SiouxSports.com Forum

Ralph Suggestions

WiSioux

• Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think it would be really cool to have an unofficial 'Alumni Jersey' night next season. I think the exhibition game against Mannitoba would be a great day for siouxsports.com members to wear NHL or International jerseys featuring former Sioux players.

Just a thought. I would wear my Dave Christian 1980 Miracle jersey!

I think it would be really cool to have an unofficial 'Alumni Jersey' night next season. I think the exhibition game against Mannitoba would be a great day for siouxsports.com members to wear NHL or International jerseys featuring former Sioux players.

Just a thought. I would wear my Dave Christian 1980 Miracle jersey!

I'll do it, I also think we need to do an official Siouxsports.com pregame or post game party. Just so many of us can put a face with the name. For example, I think Goon looks like a golden retriever, Sioux-cia just a woman, redwing77 a crazy putter wielder that is a fan of a terrible hockey team, and do you know how many people I believe oddly resemble a Sioux logo, including myself :glare:

I'll do it, I also think we need to do an official Siouxsports.com pregame or post game party. Just so many of us can put a face with the name. For example, I think Goon looks like a golden retriever, Sioux-cia just a woman, redwing77 a crazy putter wielder that is a fan of a terrible hockey team, and do you know how many people I believe oddly resemble a Sioux logo, including myself :glare:

Actually, although you're on a roll, that correct breed of my is Yellow Labrador retriever. He is a full breed that I bought from Windsor Kennels in Crookston, MN I actually did up load my picture to my profile.

goons%20baby%20pictures%20213.JPG

..., Sioux-cia just a woman, ...

Hey!!! Sioux-cia is more than just a woman!!

Given that there have been wrong assumptions about my work on reservations, I thought I'd share these pics.

This is a pic of me (in the middle) after a loooong day in the ER on the Navajo Nation. The shortie is one of the ER's medical administrative assistants (MAS), Ella. She and her family made me a member of their family! We were a 24 hr ER in the middle of no where, not attached to a hospital. Patients that needed to be hospitalized, were stabilized then taken by ambulance, plane or helicopter to the appropriate facility. Among many other things, the MAS' took care of finding a facility that could take our patients. The tall young man was an EMT in training. He's in nursing school now.

th_006.jpg

This is one of me (wearing a University of North Dakota t-shirt) with an Eagle Air Med pilot. I thought he looked a lot like Jake Brandt. About one week after I left the rez, one of their medical transport planes (this is not a picture of one) crashed, killing the pilot, RN and paramedic on board. http://www.flightweb.com/article.php/20071008085939196

th_076.jpg

I enjoy sharing pics but I'll stop now! :glare:

If by "terrible hockey team" you mean "hockey team actually capable of winning the Stanley Cup" then guilty as charged! :D

WOW! Write them a check? Didn't someone do that already? Maybe 160 million isn't enough huh?:glare:?:D

... the old ralph didn't have big giant video screens and a 360 degree electric add machine and I didn't see them in the food lines at the welfare office. Also, students got in for free! and G. Adm. Tickets were 10 bucks! and it was less than 6,000 seats not over 11,000.

Anyone who buys the rational that this is something fans should ACCEPT because it is just business is weak in the mind. Oh and buy the way, that type of attitude is exactly how they get away with it!

i hate to burst your perfect world bubble ya, but universities, athletic programs, and $100 million rinks take money to maintain. why do you think every university has at least one full time fund raising/alumni relations coordinator? because it is a big and important job. just because und got a crapload of money from the englestad foundation, did they stop raising money for the athletic department? no. it takes money to maintain the new ralph, and i would bet good money quite a bit more than the old ralph. it takes money to employ the people who work there. it also takes money to fund an athletic program with all of its sports now transitioning to division I. sure it would be great if tickets were $10, but its not a reality, and wont happen at the ralph. so we either pay what the ticket prices are, which are the same for everyone, or don't buy them and watch them on tv (which i believe every home game is televised). my mind is far from weak, i am just pointing out why things are the way they are, sorry you are so bent out of shape about it. im not going to get into the economics of this with you, but to expect a $10 ticket for a sioux game at the ralph is unrealistic. i have no problem with the students getting in for free, they pay tuition to get their education there, but that isn't my decision. oh, and "buy" the way, i believe they can set their ticket prices independent of my attitude, or yours for that matter.

If by "terrible hockey team" you mean "hockey team actually capable of winning the Stanley Cup" then guilty as charged! :glare:

I will bet you that the Deadthings will not win the Stanley Cup. :D

i hate to burst your perfect world bubble ya, but universities, athletic programs, and $100 million rinks take money to maintain. why do you think every university has at least one full time fund raising/alumni relations coordinator? because it is a big and important job. just because und got a crapload of money from the englestad foundation, did they stop raising money for the athletic department? no. it takes money to maintain the new ralph, and i would bet good money quite a bit more than the old ralph. it takes money to employ the people who work there. it also takes money to fund an athletic program with all of its sports now transitioning to division I. sure it would be great if tickets were $10, but its not a reality, and wont happen at the ralph. so we either pay what the ticket prices are, which are the same for everyone, or don't buy them and watch them on tv (which i believe every home game is televised). my mind is far from weak, i am just pointing out why things are the way they are, sorry you are so bent out of shape about it. im not going to get into the economics of this with you, but to expect a $10 ticket for a sioux game at the ralph is unrealistic. i have no problem with the students getting in for free, they pay tuition to get their education there, but that isn't my decision. oh, and "buy" the way, i believe they can set their ticket prices independent of my attitude, or yours for that matter.

Well said! Look at the ol' Ralph and the new Ralph. The difference in maintenance costs alone probably average more than 100+ to 1. I'm not positive but I seem to remember that the Engelstad bequest specifically states that the U has to pay the costs of up-keep, updates, maintenance, etc.

<---------------------ME!!! :D

Well said! Look at the ol' Ralph and the new Ralph. The difference in maintenance costs alone probably average more than 100+ to 1. I'm not positive but I seem to remember that the Engelstad bequest specifically states that the U has to pay the costs of up-keep, updates, maintenance, etc.

Not well said. My point was in regard to the detrimental act of pumping adds through the delivery devices at the ralph when they should be pumping up the fans!

the contra point made was a suggestion to me that I write them a check.. that was weak.

Now the arguement somehow becomes that I was saying they are charging to much at the gate?.. wow am I debating a female??

Don't change the point please.

If they want to charge 30 bucks go ahead.. just don't mess with the atmosphere with all the adds. Otherwise we would be better off without the new flashy rink and we could go back to to the old building, home of 5 national championship teams where there were no commercials and the only adds were painted on the boards.

now I suppose you wanna debate that?

Naa you say.... good!.. let's all be smart and agree that the Ralph needs to change their production scheme to facilitate crowd energy... then we can get back to an atmosphere that supports a home ice advantage.. or we can just do nothing and stay at the .500 relm and be told where to shop.

..oh and just for the record, if you feel compeled to make an arguement as to the challenges of Paying your bills in a 'got for free' 11,500+ seat arena with two bars, 50 suites, and a store to boot, well then you should call that Zygi fella in Minnesota he might just have a job for you hanging around with some congressmen in St. Paul.

Not well said. My point was in regard to the detrimental act of pumping adds through the delivery devices at the ralph when they should be pumping up the fans!

the contra point made was a suggestion to me that I write them a check.. that was weak.

Now the arguement somehow becomes that I was saying they are charging to much at the gate?.. wow am I debating a female??

Don't change the point please.

If they want to charge 30 bucks go ahead.. just don't mess with the atmosphere with all the adds. Otherwise we would be better off without the new flashy rink and we could go back to to the old building, home of 5 national championship teams where there were no commercials and the only adds were painted on the boards.

now I suppose you wanna debate that?

Naa you say.... good!.. let's all be smart and agree that the Ralph needs to change their production scheme to facilitate crowd energy... then we can get back to an atmosphere that supports a home ice advantage.. or we can just do nothing and stay at the .500 relm and be told where to shop.

..oh and just for the record, if you feel compeled to make an arguement as to the challenges of Paying your bills in a 'got for free' 11,500+ seat arena with two bars, 50 suites, and a store to boot, well then you should call that Zygi fella in Minnesota he might just have a job for you hanging around with some congressmen in St. Paul.

Wow... not getting enough sleep? Relax...

Reading this thread, I believe everyone that has posted thinks there can and should be some changes at REA (not going to rehash them). I don't see any particular need to jump down someone's throat. If I recall correctly, I thought I saw a :glare:. Get it... a :D.

So get some sleep, relax a little and it will all be okay...

WTF is that suppose to mean!?! Yes, I am a female.

It means that, usually when a guy debates a gal, the debate ends up being irrelevant. He may win the debate but he'll lose the war. I mean... in a relationship, you can argue with your gal that you deserve to spend time with the guys whenever you want and she may relent, but it doesn't mean that you won't be sleeping on the couch for a while. :glare:

It's one thing I learned from my dad. When the debate doesn't involve a lot of money or the removal of body parts, just say "Yes, Dear!" :0

And mikeypat - Did you see Zetterberg's goal? WOWZERS!

Here's the link.

It means that, usually when a guy debates a gal, the debate ends up being irrelevant. He may win the debate but he'll lose the war. I mean... in a relationship, you can argue with your gal that you deserve to spend time with the guys whenever you want and she may relent, but it doesn't mean that you won't be sleeping on the couch for a while. :glare:

It's one thing I learned from my dad. When the debate doesn't involve a lot of money or the removal of body parts, just say "Yes, Dear!" :0

And mikeypat - Did you see Zetterberg's goal? WOWZERS!

Here's the link.

Number 1 on SC, Trupp's was better. So Hawks aside, if the Redwings beat the Av's in 4, and by a score of 8-2, how bad were the Wild?

I'm gonna say the Wild weren't as bad last round as the Av's were this round. They got smoked!

I say that both Colorado and Minnesota played well enough to get into the playoffs and proved that Colorado was only barely better than Minnesota. Colorado then went on to prove that regardless of who won the MN/CO series, neither team would have gone any further.

So, it's not necessarily that the Wild stunk as much as I can say that their division produced weaker opponents than initially thought. It's not the AL Central during the first 2 of 3 AL Central titles by the Twins, but it's not that far off.