SiouxSports.com Forum

former players

schmidtdoggydog

Bayda was one of the only players for Carolina really skating out there tonight. Everyone looked dead. Bayda stood up against Boullion in the 2nd, pretty much fighting him. Commodore skated for 19 minutes, was +1, but that was about it.

That is the second game this week the Habs have lit up a divison foe, they bombed the bruins the other night and the canes tonight.

10/27/07

potential sioux in nhl tonight

http://scores.espn.go.com/nhl/scoreboard

ottawa @ zpar, zajac and the devils

carolina and commodore @ islanders (bayda sent down today)

jason blake and leafs @ ny rangers

stafford and sabres @ tampa bay (smaby has been sent down by TB)

atlanta @ toews and the hawks

washington @ st louis and ryan johnson

matt greene and oilers @ LA (brady murray has been sent down for LA)

dallas @ matt jones and coyotes

Anyone else watching the opening for the Devils game? They just had a phenominal introduction for their new arena. KICKASS!

Yup, just got back from The Rock. Game pretty much sucked, but the arena is ridiculous.

Here's a picture of Zach taking the ice for the first time at The Rock.

I taped the whole pre-game intro from my seat, and I'll post it if anyone's interested in seeing it.

Yup, just got back from The Rock. Game pretty much sucked, but the arena is ridiculous.

Here's a picture of Zach taking the ice for the first time at The Rock.

I taped the whole pre-game intro from my seat, and I'll post it if anyone's interested in seeing it.

Ended up watching a few periods of that game, they got worked by the senators tonight.

The Devils look average.

Brian Lee is Binghamton's second-leading scorer through the team's first eight games:

1g 8a 9 pts +3 0PIM

Kid must be getting some playing time, he's also second in shots attempted, at 21.

I read when they sent him down that he would be a top four d-man in Binghamton and see time on the power play. He is a talented kid so he may really progress in the next year or so and stick in Ottawa.

I read when they sent him down that he would be a top four d-man in Binghamton and see time on the power play. He is a talented kid so he may really progress in the next year or so and stick in Ottawa.

Just wanted to let you guys know that this is the same Brian Lee that everyone hated when he played at UND. Everyone said he wasn't good enough to make it. Looks like he might have a shot at being called up before the season's over if he keeps this up.

Just wanted to let you guys know that this is the same Brian Lee that everyone hated when he played at UND. Everyone said he wasn't good enough to make it. Looks like he might have a shot at being called up before the season's over if he keeps this up.

Nah. He still sucks. :silly:

Parise and Zajac have been reunited . . . Sutter is moving Parise back to LW from Center, and Zajac will center a line with him and Gionta.

Also, the Devils had a little skating challenge in practice today, and Parise got beat by John Madden, which I find hard to believe.

Q&A with JT

http://sports.espn.go.com/nhl/columns/stor...&id=3086551

Question from DJ (Richfield, Minn.): Why did you choose North Dakota over Junior?

A: I think it started at Shattuck. I grew so close to my friends and a lot of my buddies were committed to college and two of my closest friends were going to North Dakota. North Dakota seemed to be perfect to me. It was close to home, the arena was unbelievable, and I got chills when I watched my first game there. I felt like it was my calling. It just felt right.

Q&A with JT

http://sports.espn.go.com/nhl/columns/stor...&id=3086551

Question from DJ (Richfield, Minn.): Why did you choose North Dakota over Junior?

A: I think it started at Shattuck. I grew so close to my friends and a lot of my buddies were committed to college and two of my closest friends were going to North Dakota. North Dakota seemed to be perfect to me. It was close to home, the arena was unbelievable, and I got chills when I watched my first game there. I felt like it was my calling. It just felt right.

Question from MJ (UND alum trapped in Madison/Badgerland): What is it about the University of North Dakota program that prepares players such as yourself (as well as Zach Parise, Travis Zajac) to adapt so quickly to the NHL game? Also, is there anything better than postgame food at the Red Pepper?

A: No, the Red Pepper rules. The whole turkey grinder with a tall glass of milk, please.