#1 Wisconsin

#2 Notre Dame

#3 North Dakota

#4 Michigan

#5 UNH

#6 Minnesota

#7 Northeastern

quote:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Despite having never coached at the NCAA Division I level before the 2002-03 season, Eaves and assistants Troy Ward and John Hynes recently put the finishing touches on a 10-member class for 2003-04 that has been anointed the best in the nation by Red Line Report.

"Quality and quantity" were the deciding factors that prompted RLR, a respected independent international scouting review, to rank UW ahead of Notre Dame, North Dakota, Michigan, New Hampshire, Minnesota and Northeastern.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I got this off USCHO.com

#1 Wisconsin

#2 Notre Dame

#3 North Dakota

#4 Michigan

#5 UNH

#6 Minnesota

#7 Northeastern

How can it be UND ahead of UofM, its not possible :blush:

I guess I haven't been watching but why is Wisconsins so good, who do they have coming in?

I guess I haven't been watching but why is Wisconsins so good, who do they have coming in?

I've heard before that they've overall done very well, but the big name is definitely Ryan Suter. You may have noticed his name in the recent discussions of the NHL central scouting service's entry draft list -- he's #7 for N.A. skaters. I don't recognize any other names ahead of him on the list as being incoming NCAA players.

The WCHA entries are in about the order I would've placed them, given my limited knowledge. The one that surprises me is Notre Dame. I knew nothing about them.

Apparently we tried to get the goalie that Wisconins have coming in next fall. But with Eaves, I have talked to a reliable source that says he is a nut case. I wonder how long he will last at Wisconsin... As most of us know 10 freshman in the line up could be murderous...

I don't place a lot credence in what Red Line reports. Notre Dame? Northeastern? UND ahead of Minnesota? Only God knows what these guys have been drinking. :blush:

I think Eaves is a solid coach. However, I think his "pipeline" to the NDTP is about over in a couple of years. Moreover, I'd rather have a guy with 1-2 years in the USHL or BCHL than somebody coming right out of that program.

Minnesota only has 5 players coming in so that plays into why they are down kinda low. That is not an excuse or anything just an observation.

Sconnie's class is #1 based both on sheer numbers and 1 or 2 top recruits like Suter and Brodeur. (Jourdey could be included in there as well) IMO none of the rest are that great but all have the potential to be excellent players.

In the end it doesnt much matter...Sconnie will always be terrible :D:blush:

Moreover, I'd rather have a guy with 1-2 years in the USHL or BCHL than somebody coming right out of that program.

I agree on the above comment Scott. Though the Gophers have had some pretty good success with NTDP players, I feel more comfortable when Lucia recruits like he has this year and lands guys who have had high success against USHL competition than to recruit too much from a NTDP team that is often built more on promise than anything else. Yes, some NTDP players pan out nicely but not as often as some people would like to think.

Though some Badger fans like to use age as a reason for the results, I think it is pretty telling how poorly the US team fared this year against USHL teams in head to head play (and the USHL isn't as "old" as it was years ago as they have more players still attending HS than ever before). Whatever the age, all those kids will be the same next fall as they will all be lumped in as freshman... and I'd rather have more guys who proved themselves against the best in juniors.

Sconnie's class is #1 based both on sheer numbers and 1 or 2 top recruits like Suter and Brodeur. (Jourdey could be included in there as well) IMO none of the rest are that great but all have the potential to be excellent players.

In the end it doesnt much matter...Sconnie will always be terrible :D:blush:

Brodeur was the name of the guy...