when they had been pressing pretty good to start the third.

Well....our last hope tonite....anyone have an update on the UAA/DU game? lol

thats fine but not having any jump is HUGE in any game. you can coast along all you want but thats not gona get you anywhere. we didnt score on two 5 on 3 opportunities..o well..go get them tomorrow. most of our shots were pretty easy saves except for a few

hes not the main problem but he is a problem, just look at the numbers and ive watched the games to see. their D is the main problem as you know. tissue soft and not producing much either way. very easy goals tonight in front of the net. good point

I think after his performance in the playoffs last year that the expectations have been a little unrealistic for Mr. Kangas. It's hard for anyone to play at an extremely high level for a long period of time. He's the best goaltender they've had in many years, but he isn't Superman and you still have to play well in front of him to get results. And with a shaky defense in front of him, that has to have a negative impact on his confidence. I'm sure that he isn't playing his best, but even if he was I don't think the results would be much better right now for the Goofs. And yes, I am enjoying it! :glare:

Just got back from the game. Very frustrating to see our team get beat. No fire in the legs. Very subdued crowd. Even the famous "Dog Pound" was pretty tame. Not scoring on the 5 on 3 really hurt. After watching the Sioux practice on Thursday night I thought we'd come out on fire.

thats fine but not having any jump is HUGE in any game. you can coast along all you want but thats not gona get you anywhere. we didnt score on two 5 on 3 opportunities..o well..go get them tomorrow. most of our shots were pretty easy saves except for a few

You are right on AZ. There were a lot of shots that were pretty easy saves. We thought the same thing. My buddy does the stats in the press box and he said the same thing.

Just got back from the game. Very frustrating to see our team get beat. No fire in the legs. Very subdued crowd. Even the famous "Dog Pound" was pretty tame. Not scoring on the 5 on 3 really hurt. After watching the Sioux practice on Thursday night I thought we'd come out on fire.

Yeah, I was there too, and watching those 5x3's go by without scoring really hurt. The Sioux had their chances, but few were quality and those they didn't bury. With the crowd that tame it would have only taken a couple of goals to get the Green and white cheering section fired up, louder than the local fans.

They out played the Huskies much of the game, but struggled to keep the pucks on their sticks in the offensive zone. Lots of bobbling passes and pucks hopping the sticks...and a few quality shots right into Weslosky's brisket. Hard to score on those.

They did play with some fire though, delivering some great hits at times, but I think they really missed Jones on "D". I know I did.

Two more points up for grabs tomorrow night! Let's go get 'em!

Go SIOUX!!!

Fight in gopher game...gopher on top of Mankato player...it's Shack smashing Kato player's head into the ice.....longboard coming out onto the ice...

Kato player is Channing Bo (sp?) taken off on stretcher...Schack gone and a game DQ.... Doug and Rug kinda downplaying...not as critical of Shack as they should be...I happened to have DVD recording...I'll see if I can get a clip up quick...

Keep us informed.

Yeah, I was there too, and watching those 5x3's go by without scoring really hurt. The Sioux had their chances, but few were quality and those they didn't bury. With the crowd that tame it would have only taken a couple of goals to get the Green and white cheering section fired up, louder than the local fans.

They out played the Huskies much of the game, but struggled to keep the pucks on their sticks in the offensive zone. Lots of bobbling passes and pucks hopping the sticks...and a few quality shots right into Weslosky's brisket. Hard to score on those.

They did play with some fire though, delivering some great hits at times, but I think they really missed Jones on "D". I know I did.

Go SIOUX!!!

Did you think the ice was bad tonight?

Go SIOUX!!!

jones will be in tomorrow im sure and he is solid but he isnt gona net any for us, he may save 1 for us though :glare: we couldnt score. its amazing to see that after what we have been doing the last few weeks. wierd. lets hope it was one game and not october/november all over again :ohmy: which i have full confidence it wont be. go sioux

we're still in the 15th spot.

the margin is slipping but of course it will, we lost........but we are 15th and thats fine. after the last few games get reported if we stand 15/16 thats fine but it also means tomorrow is a must win for many reason overall

couldnt have been worse than the ralphs ice last weekend with all those midget games going on before hand. man was that puck bouncing

I didn't think the ice at the REA was too bad, I mean it looked good from my upper deck seat after after afew beers. :glare:

Sober and on B2 the ice looked choppy tonight. I dunno.

Did you think the ice was bad tonight?

The ice gave the guys some fits early, some skates catching, some not biting. The puck had a pretty good wobble to it, but I wouldn't say it was awful. The speed of play was pretty decent, and the cross ice passing going into the zone seemed pretty smooth for the most part. It just seemed that the puck wasn't sticking on the tape tonight for the Sioux. Duncan had an opening on an early PP that he had to abort because he couldn't get the handle...and he was standing a foot inside the dot at the time. If that puck would have stuck, it's a goal. Another good opportunity hopped Gregoire's stick in the 3rd...toward the end. It could be the ice was pretty gouged by then, but over all I'd say that ice quality was not the difference. Shot quality for the Sioux wasn't there...and Eidsness let in a couple of soft goals (wrapper and low glove). It happens.

And, naturally, the four blind mice "missed" some calls. But hey...we had the 5x3 chances...and cycled the puck while the clock ticked.

Someone, anyone, tomorrow night, please DRIVE TO THE NET! And get TWO POINTS!!

Thank you!

the margin is slipping but of course it will, we lost........but we are 15th and thats fine. after the last few games get reported if we stand 15/16 thats fine but it also means tomorrow is a must win for many reason overall

I'm trying to be positive and make myself feel better tonight.