SiouxSports.com Forum

Battle For Redemption: Sioux vs Huskies

brianvf

• Replies 213
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

One thing I don't want to hear after this weekend (assuming we lose again today) is talk about "hot goalies" or "not getting the bounces" or how these are "good teams we lost to". Other teams don't have problems scoring on MTU or MSU, so why do we? Because too often, we don't go to the net with the puck, we don't shoot on the power play enough, we don't get a stick on the rebounds that are available, we shoot into the goalie's chest (which just doesn't work) and we spend too much time cycling the puck without generating any scoring chances. The games we have won this year, we have been good at these things, but we aren't doing them consistently enough game in and game out. And until we start doing them, this team is going absolutely nowhere.

One thing I don't want to hear after this weekend (assuming we lose again today) is talk about "hot goalies" or "not getting the bounces" or how these are "good teams we lost to". Other teams don't have problems scoring on MTU or MSU, so why do we? Because too often, we don't go to the net with the puck, we don't shoot on the power play enough, we don't get a stick on the rebounds that are available, we shoot into the goalie's chest (which just doesn't work) and we spend too much time cycling the puck without generating any scoring chances. The games we have won this year, we have been good at these things, but we aren't doing them consistently enough game in and game out. And until we start doing them, this team is going absolutely nowhere.

I think I agree... we need to be less pretty and more gritty.