SiouxSports.com Forum

former players

schmidtdoggydog

From the Blackhawks message boards:

Q: Adam do you know if Dale is actively trying to sign Porter or not?

A: He has actively tried to sign him this summer, yes. Whether he is still actively trying to sign him... I don't have an answer to that.

Adam runs chicagoblackhawks.com

A: He has actively tried to sign him this summer, yes. Whether he is still actively trying to sign him... I don't have an answer to that.

interesting, i would think porter would be a nice fit for their AHL team and maybe 2 years down the road get a shot at the NHL as a 4th liner or so, if they dont sign him another team will as i think the deadline for chicago to sign him is approaching....

Looks as if Porter is trying to test the free agent market.

From Adam at ChicagoBlackhawks.com:

"Porter elected to become a free agent. Wants to go to a team without so many prospects."

good for him, maybe st louis... hope he lands on a team that needs good solid AHL players with a chance someday to make the show, phoenix would be a decent place for him as i believe we are going a bit young this season with ohopes of sucking the next 2 years to get Tavares #1 overall in 09 :sad:

good for him, maybe st louis... hope he lands on a team that needs good solid AHL players with a chance someday to make the show, phoenix would be a decent place for him as i believe we are going a bit young this season with ohopes of sucking the next 2 years to get Tavares #1 overall in 09 :D

Nashville would be a great place for Chris, as they lost all their talent to free agency! :sad:

Nashville would be a great place for Chris, as they lost all their talent to free agency! :sad:

a few wcha players drafted that became free agents

http://hfboards.com/showthread.php?t=410776

Drew Bagnall (St. Lawrence/Florida), Chad Brownlee (Minnesota State/Vancouver), Mitch Carefoot (Cornell/Atlanta), Matt Christie (Miami/Anaheim), Dustin Collins (Northern Michigan/Tampa Bay), Tim Cook (Michigan/Ottawa), Joe Cooper (Miami/Ottawa), J.D. Corbin (Denver/Colorado), Art Femenella (Vermont/Tampa Bay), Michael Grenzy (Clarkson/Chicago), Marty Guerin (Miami/Los Angeles), Mike Hamilton (Maine/Atlanta), Brett Hemingway (New Hampshire/Colorado), Brian Ihnacak (Brown/Pittsburgh), Kevin Jarman (Massachusetts/Columbus), Mark McCutcheon (Cornell/Colorado), Tom Morrow (Boston University/Buffalo), Darin Olver (Northern Michigan/NY Rangers), Wes O'Neill (Notre Dame/NY Islanders), Joe Pearce (Boston College/Tampa Bay), Chris Porter (North Dakota/Chicago), Dylan Reese (Harvard/NY Rangers), Ken Roche (Boston University/NY Rangers), Kevin Schaeffer (Boston University/Nashville), Jason Smith (Sacred Heart/New Jersey), Mike Sullivan (Clarkson/Los Angeles), Zach Tarkir (Northern Michigan/New Jersey), Dan Travis (Quinnipiac/Florida), Mike Vannelli (Minnesota/Atlanta), Matt Zaba (Colorado College/Los Angeles)

St. Cloud State's Bobby Goepfert was also not signed by his team but already has been picked up by the ducka

a few wcha players drafted that became free agents

http://hfboards.com/showthread.php?t=410776

Drew Bagnall (St. Lawrence/Florida), Chad Brownlee (Minnesota State/Vancouver), Mitch Carefoot (Cornell/Atlanta), Matt Christie (Miami/Anaheim), Dustin Collins (Northern Michigan/Tampa Bay), Tim Cook (Michigan/Ottawa), Joe Cooper (Miami/Ottawa), J.D. Corbin (Denver/Colorado), Art Femenella (Vermont/Tampa Bay), Michael Grenzy (Clarkson/Chicago), Marty Guerin (Miami/Los Angeles), Mike Hamilton (Maine/Atlanta), Brett Hemingway (New Hampshire/Colorado), Brian Ihnacak (Brown/Pittsburgh), Kevin Jarman (Massachusetts/Columbus), Mark McCutcheon (Cornell/Colorado), Tom Morrow (Boston University/Buffalo), Darin Olver (Northern Michigan/NY Rangers), Wes O'Neill (Notre Dame/NY Islanders), Joe Pearce (Boston College/Tampa Bay), Chris Porter (North Dakota/Chicago), Dylan Reese (Harvard/NY Rangers), Ken Roche (Boston University/NY Rangers), Kevin Schaeffer (Boston University/Nashville), Jason Smith (Sacred Heart/New Jersey), Mike Sullivan (Clarkson/Los Angeles), Zach Tarkir (Northern Michigan/New Jersey), Dan Travis (Quinnipiac/Florida), Mike Vannelli (Minnesota/Atlanta), Matt Zaba (Colorado College/Los Angeles)

St. Cloud State's Bobby Goepfert was also not signed by his team but already has been picked up by the ducka

I was surprised at a few on the list.

I remember Ihnacak being highly lauded coming into college. Same thing with Darin Olver, Brett Hemingway, and Wes O'Neill.

However, the most surprising is Matt Zaba. I don't think he did too poorly in his college tenure. And if Glenn Fisher can be signed, I don't see why Zaba was any worse than Fisher.

BELFOUR to sweden per brad

http://www.areavoices.com/undhockey/

guess i dont understand this move as im sure eddie is good on money, must just love the game to go overseas at his age and wants to stay sharp when a nhl team needs a goalie mid season. i guessing that will happen for sure as there are always teams in need of a veteran goalie down the stretch to play or back up

or i could go there next friday and find out or i'll bet it will be in the paper. I wasn't doubting, it just intrigued me.

I didn't mean to make it sound like you were doubting me I just find it strange you being from GF that you or nobody else has heard of it.If in fact he will be there I may make the trip from Jamestown.

From what I read on the Chicago Blackhawk's message board Porter has signed with the St. Louis Blues. However, the only thing that I can find (without looking to hard) is this. I'll keep looking. Congrats to Chris!

good spot for him if so, he will be a solid AHL player with a shot to play in the show down the road

maybe in camp he can re live the denver moment with erik johnson :blush: