SiouxSports.com Forum

SIOUX @ HARVARD

AZSIOUX

• Replies 315
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

bc football played this afternoon. patriots play tomorrow. it's not baseball season. don't know if the celtics or bruins play, but come on, they've got millions of possible fans. cant find 6 or 7 thousand who like college hockey? i feel you though, college hockey is a tough sell almost everywhere.

Of course there is also BC, BU, and Northeastern in Boston. BU played BC tonight in front of 7884 fans. Given the choice which do you think they'd go to? Then you've got a number of lower division teams and U Mass-Lowell, Providence, Brown, and UNH all about an hour away. So Boston supports college hockey quite well. I'd guess better per capita than any other city. Harvard on the other hand gets very little support from its students and alums.

Now the obligatory, thanks for beating Harvard and all of Cornell hopes you do well the rest of the year.

I hope to meet some of you in DC this April, or next season at Lynah. I'll be wearing a number 14 jersey with Lodboa name. He was our MVP in 1970 NCAA Championship, scoring a 2 man-down shorty to go along with a PP and even strength natural hat trick. But that's ancient history, so good-bye.

He was our MVP in 1970 NCAA Championship, scoring a 2 man-down shorty to go along with a PP and even strength natural hat trick. But that's ancient history, so good-bye.
What a game. I'd still be wearing the jersey too.

FRATTIN!!!!

For a disappointment, Frattin's doing well.

Another assist for the one who should be benched as well. ???

Great to see Frattin get his 7th goal in the last 7 games and for Malone to get going a little bit as well, but before you go tongue in cheek and get sarcastic remember Frattin, Malone and Trupp had 13 goals and 18 assists combined last year in 109 games played!! And Trupp had a majority of those goals.

I remember seeing Frattin skate during the Hall of Fame game at the Ralph last year vs. Mich. St and he looked like a player that could post the numbers he is currently posting during this hot streak, but let's not forget it took him 52 games (addendum) to get going. He has the potential to be a huge difference maker long term as is evident by his recent play. Good to see him finding his stride.

I remember seeing Frattin skate during the Hall of Fame game at the Ralph last year vs. Mich. St and he looked like a player that could post the numbers he is currently posting during this hot streak, but let's not forget it took him 118 games to get going.

It took him until the end of his junior year?

He was a true freshman last year. That's what they do, get used to the speed and strength of the next level. He's learning and developing.

It took him until the end of his junior year?

He was a true freshman last year. That's what they do, get used to the speed and strength of the next level. He's learning and developing.

My bad! Meant to say it took him 52 games to get going. 43 last year and the first nine this year. Get your point, but he has way too much talent to only put up the numbers he did thru his first 52 games at UND. But like I said prior, it is great to see him get going.

Was at the games this weekend and it was fun times... as I'm sure you guys could tell. Any way, apparently Harvard doesn't sell beer at their sporting events... so we took it upon ourselves to re-write the beer song, without further adoo I present to you, the Beer Song (A Tribute to Harvard):

At Harvard there is no beer

Thats why we're sober here

and when we're gone from here

our friends will have drank all our beer.

Editors note: the last line doesn't work so well... but we found that the original last line will do as well... cheers.

Was at the games this weekend and it was fun times... as I'm sure you guys could tell. Any way, apparently Harvard doesn't sell beer at their sporting events... so we took it upon ourselves to re-write the beer song, without further adoo I present to you, the Beer Song (A Tribute to Harvard):

At Harvard there is no beer

Thats why we're sober here

and when we're gone from here

our friends will have drank all our beer.

Editors note: the last line doesn't work so well... but we found that the original last line will do as well... cheers.

OMG! that's hillarious. Major props. :D???