SiouxSports.com Forum

former players

schmidtdoggydog

NDFlyer, I have just one question for you: How long did you play in Austria?? Better yet, why don't you just fill us all in on how many Austria league games you have watched and since you obviously are an expert on European leagues and their ability to help a player's development, why don't you set forth a plan for all those other hockey players that are thinking of playing in Europe only to one day play in the NHL.

LMAO

Maybe we could just drop the subject as to whether or not people on this board think JPar did the right thing. Why don't we just wish him the best and perhaps even give him some credit. He is in the process of recovering from a fairly serious injury and perhaps he thinks this will be the best option for him to get back into shape and prepared for next year, or the next 5 years. There could potentially be more than just 2 steps involved in him making the NHL, if he does in fact make it.

Good point, he had hip surgery what like 4 or 5 months ago? that is not something that you recover quickly from...it took my neighbor about a year to fully recover......i now have another neighbor recovering from the same thing and he can barely move almost a month after the surgery.

Maybe we could just drop the subject as to whether or not people on this board think JPar did the right thing. Why don't we just wish him the best and perhaps even give him some credit. He is in the process of recovering from a fairly serious injury and perhaps he thinks this will be the best option for him to get back into shape and prepared for next year, or the next 5 years. There could potentially be more than just 2 steps involved in him making the NHL, if he does in fact make it.

Yep!! Some posters seem to get vicarious enjoyment putting players down for whatever.....

Good luck, Jordy! Enjoy doing what you love, not many can. :)

But the majority of posters on this board believe that the simple act of donning a green and white hockey jersey automatically entitles that player to an NHL career.

Sorry to shatter all of your hopes and dreams.

But the majority of posters on this board believe that the simple act of donning a green and white hockey jersey automatically entitles that player to an NHL career.

???? How did you form that assumption? :)

Seems to me the majority of posters on this board have, lately, enjoyed putting down the talent of current and and former players.

???? How did you form that assumption? :)

Seems to me the majority of posters on this board have, lately, enjoyed putting down the talent of current and and former players.

Please stop all of your hand wringing and crying. Simply stating that a certain league is not a "springboard" to the NHL or that a certain player may not be good enough to play in the NHL does not constitute bashing nor does it mean that the poster enjoys bashing a player. YOU are the one proceeding on misguided assumptions.

Sorry to shatter all of your hopes and dreams.

Not one person has said that. :)

Anyone who wants to play pro hockey should go do it. More power to them.

But do not delude yourselves into believing that Austria is the way to the NHL. That is laughable.

NDFlyer So if we go back 4-5 years ago are you one of the people that said JPAR was only playing at UND because of Zach?

NDFlyer So if we go back 4-5 years ago are you one of the people that said JPAR was only playing at UND because of Zach?

One final footnote while we are on the subject: I distinctly recall arguing with some UND fan about J.P. while standing in the tent next to Al Hrabosky's sports bar in St. Louis approximately 15 months ago. He referred to him Brodeur's "heir apparent." I said he was wrong.

No. I had never seen him play prior to his UND career. I had no basis for offering an opinion either way.

So Why are you hacking on him so hard? Jordan Parise was a pretty good goalie and suffered through an injury.

I just wish him well. Beside how do we know that playing in Austria is such a bad deal? Like I mentioned earlier Johnny Pohl said playing EUROPE is compariable to playing in the USA same money only they pay your housing. So basically Jordan is making more money than us to play a kids game. I am not trying to pick a fight with you but 70,000 -200,000 to play a game is pretty cool.

I don't think he is going to stop pursuing his dream of playing in the NHL or the AHL because a Sioux fan on a message board

said he can't make the NHL.

Many are implying it. It is neither fair nor accurate to allege that the stating of a simple and obvious fact constitutes "bashing." Ridiculous.

Not seeing it. I think people were wishing him to do well. Two different thing. :)

I am hacking at the assertion that this Austro league is a "springboard" to the NHL. It would apply to any player. If I could I would play pro hockey at any level and wouldn't care what some message board poster said even if he were correct.

I agree with you that it is "possible" that he can one day play in the NHL. One of my all time favorite players, Dave Poulin, came from a crap college hockey program and became one of the all time great Flyers. Poulin was undrafted and played in Sweden before being signed by the Flyers.

However, I am not going to compare the Swedish Elite League to hockey in Austria.

If anything your presenting yourself as an expert. :)

Look, if you are arguing that this Salzburg team or the league in which it plays produces NHL players please name them.

It has nothing to do with expertise. It has everything to do with facts.

LOL!

A perfect example of how things are misinterpreted around here. My username has nothing to do with airplanes.

BTW, Goon, I as talking to Sioux-cia, not you, so lighten up.

Go drive a tractor then, no to speak for Sioux-cia but I don't think she was also trying to come off as a know it all.

Look, if you are arguing that this Salzburg team or the league in which it plays produces NHL players please name them.

It has nothing to do with expertise. It has everything to do with facts.

It is about playing hockey and getting paid. How much are you making to play hockey?

Ah, I thought so.

LOL! Way too funny. If the only people allowed to give an opinion on a player or a league were those who earn a living playing hockey then this board would die a quick death, would it not?

Again, there you go acting as if you are some sort of hockey authority.

Also, you are wrong about the tractor. Not too quick are you, Goon?