SiouxSports.com Forum

2009 WJC

siouxweet

I see the Canadian and US camp roster came out and unless I'm blind there are no Sioux on it except for future Sioux recruit Kristo. two years in a row we don't lose anyone to the world juniors? that would be nice considering we play in the GLI over break.

I see the Canadian and US camp roster came out and unless I'm blind there are no Sioux on it except for future Sioux recruit Kristo. two years in a row we don't lose anyone to the world juniors? that would be nice considering we play in the GLI over break.

I actually think that is good news, we don't have to worry about losing games during the X-mas break because there are a bunch of Sioux players on the team of Canada and the USA. :)

If it weren't for his injury Toews would have been on the Team Canada that recently won gold and an invitation to this camp and a higher draft pick would have resulted. If enough junior age players stick with their NHL clubs and he has a good start with the Sioux watch for him to still be a late invite to join the team. Otherwise there are just too many talented 19 year old players available to both Team Canada and Team USA.

... or is it a baraometer of the talent level of our recruits??

I don't think so. Recruits like Toews, Gregoire, Hextall, Gleason, Kristo, etc are all top level recruits that are coming in within the next couple seasons. I think Hakstol and Co have done an excellent job recruiting since he took over for Blais.

I don't think so. Recruits like Toews, Gregoire, Hextall, Gleason, Kristo, etc are all top level recruits that are coming in within the next couple seasons. I think Hakstol and Co have done an excellent job recruiting since he took over for Blais.

First off, like Sioux Hab It said, the Canadian team is stacked. Even a first round draft pick like Travis Zajac didn't even make that team. As for our U.S. players, asside from Kristo, I don't think that we have a real blue chip recruit. Not saying that our U.S. players aren't good, but it isn't really a blue chip class of players like we had in 03 and 05.

First off, like Sioux Hab It said, the Canadian team is stacked. Even a first round draft pick like Travis Zajac didn't even make that team. As for our U.S. players, asside from Kristo, I don't think that we have a real blue chip recruit. Not saying that our U.S. players aren't good, but it isn't really a blue chip class of players like we had in 03 and 05.

Agreed.