SiouxSports.com Forum

former players

schmidtdoggydog

Check this site out......Jason Blake gets in a fight with Ben Clymer.  Blake needs to stick to skating fast and scoring goals.  He ends up pretty bloody in this one.

http://www.hockeyfights.com/videos/

The fight was on Oct. 13th

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

You have to love watching a former Fighting Sioux fighting a former Gopher.

Blake also scored a goal in this game.

Check this site out......Jason Blake gets in a fight with Ben Clymer.  Blake needs to stick to skating fast and scoring goals.  He ends up pretty bloody in this one.

The fight was on Oct. 13th

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Don't think it was the fight so much as it was the stick to the face that brought on the fight that caused most of the blood. Dirty Gopher. :crazy:

Lee Goren fought against a Wild player last night.  I think he also had a goal or an assist in the game.  I believe he was interviewed during the first intermission. but I couldn't hear it.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Goren's fight is now available to view. Goren takes a few and gives a couple. Not much to it, but if you would like to see it go to:

The Godard vs. Brashear is worth checking out as well

Wow, it took Goren a little while to wake up. I thought those two were feeling each other, well, I thought they were a little friendly to start with, then Ferguson jacks Goren a few times. Goren finally got a couple in there, and then impressively through Ferguson to the ground.

There is an article about Bochenski in the latest ESPN Magazine. It mentions that Ottawa's PA announcer called him Bryan when he was announced as the first star in a preseason game. It goes on to mention his scoring 62 goals his last two years at UND and he and Spezza leading the AHL in scoring for rookies and overall respectively. If you have an ESPN Insider account, you can read it here: http://insider.espn.go.com/insider/magazine/index

I can't believe David is still down.  He dominates the AHL.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

David is down for the same reason as Greene is down: Playing time. Secondary reasons for them being down are different though. Hale is a victim to roster size. They dont' have the roster space for him at the moment.

During the 1st intermission of the wild/canucks game Lee Goren just got interviewed. Not sure if anyone else saw it but it was kinda cool seeing that.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I saw it. He's also scored a goal that hasn't officially been credited to him. I hope it is.

I saw it. He's also scored a goal that hasn't officially been credited to him. I hope it is.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

It clearly was scored by him. I sat and watched the puck go off the backhand of his stick and in. It's either that or Manny Fernandez took his glove hand and pushed the puck into the net from just outside his own crease.

It was a nice goal.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Still Ruutu on the official score sheet and the write-up says:

Jarkko Ruutu fought off Brent Burns in the Wild crease 13:45 into the game, and whacked a Salo rebound past Fernandez to give the Canucks a lead to work with.

It was obvious on the replay that Goren scored, can't believe they haven't got it right.

You can watch the video of the goal on the canucks site - http://www.vancouvercanucks.com, "Post Game Highlights" link.

It was Goren who did the forechecking behind the net and set up the eventual goal that was given to Ruutu.

Got the Center Ice package last week on DirecTV. Was watching Boston Bruins-Toronto Maple Leafs game Monday night, the 3rd Period and OT was some of the most wide open hockey I've ever seen. Toronto ended up winning thanks to Mr. Eddie Belfour. Eddie ended up being 1st star of the game despite letting in 4 goals...if you would've seen the saves he made in the 3rd and OT you'd have to agree...Eddie deserved to be the 1st star.

Great find...I remember Kevin Maxwell well...82 points his freshman year...simply awesome.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Would have been fun if he would have stayed longer. Just throwing this out there..... how many more titles do you think we could have if our guys would have stayed till the end of their senior years?;)

Would have been fun if he would have stayed longer. Just throwing this out there..... how many more titles do you think we could have if our guys would have stayed till the end of their senior years?;)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

The Fighting Sioux would have won 20 more...therefore giving us 27 Titles which is 1 more than the New York Yankees.

The Fighting Sioux would have won 20 more...therefore giving us 27 Titles which is 1 more than the New York Yankees.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Of course, we'd have to assume that no other college loses any of their players early either.

Anyone know what Brady Murray is doing?