SiouxSports.com Forum

Some Sign Ideas!?!

SiouxFan_InBeaverLand

What are with the UND fans and signs? Just wondering. They are the only fans with them?

It was funny, there were some very drunk UND fans with a Holy Cross signs last night. Well Puffy went up to them and just kinda warned them that people are looking to KO them. The guy broke down in tears and looked like he was going to have a breakdown. He did give the sign to Puffy and he threw it out. After he gave his sign away this 21 year old kids had to get a hug from his mommy to get rid if the tears. He did the same thing Friday night but got choked out by a SCSU fan.

Watching the postgame. Lots of gooooopher fans with signs in the background co#%smoke bert. bottom line. Without sioux fans, this tourney is nothing.

• Replies 252
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What are with the UND fans and signs? Just wondering. They are the only fans with them?

It was funny, there were some very drunk UND fans with a Holy Cross signs last night. Well Puffy went up to them and just kinda warned them that people are looking to KO them. The guy broke down in tears and looked like he was going to have a breakdown. He did give the sign to Puffy and he threw it out. After he gave his sign away this 21 year old kids had to get a hug from his mommy to get rid if the tears. He did the same thing Friday night but got choked out by a SCSU fan.

why do you care? just wondering? so a few people want ot have some fun. big deal, a lot of harm in making signs. so dubay is telling sioux fans they are gona get knocked out? :glare:

Watching the postgame. Lots of gooooopher fans with signs in the background co#%smoke bert. bottom line. Without sioux fans, this tourney is nothing.
:glare:

That is about as ignorant and arrogant as any thing I have read on any board in a long time. Its amazing the thought process of some people. Maroon, red, green, purple..whatever it is....some of you people are hilarious. UND, WI, MN, CC, DU, SCSU, MSMU etc. make this tourney.

Rant...I think they need to do away with the beer...lots of D-bags in all colors are going to ruin it for the rest of us...off rant :(

:glare:

That is about as ignorant and arrogant as any thing I have read on any board in a long time. Its amazing the thought process of some people. Maroon, red, green, purple..whatever it is....some of you people are hilarious. UND, WI, MN, CC, DU, SCSU, MSMU etc. make this tourney.

Rant...I think they need to do away with the beer...lots of D-bags in all colors are going to ruin it for the rest of us...off rant :(

Sioux fans were large in number and louder than any other fanbase. We received many compliments supporting this fact by gopher and other fans.

Sioux fans were large in number and louder than any other fanbase. We received many compliments supporting this fact by gopher and other fans.

That would have been a much better original post. I agree, you were represented in great numbers and I met many great Sioux fans.

That would have been a much better original post. I agree, you were represented in great numbers and I met many great Sioux fans.

I have been going to this tourney for years, met more jerks from UMN-tc this year than any year previous. That may have led to my 'fightin words' earlier.

GO SIOUX!

Rant...I think they need to do away with the beer...lots of D-bags in all colors are going to ruin it for the rest of us...off rant :glare:

I wouldn't not be against this at all. I would be for it, actually.

It would definitely separate the fans who are there for hockey with the fans who are there to socialize and get drunk.

Though, there would still be plenty of people getting hammered before the game and coming already drunk.

I sat next to yzerman19 this weekend. Was really nice to meet him, and he and his cousin were fun to sit with. I hope they are there in the same seats again next year.

I give him credit for this sign idea. Picture in your mind Jack Nicholson.

You want THE OSH?

YOU CAN'T HANDLE THE OSH!!

He didn't have it for this weekend, but it looks like a good one for next weekend. :wink:

Yeah it was very impressive to see the green in the building, it was everywhere! all weekend! Thursday we saw many players around the arena and got some pictures and such. Fun times and fun people.

I enjoyed nearly every sioux fan cheering for denver in the championshp.. even people that were not pumped enough to stand up for goals, surely made it clear whos side they were on. I am pretty sure there was not more than 10 sioux fans in the building cheering for the gophers..

For Princeton game....

"It's Midnight for Cinderella

Bye Bye Tigers"

"Princeton Founded: 1746

Losted: 2008"

Did one like this when Yale was here a couple years ago:

"ECAC= I.V. League" illustrated (by my artistic neighbor) with an arm in a, in this case, Princeton jersey sleeve, getting a blood transfusion

These idiots sat in my section and they weren't funny in the least. There were about 4-5 college-aged kids holding these signs up (along with the 8 beers per game that each of them consumed). They stood up during every break in the action and held up their signs, cursed at other fans, and flashed the finger at people. At least two of them went up for beer between periods at some point during the weekend and had to be helped back to their seats by their moms. I'd had enough of their antics myself by Friday night and stepped down a few rows to tell them that on behalf of Sioux fans everywhere, I was asking them to cease and desist. After having one of the d-bags swear at me, things got a little heated and mommy quickly jumped in to defend her upstanding citizen of a son. I'll stand by what I told them on Friday night: They are an absolute embarrassment to Sioux fans everywhere.

These idiots sat in my section and they weren't funny in the least. There were about 4-5 college-aged kids holding these signs up (along with the 8 beers per game that each of them consumed). They stood up during every break in the action and held up their signs, cursed at other fans, and flashed the finger at people. At least two of them went up for beer between periods at some point during the weekend and had to be helped back to their seats by their moms. I'd had enough of their antics myself by Friday night and stepped down a few rows to tell them that on behalf of Sioux fans everywhere, I was asking them to cease and desist. After having one of the d-bags swear at me, things got a little heated and mommy quickly jumped in to defend her upstanding citizen of a son. I'll stand by what I told them on Friday night: They are an absolute embarrassment to Sioux fans everywhere.

Yikes, I know every fan base has them, just don't like to see them coming from the Sioux faithful! What's the saying. . . . .Act like you've been there before!

Yikes, I know every fan base has them, just don't like to see them coming from the Sioux faithful! What's the saying. . . . .Act like you've been there before!

Gopher fans AND Sioux fans in my section actually thanked me for saying something to them. They were pretty subdued by Saturday night, but probably only because they were too full of beer and too hung over to be as dumb as they were on Thursday and Friday.

What was equally apalling was the parents not only sitting by and watching their sons make fools of themselves, but almost encouraging it.

I enjoyed nearly every sioux fan cheering for denver in the championshp.. even people that were not pumped enough to stand up for goals, surely made it clear whos side they were on. I am pretty sure there was not more than 10 sioux fans in the building cheering for the gophers..

yep - and all the goph fans in my area were cheering for Denver on Friday - maybe because they did not want to have to play the mean Sioux team or perhaps they cheer against a team out of respect for them - naw.

anyway I feel that if you don't have a dog in the fight, cheering for a team to lose simply makes you look like a jerk and there were alot of them around this weekend. I wish we would drop all the Holy Cross stuff - it may have been fun for awhile but it is actually kind of embarassing now.

I think the worst thing I said to one of the goph fans Sat. night was "Do you actually think your going to win this game?"

Gopher fans AND Sioux fans in my section actually thanked me for saying something to them. They were pretty subdued by Saturday night, but probably only because they were too full of beer and too hung over to be as dumb as they were on Thursday and Friday.

What was equally apalling was the parents not only sitting by and watching their sons make fools of themselves, but almost encouraging it.

I remember seeing those guys all weekend, we were in 116 pretty much directly across from you. Those were about the only bad Sioux fans we saw pretty much the whole weekend. I believe one of those guys was the one that got choked on Friday night for making fun of a "thinning haired" fan.

I remember seeing those guys all weekend, we were in 116 pretty much directly across from you. Those were about the only bad Sioux fans we saw pretty much the whole weekend. I believe one of those guys was the one that got choked on Friday night for making fun of a "thinning haired" fan.

I saw those guys from afar and thought they were awfully brave. (or as it turns out, drunk and stupid)

Thanks for the props Siouxmama, I also very much enjoyed sitting with you and your contingent. I also appreciate the credit for my silly sign idea.

I still think my best line was when the Gophs pulled the goalie and I yelled "look, they put in Frazee". :wink:

I met great and bad Gopher fans all weekend. It isn't the team they support, but the individuals.

My favorite is the moron who was ridiculing the Sioux for third place, who, when I stated that the scenario played out the best way possible for UND as far as NCAA seeding, told me I was stupid for not knowing that the winner of the FInal 5 was the automatic #1 seed in the NCAAs. I just walked away.

The other idiot was a nice guy, but sat behind us and said to me when the game ended on Saturday night. I bet you wished your Sioux would've played them that tough. I said, I think they did. It was 1-1 late into the third, when DU scored a magnificent goal to pull ahead and got an empty netter to win. He also had no idea that UND had a winning record against DU this year and that we were going into the NCAAs as a #1 seed.

Oh well. I had a blast and didn't mind the fun razzing.

I still think my best line was when the Gophs pulled the goalie and I yelled "look, they put in Frazee". ;)

That was a classic. :wink:

Don't forget about the girls straight from the Bon Jovi concert. They had no idea what they were talking about...after their team got 2nd place. After all, 2nd place is just the 1st loser. :D

The thing that gets me, is that it seems that so many Gopher fans do not know that the Final 5 isn't the last weekend of hockey.

My sign idea:

on one side-

Picture of Matt Watkins with full mustache, underneath it simply: MAN

next to it-

Picture of an opponent player without mustache, underneath it simply: boy

Or

a spoof of a "Got Milk" add that says: Got Sioux? with a number of players with their mustaches.