SiouxSports.com Forum

Herald Cutting Employees

wyomingsiouxfan

Looks like the Grand Forks Herald has to cut at least 12 positions, so they are offering buyouts. Herald to offer voluntary buyouts

My vote is for Ryan Baaken. If I have to read one more article about his stupid turqouise car, chaperoning school dances, or church dinners, I think I'll puke. His "articles" should actually be called "lists," that's all it seems he can do. Get rid of him and give Brad S. a raise, at least he does something worthwhile. Sorry for the rant. Just my thoughts.

Looks like the Grand Forks Herald has to cut at least 12 positions, so they are offering buyouts. Herald to offer voluntary buyouts

My vote is for Ryan Baaken. If I have to read one more article about his stupid turqouise car, chaperoning school dances, or church dinners, I think I'll puke. His "articles" should actually be called "lists," that's all it seems he can do. Get rid of him and give Brad S. a raise, at least he does something worthwhile. Sorry for the rant. Just my thoughts.

NO!! Don't get rid of Bakken. Then I won't get to read his once a year post on his blog. :huh:

Also, you are right about Schlossman. The guy is a blog-aholic and is just full of interesting info all the time. I wish the the Herald had someone to cover football as religiously as Schlossman covers hockey.

Two words: Doreen Yellowbird. If they cut her, I might just start up my subscription again!

This would VAULT her popularity. Herald cuts her. It doesn't matter why, but it will inevitably be because she is Native American. She could be embezzling money, the Herald catches her and decides to let her keep it and not file charges and lays her off...still the lay off is because the Herald is racist.

No, the biggest mistake the Herald made was hiring her, because the only way to get rid of her is for her to retire or voluntarily leave for another position somewhere else.

I would imagine that they will cut positions that aren't that important or they can afford to cut and or people ready to ready to retire.

I think Goon hit the nail on the head. That's exactly what will happen... if no one volunteers. Marilyn isn't an official Herald/Forum Comm. employee.. Like Darrell Kohler and Naomi Dunavan, she is an adjunct columnist, getting paid by the line inch. They're not salaried, so they aren't affected directly buy the buyouts.

• 2 weeks later...