SiouxSports.com Forum

Michael Forney

hockeydog

I wouldn't expect him back. He's been weak all his career. I remember back in H.S. he'd always be laying on the ice. bit panzy imho, not that anyone cares about my opinion lol

Make sure you aren't confusing him with Robbie "watch this 2.5 with a full twist" Earl!! :)

I wouldn't expect him back. He's been weak all his career. I remember back in H.S. he'd always be laying on the ice. bit panzy imho, not that anyone cares about my opinion lol

I believe it; no one watches more panzies than Gopher fans.

Be careful what you say Gopher Fan he could be a Gopher in two years

I believe it; no one watches more panzies than Gopher fans.

Sorry, i'm not trying to start anything, but being from warroad, i saw him layin on the ice quite a bit in that marathon Section Finals that TRF ended up winning, (the year he hurt his shoulder the next week in the state tournament.) That whole year i read (minnhock) that supported these claims as well. when he was healthy he was a stand out player, but his biggest knock was his ability to stay healthy.

I saw him about a week ago still wearing his Sioux hockey gear. I wouldn't be surprised to see him back with UND after Green Bay. I think he's a great talent that just needs to regain that confidence after some substantial injuries. He will dominate the USHL.

I saw him about a week ago still wearing his Sioux hockey gear. I wouldn't be surprised to see him back with UND after Green Bay. I think he's a great talent that just needs to regain that confidence after some substantial injuries. He will dominate the USHL.

I talked to Michael last week and he is looking for a fresh start and will not return to UND

Ok so go figure that I'm getting confused.... So if Forns goes to another college after playing in Green Bay, would he still only have 2 years of eligibility left? Or is that only if he comes back to UND?

He will have 2 years of eligibility left regardless of what college he chooses to attend.

A year is a long time, Forney may change his mind (which ever direction its leaning now) by then. With his history of injuries, I don't think alot of schools are going to come calling too quickly. He will need a good year (stats and injury wise) for schools to start looking at him seriously. He also has those 2 years of eligibility against him as well, some schools will be hesitant to offer him a scholarship when they know he will only be available for 2 years. Personally, I would love to see him come back after his stint in the USHL, I don't know if it will happen, but until I hear he has committed elsewhere, I will keep my hopes up. I wish him the best of luck with what ever he decides.

I hope to see Forney back, but if he has a good year in the USHL I doubt too many programs will shy away from him because he only can give them 2 years. He will already have had a couple years in a D1 program to understand what its all about, and will finally have his skates underneath them, likely ready to show the offensive talent that made him a highly recruited forward. I would bet there will be a number of teams that show interest if he has the type of USHL year he is capable of.