SiouxSports.com Forum

UND @ Green Bay

siouxdude

I know that the 4 out 1 in offense has worked great for the sioux in the past but I think they need something else to fall back on, the guards are not the type to take their own opportunities to drive because they are so programmed to know where to pass when to pass, there is no freelance with this team. Obviously in the first few mins they threw the ball in the post with double coverage EVERYTIME because that's how their offense flows, the don't just "play"! The guards need to start looking to get to the basket because Kierah and Whitney are being doubled quite well.

It is always fun to watch Gene give up if things aren't going well. Video showed him just sitting there and basically pouting. Hopefully the girls are not taking the brunt of this because most of them came here thinking they would remain in DII. And yes, I agree with BleedGreen, we are going to have to get more creative offensively facing good defensive teams. It looked like in the first 5 minutes that they absolutely HAD TO get the ball inside, they defended it well, and our rhythm was off on the perimeter from there on. Of course, in the radio interview, it was ALL the girls' fault.

I've only seen the Eastern Michigan game, so it's hard to say exactly what's going wrong since, but IMO we need to get at least close to double figures every night from Kimbrough, Guinn, Youngblut, Seay and Bagaason. For whatever reason, the latter three haven't been doing so the past couple of games. Hopefully once we start playing other transitional teams, things will take a turn for the better.

Maybe there needs to be a line up change, or at least give others girls an opportunity. Our best defender IMO is Seay, and she is coming off the bench. LaFrance seems productive in her limited playing time by getting a few rebounds and points. Also, I've seen Lof knock down some shots and run the floor well at their home games. Kimbrough and Guinn are no doubt the ones we need to looked to for leadership and scoring, but there needs to be contributions from other players to relieve pressure off of them.

As far as Roebuck putting the blame on his girls every time is ridiculous. Yes, they are partly responsible, but he needs to be accountable for "giving up" or MAYBE just being out-coached. If you constantly tell the girls they aren't good enough to play, they're going to start believing that - and that's the last thing they need.