SiouxSports.com Forum

Sioux on satellite?

northfieldsioux22

the sound pops in and out. I've done the audio feed switching (R, L, Stereo). I've reset the reciever and re-blind scanned. same result. luckily FSRM has tonights game. looks like yet ANOTHER saturday project.

BTW any clue what's up with all the Steelers ads on FSRM? not that I mind. --One for the OTHER thumb!!

In Chicago you would have these options:

1) Fox College Sports channels (a few games per year)

2) NHL Network channel (a couple games per year)

3) Buy a FTA satellite system for $200 and watch all the Sioux home games (best option for seeing the most games)

4) Find a bar with a FTA satellite that will tune the games in for you. Then post on SiouxSports.com which bar will be showing the games so you have some other sioux fans to watch with.

5) Buy the online video webcasts. Not as good picture as satellite but pretty good. You can buy adapters to put the video on your TV instead of watching the computer screen.

You can see what games are on which channels here: College Hockey Live

Can one of the FTA satellite experts find the Gopher vs Mankato game on tonight? In the past the feed was available without the commercials from Mankato.

Why would you want to watch that crap, Chief?

btw, are you stocked up on beer for tonight? if so, i'm heading over in 30 minutes to watch the Sioux smoke the Clowns

it was out there but at very low signal. Couldnt keep it stable.

But also this year they are sent up differently. They are sent up as 4:2:2 (instead of the standard 4:2:0) so only a few ways to get 4:2:2

PC card or the Quali-TV (only receiver that does 4:2:2 but has a 700 buck price)

FSN North decided instead of reserving transponder space via Minneapolis like they have done in the past they let FSN Headquarters in Houston reserve it for them. HQ likes to use 4:2:2 so very few games that folks can see without the 2 options above

• Upvote 1

Does anyone know if there is college hockey on direct TV?

Just wondering? Like for tonight? Thanks in advance.

Since directtv and dish do not have the digital cable super regional FCS trio that Big Chief mentioned, those same games are on Fox North, Fox Detroit, and Fox Rocky Mountain.

Also, UMass/Maine on ESPNU, Sunday afternoon.

• 1 month later...
Is this transponder still good for pointing to 91W and what channels will show up?

Freq. 12060

Pol. V

SR. 26700

THat one is not live tonight. Try this one; 12050 V 13354

Stations include: $LETN, $KETN, $HSTN, $LTCN, all scrambled, but audio is there

Also, several Occasional Use channels with test screens. There are other stations, but nothing on here is in the clear tonight, but transponder is putting out lots of power.

THat one is not live tonight. Try this one; 12050 V 13354

Stations include: $LETN, $KETN, $HSTN, $LTCN, all scrambled, but audio is there

Also, several Occasional Use channels with test screens. There are other stations, but nothing on here is in the clear tonight, but transponder is putting out lots of power.

the 12060 V 26700 wont be live...It changed to the one you posted :D

also a few data transponders too

11740 V 30000

11800 H 30000

11820 V 30000

nothing on them but great for aiming a dish :D

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

As i dont have a direct connection with NASA's super duper high speed internet access....which I guess is required to watch the games over the internet form the sioux webcast....does anyone know how to take on a lower bandwith speed connection? I have a DSLS line, but with the internet the video just keeps feezing...and all you really get is audio.

Thanks

I'm on 91w

freq 12186

sym 04872

V

At 77% but no FSSN?

Did you scan in anything on that tp?

THe actual FSSN tp is 12187 V 4880. Try changing the freq. and sr a few points either way and see if you get a signal.