SiouxSports.com Forum

former players

schmidtdoggydog

He's only played in two scrimmages so far, but Toews is impressing coaches and fans alike in Chicago.

Toews Shines in Red 5-2 Loss

The previous scrimmage, Toews' team won and he scored a goal. Reading the Chicago message boards, the fans are already predicting that he'll become a fan favorite because of how nice he is. One fan mentioned that he got Toews autograph and Toews thanked him for coming out to watch. Fans are also buzzing about his calm, cool, collected play on the ice and that he's got great puck control.

He's only played in two scrimmages so far, but Toews is impressing coaches and fans alike in Chicago.

Toews Shines in Red 5-2 Loss

The previous scrimmage, Toews' team won and he scored a goal. Reading the Chicago message boards, the fans are already predicting that he'll become a fan favorite because of how nice he is. One fan mentioned that he got Toews autograph and Toews thanked him for coming out to watch. Fans are also buzzing about his calm, cool, collected play on the ice and that he's got great puck control.

im assuiming porter isnt there due to not having a contract and not wanting to get hurt?? maybe they wont sign him...

Anyone notice that Fabian is in that prospect camp? Maybe he can awkwardly score some clutch goals and grab an awkward contract... FABIAAAAANNNN!!!!!

yup, chicagos with toews, porter isnt there which sucks as that doesnt sound good for him to be signed....if not he will sign with someone else and be a nice AHL player

im assuiming porter isnt there due to not having a contract and not wanting to get hurt?? maybe they wont sign him...

I was really hoping to see him in camp. I hope he finds a team to sign with. Unfortunately, with the addition of Lang and Perreault and the up and coming of Bolland and Kontiola, he wouldn't have made the team. Still would have liked to see him playing for Rockford.

JT has been head and shoulders above the rest of the prospects. With and without the puck he looks great. The only thing slowing him down has been the poor ice conditions. If the Hawks don't give Seabrook the 'C' this year, JT will be wearing it by next year.

I was really hoping to see him in camp. I hope he finds a team to sign with. Unfortunately, with the addition of Lang and Perreault and the up and coming of Bolland and Kontiola, he wouldn't have made the team. Still would have liked to see him playing for Rockford.

JT has been head and shoulders above the rest of the prospects. With and without the puck he looks great. The only thing slowing him down has been the poor ice conditions. If the Hawks don't give Seabrook the 'C' this year, JT will be wearing it by next year.

i would assume he would be in the AHL either way, i believe they have til august if im right to sign him before he becomes a free agent, he will be in the AHL this year, its just a matter of where if he becomes a free agent. he will be the best ever former sioux!!

anyone in the new jersey ring know whats up with parise and a new contract? i have read some stuff saying they might not offer and then wait for a team to offer him a contract s hes restricted. vanek just got 50 million over 7 years as buffalo matched edmontons offer, should be interesting, i say he gets a 5 year deal in the 20 million range?? maybe more, thanks

anyone in the new jersey ring know whats up with parise and a new contract? i have read some stuff saying they might not offer and then wait for a team to offer him a contract s hes restricted. vanek just got 50 million over 7 years as buffalo matched edmontons offer, should be interesting, i say he gets a 5 year deal in the 20 million range?? maybe more, thanks

Well the consensus rumor is that Lowe will go after Parise if he can't get Vanek . . . and believe it or not most Devils fans believe that if Zach signs an offer sheet then Lou Lams will let him walk for picks due to his whole "best interest of the team before the best interest of an individual player" manner of thinking . . . However, most devils fans don't believe Parise would even consider signing an offer sheet in the first place so, uh yeah . . .

Parise has stated that he likes NJ, and that he and Lou have talked about signing a long term deal. Plus we've got his brother in the system. If Parise's aunt's husband's second cousin's nephew's half-brother played hockey the Devils would probably sign him in an effort to avoid another Neidermayer situation.

I have heard that Lou will talk with Zach's agent next week and hammer out a deal. Most believe it will be a 5 or 6 year deal with a graduation in salary over the last few years of the contract. What Zach gets will depend on whether the Devs land Souray and what we sign Paul Martin for, as he declined arbitration in order to negotiate a long term deal.

Also as an aside, I was in Indiana this past week visiting family and I saw a guy in the Indianapolis International Airport wearing a Fighting Sioux Hockey shirt.

Also as an aside, I was in Indiana this past week visiting family and I saw a guy in the Indianapolis International Airport wearing a Fighting Sioux Hockey shirt.

I always wear my Sioux Hockey t-shirt wherever I go in airports...I've gotten comments as far away as Raleigh-Durham, North Carolina. Proud to be Sioux!

I always wear my Sioux Hockey t-shirt wherever I go in airports...I've gotten comments as far away as Raleigh-Durham, North Carolina. Proud to be Sioux!

hey, if I saw you in RDU i would say hey as well haha. Wish i knew who that was, would like to find a fellow sioux fan around here :-P

I wear my Sioux cap or visor whenever I'm out and about on weekends; Colorado, New Mexico, Utah and Arizona (I'm near Four Corners). Haven't met a Sioux fan yet but I'm making new ones!! :) I have also had a few Navajos want to know where they can get one for themselves. The general consensus is that the logo is outstanding!! One person did ask me what/who our mascot was and she looked puzzled when I told her we didn't have one.

Fighting Sioux fan forever!!!

an interesting tidbit.....Scott Clemmensen signed out of free agency with the Maple Leafs, so do you guys think Parise will get a shot to be backup to Brodeur this season? at least some?

i would say probably not but hell, you never know..i thought it may take him 3-4 years to get that roll if he even ever gets the call up in his career. they signed fomer rangwer kevin weekes to be the backup, i dont see jpar seeing the nhl anytime soon

i would say probably not but hell, you never know..i thought it may take him 3-4 years to get that roll if he even ever gets the call up in his career. they signed fomer rangwer kevin weekes to be the backup, i dont see jpar seeing the nhl anytime soon

I agree, but it will be interesting to see who will. Frank Doyle had a mediocre year with Lowell last year and he's a free agent anyways. I have no clue who the Devils' ECHL goaltenders are. I mention this only because often times they'll send one goaltender to the AHL and another the ECHL not based upon performance factors, but rather playing time factors (surely not the sole reasoning but a component for sure).

They may try to land a free agent backup for cheap if they can find one. It worked well for the Wild (Backstrom)

oh yeah i forgot about weekes. well, weekes is a good backup goalie. so jpar probably wont have many chances, unless weekes or brodeur get injured. Doyle and Parise both had almost the same kind of mediocre year last season. But it was Parise's first. i guess it all goes off opportunity and skill at that time....and yes, then there is the ECHL as well....we will see

oh yeah i forgot about weekes. well, weekes is a good backup goalie. so jpar probably wont have many chances, unless weekes or brodeur get injured. Doyle and Parise both had almost the same kind of mediocre year last season. But it was Parise's first. i guess it all goes off opportunity and skill at that time....and yes, then there is the ECHL as well....we will see

Didn't know the Devs signed Weekes.

I thought I read that the Devs staff was ok with Parise's rookie AHL campaign. The thing is, Doyle's mediocre year was his contract year. May be lights out for an NHL contract with the Devs at least. I'm sure he'll catch on either an AHL team if he isn't resigned by the Devs or signed by another NHL club.