SiouxSports.com Forum

Football Attendance

GeauxSioux

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey, that's not so bad. You will do better with the next home games with some good teams coming up there. I guess I don't know exact numbers, but I'd bet you guys are right at our first year attendance.

10,000+ average so far (for frankly 3 D2 games) and only gonna grow! And what do you mean "our" attendance? I thought you were going to Mary and was just a bison wannabee by proxy? I appreciate the more polite tone to your messages though...it makes me feel much calmer about things... :lol:

10,000+ average so far (for frankly 3 D2 games) and only gonna grow! And what do you mean "our" attendance? I thought you were going to Mary and was just a bison wannabee by proxy? I appreciate the more polite tone to your messages though...it makes me feel much calmer about things... :lol:

Wow... Do you really think it is necessary to unload on the guy? That was a nice post from the NDSU fan.

Hey, that's not so bad. You will do better with the next home games with some good teams coming up there. I guess I don't know exact numbers, but I'd bet you guys are right at our first year attendance.

I don't think that's likely. In 2004 NDSU averaged 13,269. For a transitional year schedule, and considering market size I'd say UND is doing pretty good. Gotta build it up year by year.

Through 3 games the Sioux are averaging 10,278 per game. If the capacity is 12,300(?), attendance is at 83.5% of capacity so far. This is without playing any Division I opponents. Without doubt the schedule next year will be markedly better. I hope someone at UND is doing some long range planning to accommodate larger crowds. It's coming. :lol:

• 4 weeks later...
Homecoming last year vs. Augie drew just over 12,100. I'm guessing at least 11,500 this year, and hopefully more.

Since there hasn't been a home game since Sept. 13th and a game at all since Sept 27th i think the drought is enough to bring the crowd together at the Alerus so i predict a sellout! Only 2 home games remain.

Are there any conflicts between the game and hunting to impact attendance? It would be nice to add to the 10,278 average thus far for the season. I'm hoping for 11,800+

It is duck season, but has been open for a week and a half now, so I don't think the impact will be as great as it would have had we had a game on the opener.

The SUU game cooincides with the opening of deer season though, I'd expect that to have an impact.

I'll guess somewhere between 11,000 and 12,000.

12,164 for today's attendance against WWU, bringing the average to 10,750 for the season. The last home game of the year is a night game against SUU. I would hope that that game would only increase the average.

If capacity is 12,300, North Dakota is now just over 87% of capacity. :ohmy:

12,164 for today's attendance against WWU, bringing the average to 10,750 for the season. The last home game of the year is a night game against SUU. I would hope that that game would only increase the average.

If capacity is 12,300, North Dakota is now just over 87% of capacity. :D

If the NCAA recognized transitional schools (even a little)...we would currently be in 35th place for attendance in the FCS.

SOURCE

• 3 weeks later...

Even with the anemic attendance against SUU, UND will end up leading the Great West in average attendance. Cal Poly's average won't exceed UND's, even with a sellout for the Poly-UC-Davis game next week.

Total Average

UND 50837 10167

Cal Poly 49024 9805

UC Davis 54095 9016

USD 30340 7585

SUU 18208 6069

• 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...