SiouxSports.com Forum

goaltender situation

schmidtdoggydog

MK you might be right but, thats does not give DB a right to screw with Sedieve for 2 years and then pull the scholarship with the bad neck excuse. Jordan might work out. Alll I'am saying is if Jordan And Sedeive were that close why would DB pull Sedieve scholarship for Jordan. Think !!!!! MK .

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

MK you might be right but, thats does not give DB a right to screw with Sedieve for 2 years and then pull the scholarship with the bad neck excuse. Jordan might work out. Alll I'am saying is if Jordan And Sedeive were that close why would DB pull Sedieve scholarship for Jordan. Think !!!!!  MK .

I already gave you my answer in my previous post. I don't have the inside scoop, but it might have something to do with durability.

Whether DB has "the right" to do this is a different debate. I was providing a more plausible explanation for Jordan's recruitment than your unsubstantiated theory that bringing in Jordan was part of Zach's deal. My point is that Jordan had better numbers than Sedevie and is probably more durable.

I'm not claiming that Zach's presence at UND had NOTHING to do with Jordan coming here...I'm just arguing against a quid pro quo.

Think !!!!! MK .

It looks and appears that MK has thought this through and isn't simply spouting propoganda. His posts make good sense.

As for Sedevie, I would be upset too if I almost made it to UND, but ended up at Bemidji, but the bottom line is he is damaged goods, healed or not. And after the goaltender fiasco the two years at UND and the fact that UND should contend for a national title this year, neither Blais nor UND can afford damaged goods. LS should count his blessings that a D1 school was still interested in him after his last two serious injuries.

As for Jordan, his USHL numbers were fine and there is absolutely no way Blais used him as the bait to get Zach to UND. If memory serves, not only was Jordan recruited by Mankato, but also an upper tier eastern school so apparently several coaches think he has what it takes to play high end college hockey.

Wow, I thought DB said he had a bad neck.

Did Sedeive get the short end of the stick with the Zach signing in 2002. Did DB tell Zach if he signed with UND over UM he would bring his brother in? Its possible. I not saying that happen, but a deal could have been made. Jordan(20 year) is your average USHL goalie who had no offer in the past and BANG he with UND. It makes sense DB would have done what ever it took to get Zach from the UofM. When he got Zach along came all he's teammates from Shattack.

I'am just throwing this out there. I believe somebody got the shaft.

If you look back at this thread you will see I told you Jordan was coming before he was signed.

There were no deals made. When Zach Parise committed to UND, Jordan wasn't even considered a remote possibility for the Sioux....he hadn't even entered into any conversations. Dean Blais isn't going to put anyone on the team that doesn't deserve a spot, not even someone named Parise. Ever since he was a coach at Internation Falls High School, there have been no favors for anyone. The reason for this is that his son was a Senior on the Falls High School team. There were several underclassmen that were trying to make the team also. During tryouts, Benny Blais told coach Blais that he was going to quit hockey. The reason he did that was because he didn't want his dad to have to make the decision to cut him, or put him on the team because he knew that the younger guys were at his talent level or better.

That is why there will never be any favors for anyone trying to make a Dean Blais team. If you're not as good as someone else, even if your name is Parise, you're not going be given a spot on his team.

Sedevie had a case of very bad luck. First he had the serious leg injury, then he had the serious neck injury. That is the only reason he isn't at UND. Don't make anything more out of it than is really there.

Follow this link to 2002-2003 USHL goalie stats.

The column headings are "hot." You can click one to sort by that category. But be careful what you look at when you are there. You just might find that Jordan Parise is a better (statistical) goaltender by save percentage and GAA last year than not only Layne Sedevie, but Nate Ziegelmann too.

Good Link, Sic...

I was pleased to see that Chad Beiswenger (Lancers) is putting up nice numbers. Being the man behind Vicari can't be easy, and it looks like it's doing him good in the numbers department. I wouldn't mind seeing a local (Moorhead) 6'2" guy in the nets at REA one day... :glare: