SiouxSports.com Forum

former players

schmidtdoggydog

Is this going to be Commodore's lot in life?  Being traded from team to team to team? New Jersey, Anahiem, Calgary and now Carolina.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

As it relates to former Sioux players, this seems to be more of a rule than an exception. Of the 60 or so former players that have played at least one game in the NHL only 15 or so have played their entire career for only one team and in those situations it has usually been a very short NHL career.

For former Sioux making the big league, the average number of teams played for is around 2.8, but there are guys like Hrkac with NINE teams and Dennis Hextall and Dixon Ward with SIX teams and Troy Murray and Garry Valk with FIVE teams.

Considering Commodore never played an official game with Anaheim and has yet to lace them up with Carolina, he is under the average with only two teams played for.

A few former Sioux now Unrestricted Free Agents:

UNRESTRICTED FREE AGENTS -- GROUP 6

The following players qualify for unrestricted free agency, having met the requirements for Group 6 free agency. These players, whose contracts have expired, are age 25 or older, have completed three or more professional seasons, and (i) in the case of a player other than a goaltender, have played less than 80 NHL games (regular-season and playoff), or (ii) in the case of a goaltender, have played less than 28 NHL games (regular-season and playoff).

COLORADO

Chris Bala, Mathieu Darche, Andre Savage, D.J. Smith, Jeff Ulmer.

COLUMBUS

Francois Beauchemin, Karl Goehring, Mark Hartigan, Zenith Komarniski, Andre Lakos, Kent McDonell, Brad Moran, Jeff Panzer, Jeremy Reich, Darrel Scoville.

http://www.nhl.com/players/freelist05.html

game worn syracuse cruch jaf panzer jersey on ebay

http://cgi.ebay.com/AHL-Syracuse-Crunch-ga...1QQcmdZViewItem

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I was hoping no one would find out about this and they would keep dropping the starting price until it was like $150. I need the home jersey to go along with the road jersey I have. No chance of that happening now. Thanks alot. :ohmy:

my bad diggler, these seem to go for a nice price on ebay..should we delete our posts here so its all yours :ohmy:

I was hoping no one would find out about this and they would keep dropping the starting price until it was like $150. I need the home jersey to go along with the road jersey I have. No chance of that happening now. Thanks alot. :huh:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Nah, that's OK. I already have one jersey from this year, don't really need another one. A guy was selling Panzer's alternate jersey a couple months ago and couldn't sell it at $200. I was tempted to get it because I've heard the guy is a jerk and I know for a fact that he paid about $300 for it. Him losing money would be funny! :ohmy:

Anyone know why David Hale isn't on the Devils' website?  He must play and DeMarchi must make the team as I can't deal with seeing Bad Vlad Malakhov or Sean Brown on the ice for the Devils.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Last I checked, Hale was a restricted free agent that had been tendered a qualifying offer from NJ. Don't know if that means he signed it or whatnot.

zach parise named #15 of top 50 fall 2005 NHL prospects...

http://www.hockeysfuture.com/article.php?sid=7858

15. Zach Parise, C, New Jersey Devils

Leaving the University of North Dakota following his sophomore season, Parise jumped into the starting line-up for the Albany River Rats of the AHL. There he demonstrated top playmaking ability and puck distribution skills while centering the top scoring line. Parise is a flashy offensive prospect with good defensive skills despite his diminutive size, listed at 5

zach parise named #15 of top 50 fall 2005 NHL prospects...

http://www.hockeysfuture.com/article.php?sid=7858

15. Zach Parise, C, New Jersey Devils

Leaving the University of North Dakota following his sophomore season, Parise jumped into the starting line-up for the Albany River Rats of the AHL. There he demonstrated top playmaking ability and puck distribution skills while centering the top scoring line. Parise is a flashy offensive prospect with good defensive skills despite his diminutive size, listed at 5

• 2 weeks later...
matt greene news........

http://www.hockeysfuture.com/article.php?sid=7887

Perhaps the most applauded signing of the summer was that of former North Dakota rearguard and captain Matt Greene. The player the Oilers have hoped would turn pro for a couple summers finally did on August 15th.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

An interesting thing I took from that article was Pendregast's attitude on Greene's chances. I interpretted it to be, "He's NHL ready now, but if we have to choose between platooning him and starting him in Des Moines, he's off to Des Moines."

And he also said something about the AHL timetable if that were to happen to be about a month.

Do you think any of this hype could raise Greene's stress levels at all? I am told that hype can have adverse effects on performance.

Anybody have the full scoop on who's where yet?  I've been looking around and have only been able to find Parise, Bo, Green, Jones, Commodore, Bayda - nothing on Roche, Panzer, Goehring etc.  Any news on any other alum?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Roche, as far as I know, is still with Chicago Wolves (AHL).

Panzer - dunno

Goehring is a free agent.