SiouxSports.com Forum

Sioux vs CC

Dave P

If the gophers continue to score 3 goals a game like they have been, I don't see how they lose a game with Kangas in net. That's why I am so desperate for UND to win it all this year. Without Oshie and JPL (aka our entire team) next year, plus having to battle Kangas and Bachmann for the next 3 years, it might be awhile before we have a realistic shot. Just think back to the beginning of the year, when every article or website talking about the best line in college hockey automatically took Oshie and Duncan's like out of the equation. Now, we don't even know who makes up Oshie and Duncan's line.

I would be surprised if Bachman is in the Springs next fall, from what I've been hearing around town he is gonzo. Marty Turco will soon be his mentor.

• Replies 219
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

One thing that has been constant in the last 30+ years that I've been watching Sioux hockey is pride. When the guys put on the jersey, they play hard. Today will be no different.

I'm optimistic because I think we match up better with CC than with DU, even without Trupp in the lineup. CC brings tremendous speed, and repeatedly blew past Gopher D last night.

BUT I think both Owens and Hakstol leave some tricks in the bag. I expect/hope we roll 4 lines and 6 D, I hope we give Oshie a little extra bench time between special teams, as he's clearly not 100%. I hope we see this as a chance to polish skills and playmaking against what I see as UND's co-equal as the nation's top team.

You guys have seen how the Gophers perform in the 3rd place game after playing the late semi-final. Expect more of the same from CC. If the Sioux can get two by Bachman I think they win. I'm guessing the NCAA will figure out a way to get the Sioux and CC in the springs, unless putting DU and CC there is more convenient.

You guys have seen how the Gophers perform in the 3rd place game after playing the late semi-final. Expect more of the same from CC. If the Sioux can get two by Bachman I think they win. I'm guessing the NCAA will figure out a way to get the Sioux and CC in the springs, unless putting DU and CC there is more convenient.

not that it matters but if the sioux somehow, someway pull out a miracle today and win they could go to worcester as the 3 seed along with bc and nh could go to the springs to protect bracket integrity. but that is counting chickens before they hatch.

not that it matters but if the sioux somehow, someway pull out a miracle today and win they could go to worcester as the 3 seed along with bc and nh could go to the springs to protect bracket integrity. but that is counting chickens before they hatch.

I'm pretty sure they have locked up a 2 seed. No way they get a 3 seed if they win.

UND lines from Brad Blog.

16 Ryan Duncan--7 T.J. Oshie--14 Brad Miller

20 Matt Watkins--29 Chris VandeVelde--17 Rylan Kaip

10 Andrew Kozek--8 Ryan Martens--22 Brad Malone

26 Kyle Radke--11 Darcy Zajac--21 Matt Frattin

4 Taylor Chorney--28 Robbie Bina

2 Joe Finley--5 Chay Genoway

6 Zach Jones--25 Jake Marto

1 Phil Lamoureux

30 Aaron Walski

UND lines from Brad Blog.

16 Ryan Duncan--7 T.J. Oshie--14 Brad Miller

20 Matt Watkins--29 Chris VandeVelde--17 Rylan Kaip

10 Andrew Kozek--8 Ryan Martens--22 Brad Malone

26 Kyle Radke--11 Darcy Zajac--21 Matt Frattin

4 Taylor Chorney--28 Robbie Bina

2 Joe Finley--5 Chay Genoway

6 Zach Jones--25 Jake Marto

1 Phil Lamoureux

30 Aaron Walski

im millers defence. He really did seem to bring a lot of speed and energy to that line during the third period yesterday. I think the Herald even mentioned something about it

well I, along with some of you, are at work today. wont be watching though. feed wont work for me anymore for whatever reason. will be listening though. hope te Sioux can get the win and move into the NCAAs with that little bit of momentum. boys need to step up and score 5 or 6 goals tonight. defense chipping in 1 or 2.

How is it that Adam reffed last night and is reffing again this afternoon? We've gotta save Shep for the Gophers? Whatever.... the annoucers seem to think the refs have been doing a good job so far in this tourney..... that's debateable

Penalty on Chorney - boarding

Penalty done... Sioux at full strength... TJ did a great job blocking shots, and J.P. with some good saves....