SiouxSports.com Forum

Tonight's Game

UND Fan

I assume some (hopefully, many) of you will be attending tonight's exhibition. Please provide your thoughts tomorrow.

I can give you my thoughts now, Mayville has played 4 games, lost 3 and given up over 100 points twice. UND may score 130 tonite and Mayville won't get to 70. This one will be like the old days when UND would beat the Comets by 70. Mayville graduated alot of good players from last year and had another who can't play for "unspecified" issues. Not worth buying a ticket to.

I can give you my thoughts now, Mayville has played 4 games, lost 3 and given up over 100 points twice. UND may score 130 tonite and Mayville won't get to 70. This one will be like the old days when UND would beat the Comets by 70. Mayville graduated alot of good players from last year and had another who can't play for "unspecified" issues. Not worth buying a ticket to.

Thanks - I appreciate your insight. However, my concern was not the game itself or its outcome. I am curious as to how the players look - the veterans, the new kids and those coming off an injury. Whether we win by 5 or 50, someone should be able to assess how they think we will be as a team once we get into the regular season.

Regarding not buying a ticket, I don't think anyone will be buying a ticket with the only reason being that they expect to see a close, well-played game. They will go for the reasons I noted above - to get an idea how we will be this year and to SUPPORT THE TEAM. I would hope that too many fans don't get overly concerned about the schedules for most UND sports over the next couple of years. The schedules won't be great but the teams still deserve our support!

Starting lineup was Bergan, Youngblut, Guinn, Bagaason and Kimbrough. But besides Kimbrough, who had a monster game, the best player on the court was Seay. She was very aggressive and seemed more confident offensively than last year.

Guinn has indeed changed positions, and apparently isn't playing the point anymore. Privatsky will be backing up Jossy. She's definitely got speed and quickness. She didn't look for her own shot very much, but I assume that will come when the rust comes off and she gets more assertive.

Both Gillett's are injured, but everybody else except Thingstad played a lot. At least initially, it appears that we may see a 10-person rotation, with Seay, Ledger, Lof, LaFrance and Privatsky coming off the bench.

Starting lineup was Bergan, Youngblut, Guinn, Bagaason and Kimbrough. But besides Kimbrough, who had a monster game, the best player on the court was Seay. She was very aggressive and seemed more confident offensively than last year.

Guinn has indeed changed positions, and apparently isn't playing the point anymore. Privatsky will be backing up Jossy. She's definitely got speed and quickness. She didn't look for her own shot very much, but I assume that will come when the rust comes off and she gets more assertive.

Both Gillett's are injured, but everybody else except Thingstad played a lot. At least initially, it appears that we may see a 10-person rotation, with Seay, Ledger, Lof, LaFrance and Privatsky coming off the bench.

Thanks for the insight!

Not much tempo seen in a game with 58 fouls called. Not much from 3 point land. The high-lo to Kimbrough was deadly even when they doubled her. I thought the defense looked ok. Man to man with a couple of sets with a press. Unfortunatley, the whistles coming from all three directions turned this into a bit of a freethrow exibition.

I thought Seay looked impressive, then again she did at times last year, but seemed to fade at the end of the season. Lof in the second half hit some perimeter shots and ran the floor well. Good to see her hit from the perimeter, as that was not where she scored from in high school. Kimbrough was outstanding (we kind of need her to be)-enough said- Ledger was sharp early and played hard every minute she was on the floor. Youngblut had early foul trouble, but was steady at creating ways to score in the 2nd half.

I feel this team really needs to get better defensively. They don't cut off players on the dribble very well...granted as I was listening to the radio while watching the game the announcers did say they thought Mayville dribbled aimlessly alot- that I feel that was a pefect description of what Mayville was doing-over-dribbling, but good defenders will make a person who likes to dribble (whether with a purpose or in this case-not) and make them pick it up and I just don't see that in our defense right now- its early however.

If I was going to my first basketball game- and didn't know what to expect, I would never come back-because the second half was completely unwatchable... I think someone mentioned 58 fouls for the game on a post. It almost seemed as if there were 58 fouls alone called in the second half.

Anyone know where the refs were from? Were they DI, DII or DAC refs? At the end when both teams were rotating their benches in, the refs would call some real petty fouls outside of the 3 point line while letting some obvious ones inside slide. This game was definately not a smooth one.

Anyone know where the refs were from? Were they DI, DII or DAC refs? At the end when both teams were rotating their benches in, the refs would call some real petty fouls outside of the 3 point line while letting some obvious ones inside slide. This game was definately not a smooth one.

I'm not familiar with them by name, but according to the box score the officials were Ben Fransen, Jeff Henry and Randy Wolden. I know at least one of them routinely did NCC games, as I've seen him officiate UND games for years.