SiouxSports.com Forum

2008 Minnesota Twins

gopherz

If you like pothead WRs who run only one route and try hard only when placed on a team that would be great with or without them, who shove refs, squirt refs with water bottles, beat women, simulate disgusting acts as a touchdown celebration, run over meter maids, scream at corporate team sponsers on busses, leave the field before the game is over, and pout when their "homies" are not allowed on the sideline during the NFC Championship... then I guess Moss is your man.

You forgot to add, "comes down with the ball when triple covered, can outjump/outrun every d-back in the league, and the best receiver since Jerry Rice."

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 5 months later...
Sigh. Sometimes being a Twins fan is exhausting. Two losses to KC.

I agree. If they would have won even 1 of these 2 games their fate would be in their hands. Win tomorrow and they win the Central. The way it sits now there are a few possibilities:

1. Twins win tomorrow and ChiSox win - Twins are 1/2 game up and the Sox have to play Detroit on Monday. If the Sox beat Detroit the Twins go to Chicago for a 1 game playoff. If the Sox lose to Detroit the Twins win the Central by 1/2 game.

2. Twins win tomorrow and ChiSox lose - Twins win the Central.

3. Twins lose tomorrow and ChiSox win - Central is tied and the Sox play Detroit. If they beat Detroit they win the Central...lose and the Twins go to Chicago for a 1 game playoff.

4. Twins lose tomorrow and ChiSox lose - Twins win the Central by 1/2 game.

Man, they are frustrating, aren't they? Just win a game! Can't depend on Cleveland, although they've helped us out these past 2 games. Nothing like coming down to the last game of the year (or a playoff) to decide things!

The Twins always pull this crap. Sweep the White Sox at home and then lose two in a row to the Kansas City Freaking Royals! :) That is proof that even if they do win the Central, they aren't going anywhere in the playoffs anyway. Consistency is what wins in October and this club doesn't have that. At least the Yankees won't be there.

I agree. If they would have won even 1 of these 2 games their fate would be in their hands. Win tomorrow and they win the Central. The way it sits now there are a few possibilities:

1. Twins win tomorrow and ChiSox win - Twins are 1/2 game up and the Sox have to play Detroit on Monday. If the Sox beat Detroit the Twins go to Chicago for a 1 game playoff. If the Sox lose to Detroit the Twins win the Central by 1/2 game.

3. Twins lose tomorrow and ChiSox win - Central is tied and the Sox play Detroit. If they beat Detroit they win the Central...lose and the Twins go to Chicago for a 1 game playoff.

Man, they are frustrating, aren't they? Just win a game! Can't depend on Cleveland, although they've helped us out these past 2 games. Nothing like coming down to the last game of the year (or a playoff) to decide things!

Ray77 your possibilites are wrong, you can't win the division by 1/2 a game because everyone is suppose to play 162 games.

We all know that Chicago and Detroit got rained out a few weeks back, so the Sox have played one less game than the Twins and that game COULD be the deciding factor on who wins the division.

1. Twins win tomorrow (88-74) and Sox win (87-74) = Sox vs. Tigers (Sox win, 1 game playoff against the Twins) (Sox lose to the Tigers, Twins win division)

2. Twins win tomorrow (88-74) and Sox lose (86-75 = Twins are the division Champs

3. Twins lose (87-75) and Sox win (87-74) = Sox lead division by 1/2 game and still play detroit. (Sox beat Detroit, they are division champs) (Sox lose to Tigers, 1 game playoff against Twins)

4. Twins lose (87-75) and Sox lose (86-75) = Sox go to Detroit to play the makeup game. Sox lose that game, Twins are division champs. Sox win that game, Twins go to Chicago for 1 game playoff.

This is an actual breakdown of what can happen, I included the records to go along with each of my explainations. This is just like last year with the Rockies and the Padres, each team had to play an extra game to see who was going to be the wild card winner.

Couple mistakes in there.

1. If the Twins win and ChiSox lose tomorrow, the Twins win the AL Central by 1.5 games and the postponed ChiSox/Tigers game does not need to be played.

In all other cases, the ChiSox/Tigers game will have to be played.

2. Twins win and ChiSox win. ChiSox lose makeup game. Twins win division by 1 game.

3. Twins lose and ChiSox lose. ChiSox lose makeup game. Twins win division by 1 game.

4. Twins lose and ChiSox win. ChiSox win makeup game. ChiSox win division by 1 game.

The next set will require the 1 game Twins/ChiSox playoff.

5. Twins win and ChiSox win. ChiSox win makeup game. Playoff winner wins division by 1 game.

6. Twins lose and ChiSox lose. ChiSox win makeup game. Playoff winner wins division by 1 game.

7. Twins lose and ChiSox win. ChiSox lose makeup game. Playoff winner wins division by 1 game.

edit: guess someone beat me to it.

Ray77 your possibilites are wrong, you can't win the division by 1/2 a game because everyone is suppose to play 162 games.

We all know that Chicago and Detroit got rained out a few weeks back, so the Sox have played one less game than the Twins and that game COULD be the deciding factor on who wins the division.

1. Twins win tomorrow (88-74) and Sox win (87-74) = Sox vs. Tigers (Sox win, 1 game playoff against the Twins) (Sox lose to the Tigers, Twins win division)

2. Twins win tomorrow (88-74) and Sox lose (86-75 = Twins are the division Champs

3. Twins lose (87-75) and Sox win (87-74) = Sox lead division by 1/2 game and still play detroit. (Sox beat Detroit, they are division champs) (Sox lose to Tigers, 1 game playoff against Twins)

4. Twins lose (87-75) and Sox lose (86-75) = Sox go to Detroit to play the makeup game. Sox lose that game, Twins are division champs. Sox win that game, Twins go to Chicago for 1 game playoff.

This is an actual breakdown of what can happen, I included the records to go along with each of my explainations. This is just like last year with the Rockies and the Padres, each team had to play an extra game to see who was going to be the wild card winner.

Sorry...was boozing last night when typing! I think your scenarios are exactly the same as mine. The only thing I had wrong was the "1/2" game deal, right?

Couple mistakes in there.

1. If the Twins win and ChiSox lose tomorrow, the Twins win the AL Central by 1.5 games and the postponed ChiSox/Tigers game does not need to be played.

In all other cases, the ChiSox/Tigers game will have to be played.

2. Twins win and ChiSox win. ChiSox lose makeup game. Twins win division by 1 game.

3. Twins lose and ChiSox lose. ChiSox lose makeup game. Twins win division by 1 game.

4. Twins lose and ChiSox win. ChiSox win makeup game. ChiSox win division by 1 game.

The next set will require the 1 game Twins/ChiSox playoff.

5. Twins win and ChiSox win. ChiSox win makeup game. Playoff winner wins division by 1 game.

6. Twins lose and ChiSox lose. ChiSox win makeup game. Playoff winner wins division by 1 game.

7. Twins lose and ChiSox win. ChiSox lose makeup game. Playoff winner wins division by 1 game.

edit: guess someone beat me to it.

Same reply as my reply to SiouxKid12 - I think your scenarios are exactly the same as what I said, only I said they'd win/lose by 1/2 game. My bad.

Same reply as my reply to SiouxKid12 - I think your scenarios are exactly the same as what I said, only I said they'd win/lose by 1/2 game. My bad.

yea the only problem was the 1/2 game. kinda hard to follow this when all they need to do is win just one game!

considering they went this far after losing Santana, Hunter, and Sliva (not a great player but would've helped the rotation), I think it was a very good year for them and something for them to look forward to next year!

yea the only problem was the 1/2 game. kinda hard to follow this when all they need to do is win just one game!

considering they went this far after losing Santana, Hunter, and Sliva (not a great player but would've helped the rotation), I think it was a very good year for them and something for them to look forward to next year!

I see what you're saying about losing Santana and Hunter, but Silva? Yuck. That was a blessing that Seattle overpaid for him and he left! I really hope they make the playoffs this year, but with how shaky their pitching has been I'm not too confident that they'll go too far if they should make it.

I see what you're saying about losing Santana and Hunter, but Silva? Yuck. That was a blessing that Seattle overpaid for him and he left! I really hope they make the playoffs this year, but with how shaky their pitching has been I'm not too confident that they'll go too far if they should make it.

I agree with you Ray.

Silva was exposed his final season with the Twins. He manages to get an incredible salary from the Mariners (good for Silva and his agent, but really... the Mariners GM should probably be fired after this season and this signing) and proceeds to be absolute garbage the entire season. I think at one point he went 0-9 in games where he actually earned a decision.

How would he help the Twins? Well, he'd provide the Twins with an excuse for not winning perhaps, but that's about all I could foresee.

Silva shouldn't even be in the majors. Ok, maybe that's harsh, but he certainly shouldn't be a starter. He'd be good as a spot reliever. He'd also be good as a promoter for the stadium concessions (:))

Well, I hope Detroit is pissed that they have to travel to Chicago for the makeup game. I might be counting chickens a bit early, but it looks like we're down to two scenarios. If the White Sox win tomorrow, the winner of the tiebreaker wins the division. If they lose, the Twins win without needing the tiebreaker game.

Go Tigers!

Well, I hope Detroit is pissed that they have to travel to Chicago for the makeup game. I might be counting chickens a bit early, but it looks like we're down to two scenarios. If the White Sox win tomorrow, the winner of the tiebreaker wins the division. If they lose, the Twins win without needing the tiebreaker game.

Go Tigers!

Ditto - I will be one of Detroit's biggest fans tomorrow. Looks like the game will be in the afternoon - I might have to adjust my lunch plans accordingly.

I agree with you Ray.

Silva was exposed his final season with the Twins. He manages to get an incredible salary from the Mariners (good for Silva and his agent, but really... the Mariners GM should probably be fired after this season and this signing) and proceeds to be absolute garbage the entire season. I think at one point he went 0-9 in games where he actually earned a decision.

How would he help the Twins? Well, he'd provide the Twins with an excuse for not winning perhaps, but that's about all I could foresee.

Silva shouldn't even be in the majors. Ok, maybe that's harsh, but he certainly shouldn't be a starter. He'd be good as a spot reliever. He'd also be good as a promoter for the stadium concessions (:))

He was fired months ago.

Go Tigers!!!

The Tigers failed. Apparently the White Sux are trying to do a black out with their fans or something? Regardless, it's stupid and they are going to lose. GO TWINS!!

(and I was at the series of the White Sux sweep, it was one of the greatest sporting events I've been to winning that 3rd game, it was NUTS)

The Tigers failed. Apparently the White Sux are trying to do a black out with their fans or something? Regardless, it's stupid and they are going to lose. GO TWINS!!

(and I was at the series of the White Sux sweep, it was one of the greatest sporting events I've been to winning that 3rd game, it was NUTS)

The Twins sweeping the Sox last week was great! GO TWINS......but I remember an even greater game at REA with a school from Holy Cross and U of M!!! :)