SiouxSports.com Forum

SIOUX vs SEAWOLVES

AZSIOUX

• Replies 305
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Unfortunately, this team hasn't shown it can score a single goal, let alone 3 in one period.

have faith, lets get one early, then hopefully the ralph will be rocking for the next five :whistling: hey, we have to stay positive until the buzzer :D , but they sure stunk up the joint that period. lefty is quite the character, wish i would have been there to see a game in the old barn!

Unfortunately, this team hasn't shown it can score a single goal, let alone 3 in one period.

You want to see the bottom of the barrel? Look no further than tonight.

We are in complete disarray. We're down by three, no one is talking to each other, no one knows the ice so a ton of pucks bounce over sticks, and we're so concerned with dipsy doodles and dangling and cutsy crap that we forget that it doesn't matter how it goes in, IT JUST NEEDS TO GO IN!!!!

Seriously, Walski didn't look good (just shoot glove side and high and it's a goal... when's the last time we've seen that? Siembida? Brandt, JPar, and JPL had great glove hands didn't they?) but, I'm giving Walski a pass on this one. 10 shots on goal. I don't know any team that can dominate with 2 periods in the books and only 10 shots on goal... unless they are facing the world's worst goaltender.

It is time for my coaching strategy: shoot and crash. We can't take the time any more to set anything up. We simply have to shoot the puck at the first open lane to the net and crash the net looking for rebounds... and we have to do it A LOT. We won't have time for tic-tac-toe attempts until it's tied. Besides, they can't even get to tac tonight.

After scoring so many last weekend against CC, I thought we were out of the offensive funk. I guess not...thus far.
Exactly.How can a team go down to CC and put up 80 some shots and be flying all over the rink and then come home and look like total garbage.I don't get it.Gotta give AA credit though they are playing a solid game and not giving the SIOUX much room at all to work with.

Exactly.How can a team go down to CC and put up 80 some shots and be flying all over the rink and then come home and look like total garbage.I don't get it.Gotta give AA credit though they are playing a solid game and not giving the SIOUX much room at all to work with.

I give some of the credit to AA, but I believe we are playing our worse game of the season so far tonight.

Olympic size ice might have something to do with it

You want to see the bottom of the barrel? Look no further than tonight.

We are in complete disarray. We're down by three, no one is talking to each other, no one knows the ice so a ton of pucks bounce over sticks, and we're so concerned with dipsy doodles and dangling and cutsy crap that we forget that it doesn't matter how it goes in, IT JUST NEEDS TO GO IN!!!!

Seriously, Walski didn't look good (just shoot glove side and high and it's a goal... when's the last time we've seen that? Siembida? Brandt, JPar, and JPL had great glove hands didn't they?) but, I'm giving Walski a pass on this one. 10 shots on goal. I don't know any team that can dominate with 2 periods in the books and only 10 shots on goal... unless they are facing the world's worst goaltender.

Yes. Walski is probably done after this one. Too bad - we all had hopes that he might step it up.

But, what is up with nobody on our team being able to stickhandle tonight? On the PP, they just look brutal - as was highlighted by the 5-on-3 where UND did nothing.

OK, it's understandable to be PO'd right now, but there are a few things to point out.

First, about UAA's goals, two are point shots that made their way through bodies into the net. They count, but they are the kind of thing that happen once every five games or so. Not really Walski's fault, just good fortune for UAA. The 2-on-1, the pass was bouncing and the shooter golfed it up. How often is someone able to put a bouncing puck where he wants to? Part great play, part good luck.

Second, UND's shots on goal are embarrassingly low, but I'd love to see the shot attempts by the two teams. I'll bet the Sioux have attempted almost twice as many. Kozek alone has shot about six high or wide.

I'm not happy with Kozek tonight, because he has one job, and he's been set up pretty well tonight to do it. Also, although Miller's been OK overall, he personally wasted the 5-on-3, losing the puck 3 times (although one was on a hot pass).

Toews looks pretty good and will get a bigger role as the year goes on.

Ultimately none of this matters if you lose, but the fact is the team has been terrible some nights and won (like last year against UAA), and I don't think they've been terrible tonight. Just not good enough to overcome some bounces for UAA.

Yes. Walski is probably done after this one. Too bad - we all had hopes that he might step it up.

But, what is up with nobody on our team being able to stickhandle tonight? On the PP, they just look brutal - as was highlighted by the 5-on-3 where UND did nothing.

I suspect that we have a few players (Genoway and perhaps Duncan) who are trying to do too much, and the rest of the team aren't communicating as well as they should.

That's my wild, armchair hypothesis.

And, yeah, I did have hopes for Walski. Not high hopes, but hopes. It's always cool to see a person like Walski work his way to the top. I don't know if this is the last time we'll see him, but we won't see him tomorrow night for sure. We probably won't see him against anyone in the top of the WCHA either.

OK, it's understandable to be PO'd right now, but there are a few things to point out.

First, about UAA's goals, two are point shots that made their way through bodies into the net. They count, but they are the kind of thing that happen once every five games or so. Not really Walski's fault, just good fortune for UAA. The 2-on-1, the pass was bouncing and the shooter golfed it up. How often is someone able to put a bouncing puck where he wants to? Part great play, part good luck.

Second, UND's shots on goal are embarrassingly low, but I'd love to see the shot attempts by the two teams. I'll bet the Sioux have attempted almost twice as many. Kozek alone has shot about six high or wide.

I'm not happy with Kozek tonight, because he has one job, and he's been set up pretty well tonight to do it. Also, although Miller's been OK overall, he personally wasted the 5-on-3, losing the puck 3 times (although one was on a hot pass).

Ultimately none of this matters if you lose, but the fact is the team has been terrible some nights and won (like last year against UAA), and I don't think they've been terrible tonight. Just not good enough to overcome some bounces for UAA.

we are very bad so far. it can change thoguh as we have 20 minutes left but they are bad. one of those games i guess so far. 10 shots is a joke

Miller, imo, looks good only when he keeps it simple. He tries to dangle or get cute, he sucks it up and down the ice.

Not to mention, I am not sure putting him at D was a wise decision. I'd put someone who is a solid defensive forward there instead... maybe Zajac or Watkins?

I don't know if I'd bench Miller even so... he's done ok, like I said, when he simply tries to keep it simple.