SiouxSports.com Forum

Sioux on satellite?

northfieldsioux22

I did not have any signal on the 12187 frequency. I had to do a power-scan, and the FSSN finally showed up, but the frequency was 12191. Why is that? Sounds like everyone else found it on the coordinates that UND released.

doing a power scan the LNB can be off by up to 5 with no issues. I know when I scan Ohio News Network on another satellite I get a different frequency each time. The "stock" frequency (the published one) is 11733 but I have seen it on any different frequency from 11731 to 11738

If you want when the next game is (Oct 18 FB game) do a manual scan and log it in at the coordinates posted

doing a power scan the LNB can be off by up to 5 with no issues. I know when I scan Ohio News Network on another satellite I get a different frequency each time. The "stock" frequency (the published one) is 11733 but I have seen it on any different frequency from 11731 to 11738

If you want when the next game is (Oct 18 FB game) do a manual scan and log it in at the coordinates posted

That is what I was trying to do last night. I added a TP to the G 11 bird at 91 W, with the coordinates on the UND website, and tried a TP scan but had no signal at all on that TP. This is normally what I do in order to get Montana Football games as well. After screwing around for an hour and a half, I finally reset my system to factory default, and just did a power-scan of 91W, and the game came in at 12191 V. I had the same problem last season. The last 3-4 games of the season, I was only able to find the hockey games on a frequency just a few notches off from that which was posted on the Ralph's website. Never have I had any trouble scanning in a channel posted on sattelliteguys.us. Only the FSSN.

If the frequency is off by a couple I wouldn't worry about it. At least it came in. I know on one of my boxes the frequency has to be nuts on for it to lock so I have to futz with the frequency sometimes.

What receiver is it? (you mention powerscan so I assume Fortec?)

love it

You add your own hard drive but the box is rock solid stable. Here is the review I did a while back. The box has had a few updates on it which was documented

motor control is solid

blind scan is really good

channel editing/removal/moving is a snap

I know they're going under 100 bucks right now(which is more than I paid when I bought mine originally)..You can use the thumb drives if you dont want to use a hard drive

If you use the hard drive then you can download it to your computer for easy playback or play it through the receiver

How was everyone's signal in the Twin Cities? I live in Western metro and was getting anywhere from 36% to 46% quality on my fixed dish. (Satworks 3618)

A few flickers, but good for the most part....it was totally overcast on Sunday so I was wondering if anyone else experienced any quality issues...

How was everyone's signal in the Twin Cities? I live in Western metro and was getting anywhere from 36% to 46% quality on my fixed dish. (Satworks 3618)

A few flickers, but good for the most part....it was totally overcast on Sunday so I was wondering if anyone else experienced any quality issues...

I was getting around 73% signal Quality, you can expect half that on a Satworks receiver. Maybe time for a re-tweak or to upgrade the LNB. Also check all cable ends.

The New LNB's these days have much lower noise level and better quality that just a few years ago (Sounds like you may have a gret "Spitfield" LNB

• Downvote 1

I had same issues on 3618 from western metro - bit more than a few flickers, but overall decent. I thought maybe I am not hitting the satellite very well and would try to physically fine tune it during FB on the 18th.

PSB - any thoughts - would that help? And thanks in advance!

I had same issues on 3618 from western metro - bit more than a few flickers, but overall decent. I thought maybe I am not hitting the satellite very well and would try to physically fine tune it during FB on the 18th.

PSB - any thoughts - would that help? And thanks in advance!

As above, make sure there is no more signal to be gained by tweaking the dish (Including skew) if not then maybe an update of the LNB will help. I found the new JSC321s LNB's to work VERY well, they cost around $22 shipped but perform like the Top of the Range Invacom LNB's!!!

• Downvote 1

I too am in west metro of MSP (NW corner of the loop) and also use a satworks 3618 on a fixed dish. On Sunday I was locked in around 48 with little variance. I had 2 very brief hiccups during the game that may have been the feed itself. I use an old Directway dish and lnb (that I got from PSB) as an upgrade from a 75cm dish.

Prior to my current dish, I upgraded the LNB on the 75cm dish to a low noise unit. It gained me several "points" of signal strength. I've noticed over the years that on my Satworks a signal of 36 gives an annoying picture, 37 no problem, 35 is unwatchable, and 34....forget it. If you were fluctuating down to 36 on Sunday, I would defintely look to make a "fix"--whatever that may entail. My thought is to fix it now rather than when its 10 degrees.

since each box is different on the meter you'll get varying results

Coolsat 5000-78

Visionsat-84

Captiveworks-58

Coolsat 8000-99 (this is the oddball one)

If you were fluctuating down to 36 on Sunday, I would defintely look to make a "fix"--whatever that may entail. My thought is to fix it now rather than when its 10 degrees.

so true. Nothing sucks than trying to fix the dish in +10 or swapping a switch in a pouring rain (done both numerous times)

If your LNB is a couple of years old, get a new one (they're cheap). I did this last year and it made a big difference.

For $22 shipped, you can't beat the JSC321s from Pete. Matches what is considered by many the best lnb on the market, the invacom snh031 point for point, at less than half the price.

I use the jsc321s and also have a near new Xtreme II as a backup.

• 4 weeks later...
Our signal was at 99% for the whole game (on our 3+ year old Traxis system)...never seen that before!

I wonder if the signal was so strong because the Friday night game was also on the NHL Network? I saw 92% on my system during Friday night. Saturday night did not seem to be as strong a signal (although I was not able to check since I recorded the game and watched it later), but I noticed an occasional breakup on Saturday night where as Friday night no problems.

I wonder if the signal was so strong because the Friday night game was also on the NHL Network? I saw 92% on my system during Friday night. Saturday night did not seem to be as strong a signal (although I was not able to check since I recorded the game and watched it later), but I noticed an occasional breakup on Saturday night where as Friday night no problems.

The first game against Manitoba my dish was in the 40s...since then every hockey game and one football game have all been in the high 80s...no complaints from Eden Prairie...Go Sioux!

Friday, Oct. 31, Wisconsin @ North Dakota, 8:30 PM ET

Friday, Nov. 7, Ferris State @ Miami (Ohio), 7:30 PM ET (US only)

Friday, Nov. 14, Alaska Anchorage @ North Dakota, 8:30 PM ET (US only)

Friday, Nov. 21, Michigan @ Miami (Ohio) 7:30 PM ET

Friday, Nov. 28, Cornell @ North Dakota, 8:30 PM ET (US only)

Friday, Dec. 5, St. Lawrence @ Colgate, 7:00 PM ET

Friday, Dec. 12, Notre Dame @ Bowling Green, 7:00 PM ET

Friday, Dec. 19, Clarkson @ Bowling Green, 7:00 PM ET

Friday, Jan. 9, Minnesota Duluth @ St. Cloud State, 8:00 PM ET

Friday, Jan. 16, Cornell @ Union, 7:30 PM ET (US only)

Friday, Jan. 23, Brown @ Colgate, 7:30 PM ET

Friday, Jan. 30, Bowling Green @ Miami, 7:30 PM ET (US only)

Friday, Feb. 6, Denver @ Minnesota Duluth, 8:00 PM ET (US only)

Friday, Feb. 13, Yale @ Union, 7:30 PM ET

Friday, Feb. 20, Denver @ Wisconsin, 8:00 PM ET

Friday, Feb. 27, Ohio State @ Miami, 7:30 PM ET

Friday, Mar. 20, ECAC Hockey Semifinal No. 1, 4:00 PM ET

Friday, Mar. 20, ECAC Hockey Semifinal No. 2, 7:30 PM ET

Saturday, Mar. 21, ECAC Hockey Final, 7:00 PM ET**

• 2 weeks later...

OK, I'm looking for help here. I live in Marquette, MI and have been watching on dish for 2 years and was able to guess and move to 93 west last year and had no problems. This year,I've tried everything I've read on here, watched the videos and no luck.

Finally paid a local guy to come over to help me aim, but he doesn't have very sophisticated equipment. Now we're pretty sure we've got a signal from 91 west, but I still can't get my receiver (Pansat 2700A) to scan in any channels at all. He seems to think that my box might need an upgrade, but would that make a difference because I'm not getting any channels?

I'm at my wit's end here. Any advice would be welcome. Thanks to NHL Network, I'll see a couple of games, and I've also paid for the streaming video. But I want to watch on my big screen!

OK, I'm looking for help here. I live in Marquette, MI and have been watching on dish for 2 years and was able to guess and move to 93 west last year and had no problems. This year,I've tried everything I've read on here, watched the videos and no luck.

Finally paid a local guy to come over to help me aim, but he doesn't have very sophisticated equipment. Now we're pretty sure we've got a signal from 91 west, but I still can't get my receiver (Pansat 2700A) to scan in any channels at all. He seems to think that my box might need an upgrade, but would that make a difference because I'm not getting any channels?

I'm at my wit's end here. Any advice would be welcome. Thanks to NHL Network, I'll see a couple of games, and I've also paid for the streaming video. But I want to watch on my big screen!

Snow squalls and strong winds here in Northwest ND this morning, but I did scan in 2 channels on 2 tps this morning (only 45-50 quality on the traxis, not very good), as follows:

Channelname: Tape Feed Freq: 12074 Polarity: H Symbol Rate: 06612

Channelname: No Name Freq: 11943 Polarity: V Symbol Rate: 03972 Occasionally this channel does a news report from KOMO ABC 4 TV in Seattle, otherwise just a test card

Try both of these if you know how to enter tp's in your pansat to see if you're pointed at 91W, or try the FSSN tp at game time(12187 V 4880). The good news is the FSSN has been the strongest tp on the satellite, so trying that tp at game time should tell you if you're correctly pointed. I'll scan later if our weather improves and let you know if I scan in more tps. I had previously scanned in 30 live tp's on that satellite but only 3 showed some quality this morning.

As you know, the turn from 93 to 91 is very slight; you should also make a small scew adjustment by turning your lnb a small amount clockwise.

If all else fails try a Blind scan, then let us know what channels you pick up and at what Freq. We can then tell you what way to move the dish and if the LNB is setup correctly!

I don't really understand what a blind scan is. I have options for satellite scan and a "smart Search" option that can scan both horizontal and vertical. Would this be it?

Gotta get back to work now. Thanks for the replies.