SiouxSports.com Forum

former players

schmidtdoggydog

Article on Matt Jones

It mentions Karl Goehring as well.

It is more about families and coping with husbands who have a "rough life."

That is a touching article. I know Karl lives in Grand Forks, ND during the off season because I see him and his wife and kid walking down the street every once in a while.

Speaking of goalies Eddie Belfour was honored before the Leafs and Bruins game at center ice for breaking Terry Sawchucks record of wins. His dog even made it to center ice.

David Hale was finally called up (Dan McGillis sent to Albany). This is my one night home between Christmas trip and the Denver Cup so while I came close to changing my mind based on the callup, I didn't. There is some bad news - he got stuck with #2. That is not a good number for D with the Devils; they either suck or have bad luck/don't last with the team. Sometimes they suck and don't last. Hale is the third guy to wear it this year - hopefully that's it.

Islanders Blake out with injury.

Notes from yesterdays game:The Islanders were without forward Jason Blake, the team's leader with 17 goals. He bruised ribs in Wednesday's overtime win against Florida and is likely to miss Saturday's rematch.

David Hale engages in a fight tonight. No real winner. Hale got a few good jabs in at the beginning of the fight, but than spent the remainder of the fight dodging and doing a little tango with his opponent. Fun to watch though, and earned players respect, as evidenced by stick slappings on the boards following the fight.

Local reports out of Ottawa have Bochenski back on the ice for the two games against Toronto later this month or possibly as early as this Saturday's game in Edmonton. It would obviously be nice if he was able to play at the Ex next Monday.

I am not going to jinx him or myself by buying more advance tickets to a Senators game. Shortly after I bought my first set he was demoted and after my second set he got injured. I am waiting until gameday this time for whatever is left and I will have my Sioux Jersey on of course. I might get roughed up in my Habs Jersey :D

I am not going to jinx him or myself by buying more advance tickets to a Senators game. Shortly after I bought my first set he was demoted and after my second set he got injured. I am waiting until gameday this time for whatever is left and I will have my Sioux Jersey on of course. I might get roughed up in my Habs Jersey :D

Um, maybe you should just stay away...