SiouxSports.com Forum

UND at Southeast Louisiana Game Thread

fightingsioux4life

Sultan wrote

"The intentional grounding call was obvious to everybody in the stadium except the referee, because he's watching for holding and hits on the QB...with the QB out of the pocket, the ball has to cross the line of scrimmage on a throw-away and it came up about four or five yards short...should have had another grounding call earlier in the game but didn't get a call...as for the Sioux program, I'd say they're very good hands...very well-coached football team, which we all knew coming in."

Well stated and I'll leave it at that. Btw, all y'all have a very nice stadium and quality team. Also seem to be well coached. Congrats and best of luck the rest of the way.

Appreciate it...we're getting there...it's obvious North Dakota has a tremendous football program and we hope to reach that level in the near future...thing that impressed me more than anything was the calm demeanor you guys showed down 38-21...you were still running your offense and didn't let the scoreboard dictate anything...often times, you'll see teams panic and start flinging it on every down and end up getting blown out...you guys stayed patient which is a sign of an extremely well-coached and disciplined football team.

• Replies 412
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Personally, I don't care about poll rankings at this point. We are in Year 1 of the transition. Now by Year 3, I think it will matter more if we are ranked because that is when we will start measuring ourselves against other FCS programs. But the first two years are about bringing in better athletes and adjusting to the rules and the pace of the game.

Winning FCS games is important for recruiting. It would be huge to sneak into the top 25 by the end of the season, but with the loss last night, it's not likely. I think UND would have to win-out. Oh well, just win some more FCS games and get some momentum going into year 2.

If you're talking dollars then you're wrong UND funded 59.5 scholarships this season and will fund 63 next season. If you're talking talent with a full 63 scholarships of D-1 caliber players and depth then you're probably correct. With the way Bison fans play loose with the facts on this website I just want to make sure your being factual with your criticisms. UND is new to D-I and this game proves that we still have some areas to improve upon and that's what the transition is for. Overall I still believe we're ahead of NDSU at a similar point in the transition. We have the opportunity to be force to be reckoned with in FCS football we just need to give Mussman a couple recruiting classes and then you'll really start to see us break through.

Yes, I said depth..... :) You are a bit defensive it seems......but so be it....I was just pointing out the huge difference between playing a DI schedule versus a D2 schedule, and this year UND is not playing a full DI schedule. But, the DI games you have are a significant level above D2 competition. UND had a hell of a comeback last night. Now.....go focus on controling your paranoia any time a Bison fan posts...

Well you win some you lose some. It sounds like it was a hell of a game. (Went to the Carrie Underwood concert last night otherwise I would have listened to it :) )

Now the Sioux have 3 weeks until the next game, rest up, watch game tape and come out ready to play. I agree, give it another year or two and we'll have a hell of a program. At least last night's game was close and not a blowout like it could have been.

There are two goals that the Sioux need in the next 4 years, like one other person had posted earlier, is to try to win the GWFC titles and to be ranked in the top 25 polls during the season.

I don't know about you guys but I'm excited that UND is heading into the right direction, DI, with their athletic programs. :lol: I just don't know why we waited until we did, we should have done it with NDSU and SDSU.

Hears to the Sioux football team and the rest of the year! Good luck! Can't wait for Oct. 18th! :angry:

Yes, I said depth..... :angry: You are a bit defensive it seems......but so be it....I was just pointing out the huge difference between playing a DI schedule versus a D2 schedule, and this year UND is not playing a full DI schedule. But, the DI games you have are a significant level above D2 competition. UND had a hell of a comeback last night. Now.....go focus on controling your paranoia any time a Bison fan posts...

:):lol:

Yes...missed by maybe half a foot, a little short and a little to the left. Even players were saying they thought it was good at the time. Very very close.

It had the length, barely, but it would have been good. It missed the left upright by 3-6". Very close.

First off, I think the Sioux have performed very well in the first half of the season. I have thoroughly enjoyed the season so far and I would like to congratulate the team on a fine season. I must admit I was not sure about the selection for the new coach. But, I have been very impressed so far. I believe the coach is a fine game day coach who has done a very good job the last two weeks.

I have noted that not much was made by the missed extra point early in the 4th Q. As it turns out it was one of the deciding factors in this game. I know that this is nothing more than "ifs and buts