SiouxSports.com Forum

former players

schmidtdoggydog

ah, i see that.....not to be a dick but 3:1 says he isnt on the roster.....hence my confusion....again :-P

yeah he did, a ways back, but then he was back on the Albany roster for a while too. about 1 week to a week and a half ago he disappeared off of the roster.

Stillman is about to return to Carolina's lineup so lets see if Bayda mysteriously reappears in Albany's lineup for their next game. :lol:

Stillman is about to return to Carolina's lineup so lets see if Bayda mysteriously reappears in Albany's lineup for their next game. :lol:

Stillman has been out for months. he had surgery 4 months ago on his shoulder and is just now returning. i personally dont believe Bayda being up with Carolina had anything to do with Stillman, since he has only played in 5 games all season. considering it isnt even confirmed that Bayda is on the Carolina roster, as on 3 sites it doesnt show him on there, and it doesnt show anywhere that he was called up/activated by Carolina at all, this may be a non-issue. whats confusing is......WHERE EXACTLY IS RYAN BAYDA?

Stillman has been out for months. he had surgery 4 months ago on his shoulder and is just now returning. i personally dont believe Bayda being up with Carolina had anything to do with Stillman, since he has only played in 5 games all season. considering it isnt even confirmed that Bayda is on the Carolina roster, as on 3 sites it doesnt show him on there, and it doesnt show anywhere that he was called up/activated by Carolina at all, this may be a non-issue. whats confusing is......WHERE EXACTLY IS RYAN BAYDA?

I didn't imply that Bayda was called up for Stillman, I am implying that he will be the player sent down.

I didn't imply that Bayda was called up for Stillman, I am implying that he will be the player sent down.

who said a player needs to be sent down anyways :lol: but you are probably right. but i still am not convinced he is even in Raleigh right now anyways.....the confusion continues hgaha :0

who said a player needs to be sent down anyways :lol: but you are probably right. but i still am not convinced he is even in Raleigh right now anyways.....the confusion continues hgaha :0

Actually, I found proof for you that he was called up following the injury to Letowski. Also there is the issue of how may veteran players suit up for AHL teams on any given night.

http://www.newsobserver.com/796/story/499351.html

different sites are screwy.....as we are seeing with the Bayda issue.....

there is another issue i just came across however....on theahl.com it says that Stafford "returned from loan to Buffalo" yesterday, implying that he is now back in Rochester. however, on the espn.com website it doesnt show Drew as being sent down....

AHL page

ESPN page

different sites are screwy.....as we are seeing with the Bayda issue.....

there is another issue i just came across however....on theahl.com it says that Stafford "returned from loan to Buffalo" yesterday, implying that he is now back in Rochester. however, on the espn.com website it doesnt show Drew as being sent down....

AHL page

ESPN page

See my last post.

Actually, I found proof for you that he was called up following the injury to Letowski. Also there is the issue of how may veteran players suit up for AHL teams on any given night.

http://www.newsobserver.com/796/story/499351.html

yeah i know he came up then, as i already stated before...he was up and played the 16-26 of october. he played in 5 games, and then was sent back down. that was almost 2 months ago.....since then he has played Nov. 4,9,10,15,18,24, and 25 at Albany. (Bayda AHL Page)

REPOST.....(screwed up the original one)

Tonight in former Sioux

NHL

Jason Blake: New York Is. vs. Ottawa @ 7:30 pm ET

Ryan Johnson: St. Louis vs. Detroit @ 8:00 pm ET

Brandon Bochenski: Chicago vs. Minnesota @ 8:00 pm ET

Mike Commodore: Carolina vs. Calgary @ 9:00 pm ET

AHL

Lee Goren: Manitoba vs. Drew Stafford: Rochester @ 8:30 pm ET

REPOST.....(screwed up the original one)

Tonight in former Sioux

NHL

Jason Blake: New York Is. vs. Ottawa @ 7:30 pm ET

Brandon Bochenski: Chicago vs. Minnesota @ 8:00 pm ET

Ryan Johnson: St. Louis vs. Detroit @ 8:00 pm ET

Mike Commodore: Carolina vs. Calgary @ 9:00 pm ET

AHL

Lee Goren: Manitoba vs. Drew Stafford: Rochester @ 8:30 pm ET

NHL

Jason Blake: 1 goal, 24 shifts, 4 SOG, 1 Hit in Islanders 2-4 loss

Brandon Bochenski:1 goal, 16 shifts, 3 SOG, 1 hit in Blackhawks 2-3 loss

Ryan Johnson: 18 shifts, 3 Hits, 1 blocked shot -2 +/- in Blues 1-5 loss

Mike Commodore: 27 shifts, 2 MINS, 1 hit, 1 blocked shot in Hurricanes 0-3 loss

AHL

Lee Goren: 1 SOG, -1 +/- in Moose 2-3 loss

Drew Stafford: 2 SOG, 2 PIMS in Americans 3-2 win

yeah, sorry must have not read that right earlier or I wouldn't have posted the thing about Drew. My bad. :lol:

oh no, haha, i went back and changed it lol....i msut found out this afternoon he was sent back down....which is a shame since he scored a goal in his last game up

So Brandon missed his shootout goal but Im wondering how the wild goal counts if hes crease before the puck is? what is the NHL rules on that now? It was a very sweet goal though.

Anyone know the answer?

im trying to find it in the NHL rulebook...no luck so far...

edit: i practically read the whole rulebook again to find it, and nothing in there i can find says....i would imagine it should be dissalowed....but who knows. its not in the rulebook :-\

So Brandon missed his shootout goal but Im wondering how the wild goal counts if hes crease before the puck is? what is the NHL rules on that now? It was a very sweet goal though.

Anyone know the answer?

What in the world are you asking? :lol:

im trying to find it in the NHL rulebook...no luck so far...

edit: i practically read the whole rulebook again to find it, and nothing in there i can find says....i would imagine it should be dissalowed....but who knows. its not in the rulebook :-\

goals scored while attacking players are standing in the crease may, in appropriate circumstances be allowed. Goals should be disallowed only if: (1) an attacking player, either by his positioning or by contact, impairs the goalkeeper's ability to move freely within his crease or defend his goal; or (2) an attacking player initiates more than incidental contact with a goalkeeper, inside or outside of his goal crease. Incidental contact with a goalkeeper will be permitted, and resulting goals allowed, when such contact is initiated outside of the goal crease, provided the attacking player has made a reasonable effort to avoid such contact.

EDIT: Falls under Rule 78 Protection of Goalkeeper

goals scored while attacking players are standing in the crease may, in appropriate circumstances be allowed. Goals should be disallowed only if: (1) an attacking player, either by his positioning or by contact, impairs the goalkeeper's ability to move freely within his crease or defend his goal; or (2) an attacking player initiates more than incidental contact with a goalkeeper, inside or outside of his goal crease. Incidental contact with a goalkeeper will be permitted, and resulting goals allowed, when such contact is initiated outside of the goal crease, provided the attacking player has made a reasonable effort to avoid such contact.

EDIT: Falls under Rule 78 Protection of Goalkeeper

nice catch.....man i must be blind haha

crappy night for former sioux.....only one team with a former sioux won, and that was the Rochester Americans.....and they were playing the Manitoba Moose, so one team was garunteed a win.....

here is a photo of jason blake....seems to be a photo of him almost every game....

Jason Blake

UNI10912060240.jpg

Tonight in Former Sioux:

NHL

Travis Zajac: New Jersey vs. Montreal @ 7:30 pm ET

Zach Parise: New Jersey vs. Montreal @ 7:30 pm ET

David Hale: New Jersey vs. Montreal @ 7:30 pm ET

Travis Roche: Phoenix vs. Dallas @ 8:30 pm ET

Sioux vs. Sioux

Mike Commodore: Carolina vs. Matt Greene: Edmonton @ 9:30 pm ET

AHL

Matt Smaby: Springfield @ 7:05 pm ET

Sioux vs. Sioux

Drew Stafford: Rochester vs. Lee Goren: Manitoba @ 8:30 pm ET

CHL

Brad Williamson: Colorado vs. Rocky Mountain @ 9:05 pm ET

Aaron Schneekloth: Colorado vs. Rocky Mountain @ 9:05 pm ET

oh no, haha, i went back and changed it lol....i msut found out this afternoon he was sent back down....which is a shame since he scored a goal in his last game up

ok, no wonder I was confused. I wish they would have left him up but since I am a bit of a homer, I tend to think that all of our boys should be playing in the NHL!